Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2016, 13:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | Now Wolf'd | 6 years & 42,000 km done

Heartiest congratulations on the Baleno buy. From outside it looks like an oversized hatch, however I felt the space at the rear less than expected. I felt the dashboard and HU design to be a little weird but one of things which I liked about the Baleno is the clean bonnet. The washer nozzles are neatly tucked inside making them invisible from front.

Did you not get the underbody anti rust coating done? I would suggest to get it done.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 14:30   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Heartiest congratulations on the Baleno buy. From outside it looks like an oversized hatch, however I felt the space at the rear less than expected. I felt the dashboard and HU design to be a little weird but one of things which I liked about the Baleno is the clean bonnet. The washer nozzles are neatly tucked inside making them invisible from front.

Did you not get the underbody anti rust coating done? I would suggest to get it done.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
I think baleno has the highest legroom and shoulder room amongst hatchbacks. Rear seats lack under thigh support and bench type compromising comfort on long drives. I am planning to get underbody coating from 3M soon.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 12:00   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexa Points Explained
I do not find My Nexa Carduseful unless you exchange car or refer someone to buy a new car from Nexa. One nexa point is equivalent to 75 paisa. So atleast 10k points required to redeem the amount worth a Nexa card.
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img_20160311_100035.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 11th March 2016 at 12:01.
Old 13th March 2016, 10:30   #19
BHPian

Hey Naren,
first of all congratulations for your purchase and nicely put ownership report. Do keep it updated. Always feels great to read ownership reports of other fellow baleno owners. Happy safe driving.
Abhi
abhik897 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 11:11   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
Hey Naren,
first of all congratulations for your purchase and nicely put ownership report. Do keep it updated. Always feels great to read ownership reports of other fellow baleno owners. Happy safe driving.
Abhi
Thanks buddy!
I just crossed 3000 kms today. I am planning to change my alloys and go for MOMO revenge 16 inch by end of this month.
Old 15th March 2016, 17:30   #21
BHPian

Congratulations Doc, and wish You and Your family, happy and safe drives,,
Baleno is a modern, very good looking car indeed, great proportions and good feature list and backed by Maruti service, cant go wrong..

Very nice pics.
3000 kms in such a short time, won't a diesel have better suited you??
I know, Your family already have diesel cars, but still, if the usage is so heavy, or, this is initial excitement and driving around a NEW Car...
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 18:26   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Hemanth_Joshi
Thanks buddy!
Yes, my car has run 3000 kms in 4 months. My running won't be more than 10 K kms in a year. My diesel cars run more than 20k kms in a year. Considering the current petrol-diesel price difference of just 10 rs, it would take me atleast 10 years to recover the extra 1.3 lakhs if I bought diesel baleno. Also I was not happy with NVH levels and gearshift in diesel variant. I tend to remap or put a tuning box after warranty period. Sadly, no option for petrol Baleno.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 15th March 2016 at 18:28.
Old 17th March 2016, 21:52   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

UPDATE-TYRE PRESSURE DROPPED BY 2 PSI FOR BETTER LOW SPEED RIDE
Hello guys,
I drove around 60 kms with 27 psi tyre pressure. Ride was much better on broken roads compared to stock 29 psi. I guess this is the easiest fix for bouncy low speed ride. I hope there is no harm in reducing tyre pressure by 2 psi.
Cheers!
Old 20th March 2016, 16:29   #24
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hello guys,
I drove around 60 kms with 27 psi tyre pressure. Ride was much better on broken roads compared to stock 29 psi. I guess this is the easiest fix for bouncy low speed ride. I hope there is no harm in reducing tyre pressure by 2 psi.
Cheers!
Do update if there is any effect on the mileage. I think shouldn't effect much for the daily city drives.
Old 20th March 2016, 17:15   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Do update if there is any effect on the mileage. I think shouldn't effect much for the daily city drives.
I do not see any drop in mileage. I did not check using tankfull method. MID is not showing any significant change.
Cheers!
Old 22nd March 2016, 15:36   #26
BHPian

Reduced tyre pressure will make the tyres more prone to Flats.

Not sure if its good to lessen the pressure than the values specified for the make/model,
I normally add 1 point to the recommended value for long drives with the car is loaded, not sure if this is also proper..,

Quote:
Hello guys,
Cheers!
Old 22nd March 2016, 15:50   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Reduced tyre pressure will make the tyres more prone to Flats.

Not sure if its good to lessen the pressure than the values specified for the make/model,
I normally add 1 point to the recommended value for long drives with the car is loaded, not sure if this is also proper..,
I drive alone most of the times and reducing 2 psi won't be harmful I believe. I have seen in few cars where they recommend increased tyre pressure when car is loaded(like my Grand i10)
Old 30th March 2016, 01:22   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

CONFUSION-SHOULD I SELL THE CAR?
I am very happy with my baleno except little bumpy ride on broken roads. My plan was to keep the car for atleast 4-5 years. But I am very confused since a week. I had bought petrol baleno considering other 2 high running diesel cars in my garage. I am getting a Renault kwid in couple of days. Also, I have got a irresistible offer for my baleno for 7.5 lakhs. I had paid almost the same amount 5 months back and driven 3000 kms. Baleno Zeta petrol has 6-8 months waiting period. Kwid will serve us for short trips and city runs. I use my remapped sx4 for highway drives. I am considering to sell my baleno and buy base variant 1.6 S Cross. It was my dream to own 1.6 multijet and was turned down only by pricing. Now maruti has officially reduced the price.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 30th March 2016 at 01:25.
Old 30th March 2016, 09:08   #29
BHPian

If you aren't facing any major monetary loss, then I don't see why you shouldn't go for the upgrade.
rdst_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 09:54   #30
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CONFUSION-SHOULD I SELL THE CAR?
I am very happy with my baleno except little bumpy ride on broken roads. My plan was to keep the car for atleast 4-5 years. But I am very confused since a week. I had bought petrol baleno considering other 2 high running diesel cars in my garage. I am getting a Renault kwid in couple of days. Also, I have got a irresistible offer for my baleno for 7.5 lakhs. I had paid almost the same amount 5 months back and driven 3000 kms. Baleno Zeta petrol has 6-8 months waiting period. Kwid will serve us for short trips and city runs. I use my remapped sx4 for highway drives. I am considering to sell my baleno and buy base variant 1.6 S Cross. It was my dream to own 1.6 multijet and was turned down only by pricing. Now maruti has officially reduced the price.
When the wallet and mind is not suffering, it is really easy to go with the heart.
Go for it, if the S-Cross is what you desire.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed