Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2016, 10:28   #46
BHPian

re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Wolf Moto, EDIT: 10+ years & 1.3 lakh km done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have never replaced rear brake drums. SA said rear brake liner is almost worn out. There is little squeaking noise while braking fro rear.
Thanks for reply! Since you are equally good doctor for cars as well, let me take another piece of advice from you, my car is out nearly out of warranty , is it necessary to replace the Diesel filter, every 20k proactively or shall I wait for the dashboard light to glow up. I saw couple of videos to drain water from the filter, but wasn't very comfortable with the idea. What do you reckon doctor?

Between, I always ensure to fill the fuel from the COO pump.
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 12:36   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi - Remapped by Wolf Moto, EDIT: 10+ years & 1.3 lakh km done

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Thanks for reply! Since you are equally good doctor for cars as well, let me take another piece of advice from you, my car is out nearly out of warranty , is it necessary to replace the Diesel filter, every 20k proactively or shall I wait for the dashboard light to glow up. I saw couple of videos to drain water from the filter, but wasn't very comfortable with the idea. What do you reckon doctor?

Between, I always ensure to fill the fuel from the COO pump.
Dashboard light will glow up only if there is water in fuel. It is always good to replace all the filters at manufacturer recommended intervals.
Old 10th July 2016, 12:17   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Picture of brake discs after facing : Cost - 500 Rs
Attached Thumbnails
My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img_20160630_113845_1467266975663.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 23:54   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Current ODO is 1.15 lakh KM. I am planning to change all filters(comes as a kit) and engine oil from MASS. Car has run almost 22K KM post Wolf remap. I have not noticed power drop issue even once. I had intermittent power loss issue for a very long time. Maruti could never identify the issue as there were no error codes. Then I realised that it's a common problem in all 1.3 VGT engines. But it is not yet reported in Ciaz/S-Cross. According to Wolf tuner, Fiat's method of solving this issue is by switching off EGR (they don't disclose it officially). EGR was switched off in Wolf map and I have never faced power loss issue.

Wiper blades are worn out. I have ordered EPA frame less blades from parts big boss. It costs 360 Rs.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 25th July 2016 at 23:57.
Old 3rd August 2016, 18:35   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been using Mobil MGDO fully synthetic oil. I am planning to use Mobil Delvac 5W 40 during next oil change. Is it better?
Old 5th August 2016, 22:38   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using Mobil MGDO fully synthetic oil. I am planning to use Mobil Delvac 5W 40 during next oil change. Is it better?
Just go for it eyes closed. Would love the engine sound more 😀
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 22:56   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Just go for it eyes closed. Would love the engine sound more 😀
Good to hear that. How's your car doing? I have run almost 1.15 lakh kms and there were numerous niggles throughout my ownership except for the last 15K KM. I think Wolf remap brought some luck along with more power .
Old 6th September 2016, 16:49   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Car has done around 25K KM post remap. Recently there is some issue. Car goes into limp mode with check engine light. OBD scanner read the error code as turbo boost high. I had faced the same issue when the car was under warranty and Maruti had replaced the turbo. Car was not remapped that time. I need to check if car goes into limp mode in stock map now. Rajiv is out of country and would be back only in December. I don't know how to get back the stock map now. I will try with MASS if they could help. I was running with little high boost post remap. There was no issue before.
Old 14th September 2016, 03:35   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

I checked the car with Maruti and they advided me to replace the turbo. I tried if I could get stock map from them and SA did not have any idea about it. TOT had come down to Mangalore to remap my S-Cross. I had stock map file with me (Rajiv had provided). I asked TOT if they could flash the stock map and they were helpful. I drove in stock map and there was no overboost error/engine going into limp mode. I was relieved because turbo is fine. Engine also sounded little silent in stock and there was nil black smoke. I have tried Petes and Wolf remap in SX4. Evil mind prompted me to ask TOT if they could give "demo" of their map ( I wanted to check if turbo overboosts in TOT Map). After 15 minutes, Sid sends the tuned file to Vivek. He flashes the map and it took only 4 minutes. Estimated figures are 115 BHP, 250 NM. I drove the car for around 25 KM and literally floored the throttle to check if car goes into limp mode. There was no overboost error/limp mode. Engine was more silent than stock and car did not smoke much too, I mean it's under normal limits for an engine which has run 1 lakh plus KM. I do not know how TOT tailors such beautiful maps. Vivek asks "Do you want the stock map?". Logically, I should have said "Yes" because if I could wait for few months, Rajiv could have sorted out the issue. But I couldn't say "No" to TOT Map and that means even my SX4 is running with TOT remap. All 3 diesel cars in my garage are remapped by TOT now. SX4 has experienced remaps from 3 different tuners. I will drive the car with present map for few more hundred miles to get a clear picture. TOT map feels the most powerful amongst all the remaps.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 14th September 2016 at 03:40. Reason: ,
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 16:25   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Pete's Vs Wolf Vs TOT remaps in SX4 :

I have tried remap from 3 different tuners in my SX4.

Pete's remap :

Addictive turbo kick, poor top end, lots of black smoke

I drove the car for only 5K KM in their map and reverted back to stock. To my bad luck, I had high oil consumption post remap. I do not know if it was due to remap. Engine was opened up and piston rings were changed.

Wolf Moto :

Turbo kick was less prominent, lesser black smoke and better top end. Engine noise was slightly higher than stock after running few thousand KM. After driving for around 9 months, turbo used to overboost/limp mode. Rajiv was out of country to rectify the issue. I wanted to check if turbo overboosts in stock map. So I took help of TOT to revert it back to stock.

TOT :

Engine noise levels are lesser, very strong mid range. Turbo did not overboost and engine did not go into limp mode.

Car still smokes even with TOT remap. There is continuous black smoke if I do WOT above 3000 RPM. I will change my air filter and watch for black smoke.

Car doesn't smoke at all in stock map even with 8K run air filter which is dirty!!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 16th September 2016 at 16:27.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 16:18   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Dad drove to Bangalore today and he was very impressed with the car. He got 18.5 KMPL for a trip of around 400 KM. He says engine is silent and power delivery is very linear. Only issue with the TOT Map is black smoke. But I think it's OK as there is no drop in FE. Sid has told it could be sorted out and will update the map. Even my Grand I10 and S-Cross is remapped by TOT, but do not smoke. I have ordered new air filter from Parts Bigboss.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 20th September 2016 at 16:20.
Old 9th November 2016, 11:03   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, I got the chance to test the car myself on long trip post TOT remap during my drive to Bangalore yesterday. Mid range is very strong and even top end has improved. I have got 15 KMPL even with right foot heavy driving. Car was pulling effortlessly on ghats. As I mentioned before, only negative point is black smoke. There is too much smoke while doing WOT above 2500 RPM. TOT has said it's not a major issue and could be corrected, but there would be little drop in power. I have never timed 0-100 run. I hope to do it soon with Kryptonite .

I am planning to change oil and filters at Adiga Motors ( Bosch Service Centre).
Attached Thumbnails
My 2011 Maruti SX4 ZDi | Remapped by Wolf Moto | EDIT: Sold at the 12-year mark-img20161108wa0007.jpg  

Old 10th November 2016, 00:57   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, I got the chance to test the car myself on long trip post TOT remap during my drive to Bangalore yesterday. Mid range is very strong and even top end has improved. I have got 15 KMPL even with right foot heavy driving. Car was pulling effortlessly on ghats. As I mentioned before, only negative point is black smoke. There is too much smoke while doing WOT above 2500 RPM. TOT has said it's not a major issue and could be corrected, but there would be little drop in power. I have never timed 0-100 run. I hope to do it soon with Kryptonite .

I am planning to change oil and filters at Adiga Motors ( Bosch Service Centre).
The headlights add character to the car. There is something about the SX4 that makes me miss driving the car. I drive a car that is much more potent and powerful here in the states, but still there is something about SX4 that still gets me excited.

I am thinking of getting my SX4 in India remapped too to solve the power loss issue. Need to get it checked in detail once I am over there next month.

I had a question for you. Normally when the power loss issue happens, after pulling over to the side, its very difficult to get the car to move from dead stop after slipping the clutch. The car just doesn't want to move and jerks around. Did you experience the same too when your car suffered power loss? When this happens, switching off and switching on the car solves the problem. The clutch works fine rest of the time and there is no juddering or slippage. I am wondering if the clutch switch or something has gone bad.
gatham.psb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 01:24   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatham.psb View Post
I had a question for you. Normally when the power loss issue happens, after pulling over to the side, its very difficult to get the car to move from dead stop after slipping the clutch. The car just doesn't want to move and jerks around. Did you experience the same too when your car suffered power loss? When this happens, switching off and switching on the car solves the problem. The clutch works fine rest of the time and there is no juddering or slippage. I am wondering if the clutch switch or something has gone bad.
I had power loss issue in SX4 since long time. There were no error codes and Maruti was not able to diagnose it.

I had 3 different types of power loss issues.

1) Car would just hesitate to accelerate and jerks. It gets fine with restarting the engine.

2) Car wouldn't go above 2500 RPM ( Limp Mode). But again, no error codes. Solution was to restart the engine

3) Car would go into limp mode at around 120 KMPH with error code as turbo overboost. Maruti replaced the turbo under warranty and it was sorted

First 2 power loss scenarios kept recurring even after turbo change.

At around 80 K KM, I had got the car remapped from Petes and it still had power loss issues.

I had got Wolf map later. There was no power loss issue with this map for around 9 months. Later, I encountered the power loss issue with turbo overboost error. Since the Wolf tuner was out of country, I took TOT help and ended up getting their remap. I have not faced any power loss issues with TOT map. Wolf and TOT Maps had EGR disabled. Also, I am being told by some insiders from Maruti and Fiat that power loss issue for 1.3 Multijet 90 hp engine is a common problem and it's related to EGR.
Old 14th November 2016, 19:25   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

V Box : 0-100

I caught up with Bhpian Kryptonite today to do V box run. We have not timed in stock map. According to Autocar, it's 13.8 sec. Kryptonite got 10.8 sec and that was really brilliant. 3 seconds faster
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed