Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 15:11   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Outback Bronze Renault Kwid RXT(O) - Now 5 years / 18,000 km up

Dad drove Kwid to Bangalore yesterday. He got a very impressive FE of 23 KMPL. He did not go above 100 KMPH. He is impressed with handling and ride quality. Baleno gives slightly better FE than Kwid even though ARAI claim of Kwid is 4 KMPL higher.
Old 16th June 2016, 15:06   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

I have driven 1500 KM till date. Car has become smoother now. I have observed sound from tank fuel pump. Normally it should be present for only few seconds. But it is present even while driving which annoys me. Is it same in all Kwids?
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 00:05   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post

Have you noticed any squeaking noise from rear while applying brakes? Was surprised to notice the same in a 2 month old Kwid recently. Your observation will definitely help enthusiasts and owners to be informed of the issue.
I have driven 1700 KM and first service is at 2000 KM. I have noticed squeaking noise while braking now. It usually comes at end of braking maneuver. I think it's from front brakes. I will raise this issue along with fuel pump noise during first service.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 11:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have observed sound from tank fuel pump. Normally it should be present for only few seconds.
Sorry for the noob question, but what is fuel tank pump (is it fuel pump?) and what kind of sound does it normally make?
Old 18th June 2016, 13:24   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
Sorry for the noob question, but what is fuel tank pump (is it fuel pump?) and what kind of sound does it normally make?
There is a pump in fuel tank. Normally, it will make a faint sound when you start the car. I don't think it's normal for the sound to be present even while driving. It's a "kuiiiiiii" sound.
Old 30th July 2016, 23:15   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

I was supposed to get first free service on July 10 th. I forgot about it and did not get any reminder call from Renault. Maruti and Hyundai dealers would call every alternate day to remind . I have run only 1900 KM. I have not used the car since few weeks. I will take her out tomorrow . I need to get the first service also done soon. I am planning to get it done at Renault Mangalore. I had bought the car from Renault Kannur. Both Renault Kannur and Mangalore is owned by TVS.
Old 6th August 2016, 11:54   #37

Dr very impressive review, Planning to book Kwid today same RXT optional on road its coming around 4.83 in Bangalore , few thing wanted to know about the car

what is KWID FE in city after service ? hw is performance ?
Parichay.bp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 23:15   #38
BHPian

Hello ,

Congratulations Dr.Naren on the purchase I'm in love with this car ever since its launch.

Tried really hard to convince my dad to purchase a Kwid and he almost bought one. But, due to a high waiting period of 4 months, we were forced to settle with a Eon.
Syed_Munazzir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 07:26   #39

Quote:
. Congratulations Dr.Naren on the purchase I'm in love with this car ever since its launch.

Tried really hard to convince my dad to purchase a Kwid and he almost bought one. But, due to a high waiting period of 4 months, we were forced to settle with a Eon.

Syed Waiting period is very less now only max 30 days, yesterday have booked kwid rxt(o) expected delivery date September 7th and on road 4.74
Parichay.bp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 09:17   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parichay.bp View Post
Syed Waiting period is very less now only max 30 days, yesterday have booked kwid rxt(o) expected delivery date September 7th and on road 4.74
Congratulations on your booking Parichay

Agreed that it has reduced now. 6 months earlier it was on a soaring high and I really miss it!
Old 7th August 2016, 11:40   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parichay.bp View Post
what is KWID FE in city after service ? hw is performance ?
I did not get the car serviced yet. I don't believe about increase in FE post service. It's just about engine break in period. I get around 14-15 KMPL in city and 18-20 KMPL on highways. Performance is not great. It would serve the purpose of short trips and city driving without any complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed_Munazzir View Post
Agreed that it has reduced now. 6 months earlier it was on a soaring high and I really miss it!
I got the Kwid delivered 7 months post booking. Renault has ramped up the production capacity and waiting period has reduced now.
Old 7th August 2016, 12:48   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I did not get the car serviced yet. I don't believe about increase in FE post service. It's just about engine break in period. I get around 14-15 KMPL in city and 18-20 KMPL on highways. Performance is not great. It would serve the purpose of short trips and city driving without any complaints.

I got the Kwid delivered 7 months post booking. Renault has ramped up the production capacity and waiting period has reduced now.
I had a bad experience of waiting for 8 months to get my Honda City.It was a very long and a frustrating wait. Did not want to wait for so long again. Got Hyundai Eon delivered in a week's time. Though I personally liked kwid more, but the waiting period was just too high and my dad did not want to wait.
Syed_Munazzir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 19:23   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

I booked the slot for first service tomorrow. I am getting it done at Renault Mangalore.

P. S : Renault dealer told me few 1.0 L Kwids are in transit.
Old 13th August 2016, 11:22   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

I got the first free service done today. It was just inspection and wash. I complained about fuel pump sound. SA accepted the issue (looks like a common problem) and told would be replaced under warranty. Part is not in stock. Order is placed and dealer will call when the part arrives. He also said Renault has modified the fuel pump. Renault should have recalled the car instead of replacing fuel pump for only the customers who complain about sound. Car has run 2000 KM till date.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 13th August 2016 at 11:24.
Old 15th August 2016, 13:37   #45

Quote:

Nareen Dealer informed before first service FE will be around 14 to 15 any change after 1st service ? also he was telling at max we can drive non stop of 230 KM after that we need to give break of 20 min to engine to cool down is that true ?
Parichay.bp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed