Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2016, 15:04   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 5 years & 72,000 km up!

Torque Pro OBD APP :

I checked few parameters using Torque App. Fuel level in % is almost accurate. Engine coolant temperature never went above 94 degrees. What's surprising is max turbo boost reading. It was around 23.5 PSI always. It has now changed to 25 PSI after little aggressive driving (ECU self adaptation??). Sx4 stock boost reading was 18.5 PSI and 22.5 PSI post remap. Intake manifold temperature is higher if compared to my remapped SX4. I think it's because EGR is switched off by remap and engine always gets cooler air.
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61-screenshot_20160731141712_org.prowl.torque.png  

My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61-screenshot_20160731141725_org.prowl.torque.png  

Old 31st July 2016, 16:35   #122
BHPian

Osram Night Breaker D2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Stock Ballast : Philips 25W

Stock Bulbs : Philips D5S HID
Thank you for this post. I wanted to know the kind of HID bulbs on the S-Cross, since Suzuki has managed to include them without having headlamp washers. I believe there is a light output level (>2,000 lm as I remember), above which it mandates the manufacturer to have headlamp washers fitted as standard. Your concern with low light output of your car even with stock HIDs and this bulb specification adds up

If you do manage to have D2S projectors installed in the car, I suggest you go with Osram NightBreaker Unlimited Xenarc. They are the top spec 35W D2S bulbs out there. I have used the D1S equivalent of the same and found them to be noticeably better than the stock Osram D1S bulbs I had in the car. I am not sure if they are available with local retailers, but it isn't a pain to source it from an euro vendor either.

My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61-osram-night-breaker-d2s.jpg
Osram Night Breaker D2S

Last edited by avinash_clt : 31st July 2016 at 16:45. Reason: Spelling
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 16:54   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Osram Night Breaker D2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post

If you do manage to have D2S projectors installed in the car, I suggest you go with Osram NightBreaker Unlimited Xenarc. They are the top spec 35W D2S bulbs out there. I have used the D1S equivalent of the same and found them to be noticeably better than the stock Osram D1S bulbs I had in the car. I am not sure if they are available with local retailers, but it isn't a pain to source it from an euro vendor either.
As I have mentioned earlier, plan is to go with OEM bulbs in D2S projector. I am considering Osram Night breaker (4200K) vs Osram CBI (5500K). TRS would be the reliable place to source the bulbs.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 17:13   #124
BHPian

Quote:
As I have mentioned earlier, plan is to go with OEM bulbs in D2S projector. I am considering Osram Night breaker (4200K) vs Osram CBI (5500K). TRS would be the reliable place to source the bulbs.
The light output will be noticably better with the night breakers than the CBI. CBI looks 'cooler', but becomes less effective in rains.

Compared to TRS, you can get the same genuine bulbs significantly cheaper from Germany. See here:Amazon Germany, Osram NB D2S . The price including shipping and custom duties will be cheaper than the cost of bulbs itself at TRS.
avinash_clt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 17:17   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The light output will be noticably better with the night breakers than the CBI. CBI looks 'cooler', but becomes less effective in rains.

Compared to TRS, you can get the same genuine bulbs significantly cheaper from Germany. See here:Amazon Germany, Osram NB D2S . The price including shipping and custom duties will be cheaper than the cost of bulbs itself at TRS.
Yes, night breakers would be more practical with 4200K. CBI is for looks . I thought to source it through friend/relative coming from USA.

Did you get night breakers from Amazon Germany?
Old 31st July 2016, 17:46   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get night breakers from Amazon Germany?
Yup, I got them from Germany. As a thumb rule most of the Osram bulbs are cheaper from Euro region than when sourced from US websites. After all, the bulbs are made in Germany and might be the reason. The listings on Amazon Germany have shipping included to India and they will take care of the import duties also, hassle free. Frankly, this is still cheaper than through any retailer in India I have come across.

While buying these Osrams, you can check whether they are genuine or not by using a 7 digit code on the packaging/box. Entering this code should match a physically imprinted value on the bulb themselves. So far they have, for all the ones bought through Amazon, Germany

Osram HID genuine verification
avinash_clt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 17:48   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, I got them from Germany. As a thumb rule most of the Osram bulbs are cheaper from Euro region than when sourced from US websites. After all, the bulbs are made in Germany and might be the reason. The listings on Amazon Germany have shipping included to India and they will take care of the import duties also, hassle free. Frankly, this is still cheaper than through any retailer in India I have come across.

While buying these Osrams, you can check whether they are genuine or not by using a 7 digit code on the packaging/box. Entering this code should match a physically imprinted value on the bulb themselves. So far they have, for all the ones bought through Amazon, Germany
Thanks for the information buddy.

I need to confirm about Mini D2S retrofit first. Then I will source the bulbs .

Cheers!!
Old 1st August 2016, 11:15   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 5 years & 72,000 km up!

I had sent an email to TRS support team about projector option for S-Cross. They have asked me to send better pics. But I don't want to risk DIY unscrewing of projector.
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61-screenshot_20160801111217_com.google.android.gm.png  

Old 1st August 2016, 15:53   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

I have recently noticed stock hid bulbs in my S-Cross has become little better after usage. There is bulb break in period for hid bulbs and only then it would give best performance. I had clicked few pics yesterday and just happened to compare with pics clicked before. It looks more brighter now. I am reconsidering my decision to change projectors. Stock headlight assembly costs around 45K. Also it is not possible to upgrade bulbs and ballast for S-Cross. D5S bulb has igniter integrated with 25 W ballast.

I am posting few pics. It has good hot spot at centre and cut off gets bowed on sides which results in good reach but reduced width. I think I can live with it. I will postpone the projector swap and go for a good remap for now .
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61-img20160731wa0042.jpg  

My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61-img20160731wa0041.jpg  

My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61-img20160801wa0002.jpg  

My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61-img20160801wa0001.jpg  

Old 19th August 2016, 17:58   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Alientech might develop OBD Protocol for 1.6 S-Cross remap

I had mailed Alientech (leading tool manufacturer) about OBD protocol for 1.6 S-Cross. No tool maker has OBD protocol for 1.6 S-Cross ECU yet. Alientech replied that they might work on developing OBD protocol next month. I hope it happens .
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61-screenshot_20160819165456_com.google.android.gm.png  

My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61-screenshot_20160819165413_com.google.android.gm.png  

Old 29th August 2016, 15:03   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Present ODO is 4000 KM. During my last Bangalore trip with 5 people on board and full luggage, I got only 13.5 KMPL. Dad drove alone to Bangalore 2 days back and he has got 19 KMPL. Engine oil has turned slightly brown in colour now. In my other diesel cars, engine oil used to turn black within first 1500 KM.

Car is doing great except for minor rattles from rear parcel shelf and sun glass holder.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 21:51   #132
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to retrofit Mini D2S projector from Xenon Planet. As I have mentioned before, stock projector output is just average.

I removed the back cap of headlight today. There is lot of space inside. I think stock projector could be removed without opening the headlight assembly.
Stock Ballast : Philips 25W

Stock Bulbs : Philips D5S HID
Any idea as to what make and model the stock projectors are, and their diameter(size)?

I did notice the beam pattern, throw, intensity, alignment, cut-off, temperature and range to be rather good in the S-Cross. Might be somethings a little off with your particular car? Maybe you can get it checked out. I presume that its still under warranty?

Quote:
Stock headlight assembly costs around 45K. Also it is not possible to upgrade bulbs and ballast for S-Cross. D5S bulb has igniter integrated with 25 W ballast.
45k For one side? Thats a whole lot of Vitamin-M!
So, assuming a bulb goes kaput, the whole unit(the bulb/bassalt module) needs replacement? So the only possible way to upgrade the bulb/ballast is to change the projector unit and get an external ballast? Crikey!

Last edited by One:1 : 1st September 2016 at 21:58.
Old 1st September 2016, 22:22   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One:1 View Post
Any idea as to what make and model the stock projectors are, and their diameter(size)?

I did notice the beam pattern, throw, intensity, alignment, cut-off, temperature and range to be rather good in the S-Cross. Might be somethings a little off with your particular car? Maybe you can get it checked out. I presume that its still under warranty?
I do know about projector make. I need to take the projector out to find out. It looks like there is enough space to take out the stock projector from back side without opening headlight assembly.

I am not saying output is bad. But it is nowhere close to a proper bixenon setup. There is no issue in my car and I have found it same in other cars too.

Quote:
45k For one side? Thats a whole lot of Vitamin-M!
So, assuming a bulb goes kaput, the whole unit(the bulb/bassalt module) needs replacement? So the only possible way to upgrade the bulb/ballast is to change the projector unit and get an external ballast? Crikey!
It's around 45K for a pair. Stock bulb/ballast can be replaced separately. But it's not possible to upgrade only bulb/ballast in this case. Only option is to change entire projector setup. I will plan something next month about it. Now I am short of Vitamin-M as the car is getting remapped next week .
Old 15th September 2016, 16:32   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

I have run close to 5000 KM and it's time for 2 nd free service. Car is doing really good and it's a monster post TOT remap .

Details here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...o-tronics.html
Old 17th September 2016, 06:12   #135
BHPian

Dr. Naren I have a question, I took a test drive of scross yesterday and was surprised to notice lot of vibrations on the clutch and also the NVH was very poor. It was a 45000 km driven vehicle, not sure if it was a test drive vehicle as no stikers were on it

Can you please let me know what you feel about NVH in scross 1.6 and if you are noticing vibrations on clutch pedal?

The turbo rush is addictive, I am planning to book the car, but am concerned about the issues I mentioned above.

Would be great if you can say some words on this topic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks