Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2017, 18:35   #331
BHPian
 
gururajrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: KA 01-09
Posts: 803
Thanked: 1,378 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

1.3 Scross owners have now a lot to rejoice and im sure you’re now eagerly waiting mate Dr Naren

Source
gururajrv is offline  
Old 24th November 2017, 18:48   #332
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
1.3 Scross owners have now a lot to rejoice and im sure you’re now eagerly waiting mate Dr Naren
That's old news . It has been already discussed in S-Cross review thread. I do not have much hopes regarding switchable maps for S-Cross 1.6. The processor is tough nut to crack as per Rajiv.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 24th November 2017 at 19:13.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 18:51   #333
BHPian
 
gururajrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: KA 01-09
Posts: 803
Thanked: 1,378 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
That's old news . It has been already discussed in S-Cross review thread. I have not much hopes regarding switchable maps for S-Cross 1.6. The processor is tough nut to crack as per Rajiv.
Ha ha but first thing that came to my mind was if it was for 1.6. If it was I’m sure by now it would’ve been in your car
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 16:58   #334
BHPian
 
Doo_Dev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 76
Thanked: 99 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Just one question on the car behaviour on the remap. Did the remap agency have a report on the impact of emission due to the remap? I am referring to the detailed gas analyzer based emission (typically done by OEM) tests and not the tailpipe emission tests usually done at petrol pumps.
Doo_Dev is offline  
Old 28th November 2017, 17:08   #335
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post
Just one question on the car behaviour on the remap. Did the remap agency have a report on the impact of emission due to the remap? I am referring to the detailed gas analyzer based emission (typically done by OEM) tests and not the tailpipe emission tests usually done at petrol pumps.
No OEM level emission tests were done. No after market tuner would do it (at least in India ). I believe that emission levels would be increased in tuned cars, as you dump in more fuel to make more power. Anyways there is no issue in passing our routine pollution tests.
Dr.Naren is offline  
Old 29th November 2017, 10:09   #336
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 3,243
Thanked: 5,143 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have tried many additives and injector cleaners from differed brands. Recently I tried Abro Diesel injector cleaner and results are good. Engine feels smoother and NVH is down.

5. Abro Diesel injector cleaner : It works!!

6. Shell V Power Diesel(This has additives) : Mixed opinion. It was good initially, but during last refill the engine got very jerky.

Is the diesel injector useful for a engine that has run less than 10k kms? I have ordered the Abro Diesel Fuel treatment and waiting to see if it affects anything for the better.

I had the same experience with my last refill of V-Power Diesel. The engine felt noisy and it was a full tank of V-Power for a trip to Coorg. Onward was actually fine, but still didn't feel the initial difference that I felt when I used it first on a trip.

Last edited by tharian : 29th November 2017 at 10:10.
tharian is offline  
Old 29th November 2017, 10:14   #337
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Is the diesel injector useful for a engine that has run less than 10k kms? I have ordered the Abro Diesel Fuel treatment can and waiting to see if it affects anything for the better.
You can use it. But, the difference would be prominent in cars which has run more.

Quote:
I had the same experience with my last refill of V-Power Diesel. The engine felt noisy and it was a full tank of V-Power for a trip to Coorg. Onward was actually fine, but still didn't feel the initial difference that I felt when I used it first on a trip.
Did you fill at Shell Mysore? I was regularly using Shell V power (Mysore Bunk) and only once I had this issue of noisy engine, jerks etc. I stopped using Shell V power for few weeks. I decided to give it another try and filled few days back. It was good this time .
Dr.Naren is offline  
Old 29th November 2017, 10:26   #338
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 3,243
Thanked: 5,143 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Did you fill at Shell Mysore? I was regularly using Shell V power (Mysore Bunk) and only once I had this issue of noisy engine, jerks etc. I stopped using Shell V power for few weeks. I decided to give it another try and filled few days back. It was good this time .
This was in Bangalore at the usual bunk.

Anyway I use V-Power exclusively for trips and stick to Essar for city which works well too with the main point being not much smoking.
tharian is offline  
Old 29th November 2017, 10:29   #339
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Anyway I use V-Power exclusively for trips and stick to Essar for city which works well too with the main point being not much smoking.
Do try Reliance diesel. There are not many bunks inside Bangalore city. I believe there are only 3 or 4 in Bangalore. Most of them have observed that Reliance diesel was much better
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 13:43   #340
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

I am using Mini OBD reader, bought from Amazon. The outer plastic is very weak n it broke into pieces when I accidently hit it with my foot. Good part is that the reader is still working.

Watch this video
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 20:59   #341
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

I gave the car to dad and he drove from Mysore to Kasaragod today. As per my request, he updated the FE figure on whatsapp during the trip

Coorg
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!-img20171208wa0012.jpg
30 km later (climbing down)
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!-img20171208wa0016.jpg
Home (Kasaragod)
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!-img20171208wa0018.jpg

I would be driving Baleno for the rest of 2017
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 09:38   #342
ike
BHPian
 
ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai/KL-08
Posts: 382
Thanked: 457 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
1. Liqui moly speedtec diesel : Not recommended, no difference at all

Is this not just for injector cleaning? Do they actually claim increase in performance/economy?


3. Cetane-X : It works, I liked the product. It worked as per their claims.

I can vouch for this. I picked it up after reading your experience and it is good

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 16th December 2017 at 09:56. Reason: fixing quote
ike is offline  
Old 16th December 2017, 09:49   #343
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Is this not just for injector cleaning? Do they actually claim increase in performance/economy?
Liqui Moly speedtec diesel additive claims better combustion, performance etc. I did not find any difference.

Quote:
I can vouch for this. I picked it up after reading your experience and it is good
Good to hear that . Cetane-X is like magic. There would be immediate difference in NVH and throttle response.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 10:47   #344
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 3,243
Thanked: 5,143 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Cetane-X is like magic. There would be immediate difference in NVH and throttle response.
Can you send me a link to order this online?
I checked and found a Amazon link which mentioned the price as some 2k.

Would like to try it out. I used Abro fuel additive and its definitely worth it it.
tharian is offline  
Old 17th December 2017, 10:51   #345
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 4,824
Thanked: 1,842 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Can you send me a link to order this online?
Ping them directly on Facebook or Instagram

Costs ₹ 150 for a bottle
Klub Class is offline   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks