Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2016, 13:12   #61
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I can understand your impatience for the run in period to get over
One thing I really like about the S-Cross is the stability it provides at higher speeds. This car really masks the speed. You may not realize the actual speed if you are not looking at the speedometer.

Also, cornering at high speeds is also pretty good. Very little body roll and the confidence it gives for the driver is tremendous.

I have driven my 1.3 at higher 3 digit speeds just to check the performance. (Do not advice any one to drive above the permissible speed limits on our roads). Another aspect about this car is that driver / passengers will never feel the fatigue even during long trips.
I was waiting to complete the run in period, travelled to Bangalore to meet my friend on Friday. We have been on this highway umpteen number of times in our Micra and when we crossed Arcot, I started pushing the S Cross way past 3 digit mark but it was so stable and planted my wife asked me why I was driving so sedately. When I asked her to look at the speedo, she said that she didn't feel the same way as she had experienced in the Micra.
At last had the chance to use the CC for 4 to 5 kms. Would be returning to Chennai tonight. Really enjoying driving the S Cross and especially the arm rest.
BenHarPree is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 16:33   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 1,422
Thanked: 1,823 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Unhappy With Stock Projectors :

I am not happy with output of stock projectors. It is only little better than halogen in terms of width. I have noticed vibration of projectors on bad roads. Today I was shocked to see that chrome lining surrounding the lens is getting chipped off. Very disappointed with the quality. Would Maruti replace it under warranty?

Zoom in and look for chrome lining chipped off at left side of pic
Do the projector headlamps have any adjustment screws to adjust the beam like regular halogen headlights?

Having first offered projector headlamps with the Stingray I thought Maruti would have sorted out these niggles by now.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline  
Old 6th June 2016, 15:15   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
I was waiting to complete the run in period, travelled to Bangalore to meet my friend on Friday. We have been on this highway umpteen number of times in our Micra and when we crossed Arcot, I started pushing the S Cross way past 3 digit mark but it was so stable and planted my wife asked me why I was driving so sedately. When I asked her to look at the speedo, she said that she didn't feel the same way as she had experienced in the Micra.
At last had the chance to use the CC for 4 to 5 kms. Would be returning to Chennai tonight. Really enjoying driving the S Cross and especially the arm rest.
I agree buddy. S-Cross 1.6 would never disappoint you on highways. This car can keep up with 2.0 L engines on road .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Do the projector headlamps have any adjustment screws to adjust the beam like regular halogen headlights?

Having first offered projector headlamps with the Stingray I thought Maruti would have sorted out these niggles by now.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Yes, there are screws for adjustment. Maruti uses bixenon projectors only in S-Cross and Baleno. Stingray/Ciaz/Brezza has low beam halogen projector.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 15:23   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

I am planning to visit 3M store next week for wraps. I have decided the following.

1. ORVM : Gloss black wrap
2. Grill : Gloss black wrap
3. Area on bumper below the grill : Matte black wrap
4. Area above rear number plate : Gloss black wrap

I am planning to do wrap roof later.

Suggestions please.
Dr.Naren is offline  
Old 7th June 2016, 16:19   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,503
Thanked: 2,133 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I agree buddy. S-Cross 1.6 would never disappoint you on highways. This car can keep up with 2.0 L engines on road .
This afternoon I was also told by the Nexa relationship manager, when he was giving his marketing spiel, that he apparently left a Fortuner in the dust on the NH-4 while driving the S Cross 1.6. Don't know how credible that is, I just nodded my head without commenting!
arindambasu13 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 16:34   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
This afternoon I was also told by the Nexa relationship manager, when he was giving his marketing spiel, that he apparently left a Fortuner in the dust on the NH-4 while driving the S Cross 1.6. Don't know how credible that is, I just nodded my head without commenting!
Yes, it is possible buddy. S-Cross 1.6 has weight advantage of more than 500 kgs. A new Innova test drive car couldn't manage to overtake me. I was just pushing the accelerator pedal in 5 th gear .
Dr.Naren is offline  
Old 7th June 2016, 18:58   #67
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,067
Thanked: 3,487 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, it is possible buddy. S-Cross 1.6 has weight advantage of more than 500 kgs. A new Innova test drive car couldn't manage to overtake me. I was just pushing the accelerator pedal in 5 th gear .
Nowadays, seeing lot of racers in Chennai-Bangalore highway in SCross. Earlier it was Verna and the likes. SCross found a new set of customers?
romeomidhun is offline  
Old 7th June 2016, 19:35   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Nowadays, seeing lot of racers in Chennai-Bangalore highway in SCross. Earlier it was Verna and the likes. SCross found a new set of customers?
It's different on Kerala highways though. I hardly see any S-Cross being driven like that. Kerala highways are dominated by Swift & Ritz racers . S-Cross 1.6 has very good potential and I hardly find any roads here to extract it. Also I do not revv above 3000 RPM.
Dr.Naren is offline  
Old 8th June 2016, 21:45   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Picture taken at hospital parking lot : Next to Duster & Ecosport
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!-img_20160608_165722.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 09:00   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,503
Thanked: 2,133 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Hi Dr Naren,

In my two test drives of the 1.6 on different test vehicles, I noticed that the clutch was very hard. I drive a Swift petrol, and therefore (obviously) the comparison was even more stark. Of the two vehicles, one was driven38k kms while the other was at 20k kms. While I do buy into the argument that both were probably abused test drive examples, what do you have to say about the clutch of your new car? Is it similarly heavy? I also noticed a vigorous kick back action in the clutch when changing gears- is that also something you notice in your car?
arindambasu13 is online now  
Old 9th June 2016, 11:27   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Hi Dr Naren,

In my two test drives of the 1.6 on different test vehicles, I noticed that the clutch was very hard. I drive a Swift petrol, and therefore (obviously) the comparison was even more stark. Of the two vehicles, one was driven38k kms while the other was at 20k kms. While I do buy into the argument that both were probably abused test drive examples, what do you have to say about the clutch of your new car? Is it similarly heavy? I also noticed a vigorous kick back action in the clutch when changing gears- is that also something you notice in your car?
I have driven 3 different 1.6 TD cars. Clutch was heavier and gearshifts were little notchy in all 3 cars. To my surprise, it was not so in my car. Gearshifts and clutch is way better than TD cars. My RM said Maruti has done some changes to fresh batch. I feel clutch is heavy only if I drive S-Cross after driving my Baleno petrol. Clutch is too light and gearshifts are butter smooth in Baleno.
Dr.Naren is offline  
Old 10th June 2016, 09:58   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

I have noticed that stock bixenon projectors in S-Cross is not great. Night driving in rain is really painful. Halogen bulbs in my Baleno perform better during rain. Do halogen bulbs have better visibility than xenon hid during rains?

I always like to see my cars clean. But for some reason, S-Cross looks good even like this .
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!-img20160610wa0000.jpg

Baleno is registered under dad's name. We made use of Nexa card finally. Dad gave referral coupon and got 1400 Nexa points. S-Cross is bought by me.
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!-screenshot_20160609130654_com.grapes.nexa.png

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th June 2016 at 10:12.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 21:46   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

6 th gear : RPM at particular speeds

80 KMPH : 1500 RPM

100 KMPH : 2000 RPM

140 KMPH : 3000 RPM

Cars pulls even at 80 KMPH in 6 th gear. Above 100 it literally picks up speed and 1.6 is so exciting even in 6 th gear. I found the stability too good and no vibration issues as reported by few people in forum.

Fuel Efficiency

I have driven 800 Kms till date. I got 18 KMPL FE using tankfull method. MID showed 18.4 KMPL.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 11th June 2016 at 21:50.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 22:49   #74
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 4,583
Thanked: 31,296 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
6 th gear : RPM at particular speeds


100 KMPH : 2000 RPM
One doubt- Isn't the 1.6 known to touch 100kmph in 6th gear at 1750rpm?? Or am I missing something here??

Quoting from the Official review-
Quote:

The S-Cross can be a calm highway cruiser too. 100 km/h comes up at just 1,750 rpm in 6th (~2,200 rpm in 5th gear).
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!-img20160612wa0001.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 01:24   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Manipal
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 13,160 Times
Default re: My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
One doubt- Isn't the 1.6 known to touch 100kmph in 6th gear at 1750rpm?? Or am I missing something here?

Regards,
Shashi
I will recheck it buddy. 1.6 does around 1500 RPM in 6 th gear at 80 KMPH. I will post pic of 100 KMPH in 6 th gear tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha : Stage 3 Wolf (~200 HP / 420 NM). EDIT : 70,000 km up!-img_20160526_200256.jpg  


Last edited by Dr.Naren : 13th June 2016 at 01:26.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks