Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2007, 11:17   #16
BHPian

Very gud write up mate, even i have been using a bolero for the past 5 yrs and i never ever had any issues with it...As u said, all we need to do is get the vehicle serviced at the right time !!
Old 17th April 2007, 15:34   #17
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Great review jp1. I didn't see any comment about the ride comfort, how was the ride comfort in the old one and has it improved in the new one? BTW, why didn't you go for 4WD for the latest one, you did say you missed it in the GLX.
The ride comfort is the same as GLX, no improvement at all

Why i did not go for 4WD, (a) front wheel suspension is leaf spring (b) engine is different with still lower bhp
Old 18th April 2007, 09:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This is line from Bunny Punia's review:
The bumpy part is a deal breaker, that's on a 2wd SLX. The 4x4 version has an undertorqued engine and leaf type suspension in the front and rear, the ride would be worse. Anyway, I'll do a TD to feel it first hand.
I drove an MM540 for over a decade. The hard leaf spring suspension really sucked though it becomes useful when you get into offroad situations where you stop caring about comfort. Even with 10 people loaded in it, we could feel every little crater on Bangalore's roads though.

I cannot imagine why M&M would still be persisting with leaf springs in a vehicle where they provide great air-con, a music system, and power-everything. Methinks they are short of engineering resources, most of who are on the new Scorp/ Ingenio projects, and they're getting a few guys to make continuous tweaks to the Bolero.
Old 5th October 2007, 14:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

bolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
I drove an MM540 for over a decade. The hard leaf spring suspension really sucked though it becomes useful when you get into offroad situations where you stop caring about comfort. Even with 10 people loaded in it, we could feel every little crater on Bangalore's roads though.

I cannot imagine why M&M would still be persisting with leaf springs in a vehicle where they provide great air-con, a music system, and power-everything. Methinks they are short of engineering resources, most of who are on the new Scorp/ Ingenio projects, and they're getting a few guys to make continuous tweaks to the Bolero.
hi,
i completely agree with you on mahindras reluctance on getting rid of leaf springs. Look at defender or a Wranglers set up.....coil over live axle set up. very good for articulation and also good on comfort.
Mahindras must look at this kind of setup over independent set up ala scorpio 4wd

vinod
Old 15th April 2008, 18:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Using soft-rubber tyres, lowering the air-pressure for city use and removing a leaf from the rear suspension greatly improves the ride quality and makes it very compliant. Of course, it also rides better when fully loaded. .
Hi GTO, can you please advice, which leaf do you recomend to remove for better suspension?? Is it the second last one??? I would like to try it on my MM540.
Old 15th April 2008, 21:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

scary incidents those were and you certainly were lucky.
Was briefly thinking about the bolero too before buying the safari but 120kmph max and lack of 4wd with independent front suspension changed the stakes. BUt honestly ... you undoubtedly own one of most ruggedly reliable vehicles in India(thats my opinion).
Good luck Boleroing!!
Old 16th April 2008, 12:14   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Coil over Live Axle set up would be fantastic for all variants of Bolero and Scorpio - it would be next gen as far as Mahindras are concerned I guess - this new Scorpio that I just bought comes with multi link rear suspension and has much improved the back seat comfort most definitely, over the older Scorp. However, I read in AutoCar or Top Gear that this could contribute to some body roll on winding roads. any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
hi,
i completely agree with you on mahindras reluctance on getting rid of leaf springs. Look at defender or a Wranglers set up.....coil over live axle set up. very good for articulation and also good on comfort.
Mahindras must look at this kind of setup over independent set up ala scorpio 4wd

vinod
Old 16th February 2009, 21:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

I live in Gurgaon, Delhi NCR where the roads are fairly good. My BOlero SLX 2008 model gives an average of 14 kmpl with the A/C running.

Earlier in the bad traffic of Patna it hardly averaged 9 Kmpl.

I also drive a lot on rather poor single carriageway higway to neghbouring cities where it averages about 15 kmpl.

The only problem I have had were a couple of blown heater/fog light fuses. I wonder why heater and fog light is on the same fuse for in foggy North India winters both devices are often used in tandem.

Most Viewed