Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2016, 14:10   #31
BHPian

Re: An owner's review of the VW 1.2L MPI engine

Opportune time for posting the review with the Ameo around in the 1.2 avatar. With sensible pricing, decent fuel economy and relaibility it might take off although refinement is not a match.
Old 23rd June 2016, 03:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
I forgot to add the Polo 1.2 (3 cylinder) and Polo TSI (4 cylinder) ARAI figures. The TSI again quotes slightly better FE.

I know that a 1.2/1.4 turbo charged engine can easily compete with a 1.8 NA and the 1.2 inherently delivers better FE, but all I am saying is that one can extract more FE from a turbo charged engine because of its early peak torque delivery. This is a reason that the turbo charged engines have a smaller RPM band to play with.
I think this point is valid only for Highways . My Audi 1.8 TSI gives me 16 kms to a litre on my Mumbai Pune drives while it drops to 8 within city .
Old 17th July 2016, 19:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Incidentally, the Indian version was tuned slightly differently to get a few more horses.

I was wondering if there's scope for extracting even more power from this Engine. I would love to have my Fabia 1.2HTP in a higher state of tune. What could be the pros and cons of modifying for more power? I was hoping if this 3cyl can be turbo charged
Old 3rd January 2020, 23:28   #34

[quote=abhishek46;3997531]Thanks!

By the way, there is an option to reduce Engine sound to some extent in VW Polo1.2 MPI, which i recently got to know from fellow BHPian.
Fitment of TDI's engine insulation cover on the petrol's bonnet (which is a direct fit).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3990156

I’ve installed the under bonnet insulation in my polo 1.2 mpi. It definitely improves nvh levels by around 20-30%.
Old 3rd February 2020, 14:11   #35

Hi,

I have 1.2 MPI and have done around 28K in 2.2 years.
Recently I travelled to Bangalore from Hyderabad and have noticed a bit of an odd pattern.

I am in top gear and going at 120, and then need to brake hard coming down to 60.
Then if i open up throttle the engine response is very linear from 1.5K RPM to 2.5K RPM.
Beyond that it has power on tap. But between 70 and 90 kmph at 2k to 2.2k rpm, the response is very very flat.
Is this correct behavior or am i losing engine refinement.
I did service just 2 months ago
Old 3rd February 2020, 16:08   #36
BHPian

I drive a 1.6MPI on Skoda Rapid which also finds its place in Vento except for the Highline Plus variants.

I can agree with all your points except for one, I rev range performance. The power surge is felt up to 5500 RPM. It's rev friendly and the four-cylinder note is pleasant to ears. Other characteristics seem similar to 1.2MPI which I believe it's the characteristics for VW's NA engine's. It's definitely noisy, but the cabin is well insulated here.

Most Viewed