Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 13th June 2021, 16:06   #166
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
One idea would be to do some sort of tag on the tyres/alloys ( like numbering it 1 to 5 ) and then remember the positions of 1 to 5 before the service and then validate it after the service. I'm planning to do this with the Crysta.
That's right. I normally write in white chalk the place where I want the rotated tyre to go. This way it clears up any ambiguity of which tyre has been rotated where. You can always check after the job if the tyres are rotated to the correct spot where they ought to be. During one of the trips to Madhus in Bangalore (their branch on RV Road going by the name of Continental) the gentleman balancing the tyre told me that the balancing machine itself would suggest where the tyre ought to be placed. I wasn't sure of this so I opted to go with what I had marked. The rotation pattern is available in your owner's manual.
Rgds, Bsimhan
Old 30th June 2021, 19:03   #167
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta ownership report. EDIT: Engine replaced (page 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

[*]When you switch off the car at lights, the HU goes off. So, if you are having a Bluetooth conversation, you are hosed! In a car with a key, this does not happen. The upshot of this is that you waste gas at lights if you are having a conversation on the phone or listening to some really good music, like Bohemian Rhapsody - you just dont want to shut it off!
This should be fixed in software, in my opinion
Automatic owners,

When you stop the engine in drive or neutral, does the music system switch off?

This is a nice feature I have observed in the grand i10 auto. Not sure about the crysta
Old 21st December 2021, 08:31   #168
Senior - BHPian

Note: The 85k report was forked off as its own thread due to the cracks in the dashboard & steering

The report and the resulting discussions and resolution ca be found here.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st December 2021 at 09:10. Reason: Fixing broken URL.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed