Default Re: Quick update @ 82000km/ 3.5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil@786 View Post

In the interim I've been debating over the below 4 pre-owned cars:
1) Skoda Superb 3.6
2) Honda Accord 3.5/3.0
3) Toyota Camry
4) MS Kizashi

Since, you are a proud owner of the Superb you'd be apt to shed more light on the aforementioned.
Hello Sunil,

I cannot objectively recommend between the models that you mentioned, as all of them has their USPs and do something better than the others. I would ask you to prioritise on what parameter is most important to you. Outright performance, dynamics, braking, rear seat comfort, practicality, ease of maintenance, will it be chauffeur driven, safety net, creature comforts etc.
  • For Camry, I have driven only the current generation and not the previous ones, so I cannot compare.
  • Kizashi, the 2.4 MT version was the most involving drive, not in outright performance, but in terms of driver involvement. The car I drove was in a LHD market with 18" rims, so it was stiff but still plenty of communication from the chassis/steering. I expect not so different dynamics from the CBU model sold in India.
  • Honda Accord: In its stock form, I never liked the handling characteristics on the Accord (both the generations with 3.5V6 and 3.0V6 respectively). Our purchase choice was primarily from driver involvement and the Accord never ticked the boxes. We are not chauffer-driven either. But for similar level of attention to maintenance, I expect a 10-15 year Accord to be in better shape than a Superb.
  • Superb 3.6 - Outright performance, grip levels and braking. Best safety net. I still dislike its steering feedback, you don't always know what exactly is happening but the Haldex setup will ensure the car maintains the line without drama. There is a Bilstein B6 setup on our car (installed in early 2020), but I haven't driven it enough to confirm the improvements.

As you would have noticed, our priorities were skewed towards having an affordable performance car, which also happened to be practical and safe among many other things. Good relations with local VW/Skoda service and previous experiences from other models also helped.

Prioritise for yourself and take sufficient test drives before taking the plunge

Last edited by avinash_clt : 27th October 2020 at 18:28. Reason: Spelling
avinash_clt is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed