Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:26   #31
BHPian

re: The Sleeper | My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha | 140,000 kms completed

Congrats on your new car . It was an wise decision to go for 1.6 . We almost brought the car at same time . can i request you to put some photos of your seat position, in every angle possible :-) .

Enjoy your car and many happy miles ahead.
madaboutCARS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:39   #32

Congrats Arvind Ji !!! Your car looks great.
I just figured out from your car pictures that we both live in the same apartment. Looking forward to meet you sometime in our apartment.
Hope you would have seen my car (Ford Ecosport Sea Grey) with team bhp stickers opposite to the Badminton court in our apartment.

Wish you happy motoring, drive safe.
NHPoochandi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 22:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm295 View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition. The car does look neat in this colour. How does the car handle on the highway? Does it have any body role?
May you enjoy this beautiful car for many more miles to come.
Thanks VDM!! At the speeds which I went, it handled very well and was able to hold on to the curves on the highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
Congrats on your new car . It was an wise decision to go for 1.6 . We almost brought the car at same time . can i request you to put some photos of your seat position, in every angle possible :-) .

Enjoy your car and many happy miles ahead.
Yes, sir I remember. Thank you for your wishes. When you say sear position, what do you mean? the seat height or photos from behind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPoochandi View Post
Congrats Arvind Ji !!! Your car looks great.
I just figured out from your car pictures that we both live in the same apartment. Looking forward to meet you sometime in our apartment.
Hope you would have seen my car (Ford Ecosport Sea Grey) with team bhp stickers opposite to the Badminton court in our apartment.

Wish you happy motoring, drive safe.
Thank you NHPoochandi. Very small world after all. Yes, I do remember a Ecosport sporting team-bhp stickers, not the car color though. Look forward to meeting you soon
Old 3rd September 2016, 19:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Some observations on the music system:

1. The slider volume control, though it looks good is a nightmare to use as the volume either becomes too high or low. Reduction by 1 or 2 points is very difficult. Thank God for the steering control

2. When a song is playing and I mute it and unmute it after about 5 mins or so, the song restarts from the beginning but the song duration slider continues from where it is left off.

3. Does any body have the car play working for their Android phones ? Unsuccessful till date in doing that. iPhone works well though
Old 3rd September 2016, 20:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Some observations on the music system:

3. Does any body have the car play working for their Android phones ? Unsuccessful till date in doing that. iPhone works well though
CarPlay technology is exclusive to iOS[iPhone]. We do have a similar technology for Android phones called Android Auto which is currently not present in the S-Cross. While Launching the Baleno, Maruti did say that they will bring Android Auto to their Smartplay system but they still haven't done that
nimit3105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 20:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
CarPlay technology is exclusive to iOS[iPhone]. We do have a similar technology for Android phones called Android Auto which is currently not present in the S-Cross. While Launching the Baleno, Maruti did say that they will bring Android Auto to their Smartplay system but they still haven't done that
Thanks for the information. Maybe I used the wrong term, car play but I do think there is something for Android ( is it called mirror link)? Let me Google a bit more and get back
Old 3rd September 2016, 21:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information. Maybe I used the wrong term, car play but I do think there is something for Android ( is it called mirror link)? Let me Google a bit more and get back
Oh yes, Mirrorlink! I did use it in my S-Cross with a Galaxy S6. Mirrorlink support is very limited as only a handful of Android phones support it. The functionality is also not as good as CarPlay or Android Auto, Majority of the smartphones don't support it which is why I'm impatiently waiting for Android Auto
nimit3105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 14:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

One month with my vehicle, some stats:

Number of kilometers: 2200
Average mileage: 15.9 kmpl
Highest mileage: 17.9kmpl - The Madras - Bangalore trip
Lowest mileage: 13kmpl
1st service done, costed 30Rs. for a shampoo
Niggles faced: After mute unmute, the song restarts. Also, not a niggle, but a general question, does the MID mileage err on the higher side? Tank to Tank I found a difference of around 1 - 1.5 kmpl.

Lot of smiles, itching to take the vehicle to the highway again. Probably sometime early next month.

Last edited by arvind71181 : 7th September 2016 at 15:13.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 17:51   #39
BHPian

Quote:

• Auto headlamps work well as well, but I don’t find as much use as the wipers. Also, I end up looking like an idiot in other’s eyes when they see me use the MLCP with headlights every day
Congrats on your new car. Loved reading the writeup !
One observation - Auto headlamps are a boon in covered parking. The Headlights must be in "ON" state in covered parkings and MLCPs. It adds to the safety by alerting other drivers of a moving vehicle (even during day). There isn't much awareness regarding this however it is very important. With the cabin insulation getting better with newer cars - role of viewing light of moving vehicle becomes more important in alerting the drivers.
Rahul_ is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 23:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your car Arvind. Can you help me on how to set and access more than 6 channels?

Quote:
Upto 18 channels can be stored, about 12 too many for me. DVD playback quality is good, so is the USB and Phone clarity. Voice command also is decent
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 08:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Congrats on your new car. Loved reading the writeup !
One observation - Auto headlamps are a boon in covered parking. The Headlights must be in "ON" state in covered parkings and MLCPs. It adds to the safety by alerting other drivers of a moving vehicle (even during day). There isn't much awareness regarding this however it is very important. With the cabin insulation getting better with newer cars - role of viewing light of moving vehicle becomes more important in alerting the drivers.
Thank you Rahul. Yes they are useful. I have stopped worrying about switching on and off the headlights. Only thing is they are not useful as the auto wipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Congrats on your car Arvind. Can you help me on how to set and access more than 6 channels?
Thank you govigov. There will be 3 FM stations: FM1, 2 and AST. Each can store a max of 6 channels. They are visible when you chose to change the audio mode.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 14:45   #42
BHPian

Congratulations Arvind

Any plans of getting this remapped?

And, big thanks for patiently explaining the PDI process that you did at NEXA Popular.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 21:12   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Congratulations Arvind

Any plans of getting this remapped?

And, big thanks for patiently explaining the PDI process that you did at NEXA Popular.
Thank you Prodigy, right now no plans of any remap. Dr.Naren has remapped his, if you want to check out a remapped one. Even MI10 has. 150 odd BHP!!!
Old 18th September 2016, 23:34   #44
BHPian

Hi Aravind, is this configuration which is shown in the attachment ( from the official review thread) possible?

I asked the RM he had no idea.

Can you please let me know?
Attached Thumbnails
The Sleeper | My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha | 140,000 kms completed-1474221743474.jpg  

vidyasagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 15:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Hi Aravind, is this configuration which is shown in the attachment ( from the official review thread) possible?

I asked the RM he had no idea.

Can you please let me know?
Hi Vidyasagar, saw your message now, give me sometime, will revert. The configuration looks to be needing to remove the seat bottom portion itself. Will check if there is any mechanism for removing the same. If you need a quick answer, posting this in the official review thread also might help?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks