Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 17:24   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Hi Aravind, is this configuration which is shown in the attachment (from the official review thread) possible?
If I am permitted to answer on behalf of Arvind Sir, yes buddy this is very much possible.

The seat base is held at two points. Just remove it out to remove the base. The seat will fold F-L-A-T.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd October 2016 at 07:15. Reason: Typo
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 23:11   #47
BHPian

re: The Sleeper | My Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Alpha | 140,000 kms completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If I am permitted to answer on behalf of Arvind Sir, yes buddy this is very much possible.

The seat base is held at two points. Just remove it out to remove the base. The seat will find F-L-A-T.
That's interesting. I don't think a lot of the sales guys know this. Can you put weight on the backrest of the rear seat folded down like this without the support of the seat below? Or does it just hang in the air?
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 10:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Nothing much to update. The vehicle has run 3500kms and is going well without any rattles (touch wood). The mileage in city is varying between 13 - 14 which I think is fine. The only niggle I am facing is that when I play a song, mute it and again un mute it, the song simply restarts from the beginning, which is irritating. Any way to resolve this? Do not want to take the car to the service center for what looks to be a minor problem which I can live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
That's interesting. I don't think a lot of the sales guys know this. Can you put weight on the backrest of the rear seat folded down like this without the support of the seat below? Or does it just hang in the air?
I have not checked it but I assume that the backrest will definitely be able to bear the usual weights that you might put on it once it is folded down.
Old 6th October 2016, 11:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
The only niggle I am facing is that when I play a song, mute it and again un mute it, the song simply restarts from the beginning, which is irritating. Any way to resolve this?
I'm facing similar issue in my Baleno Zeta CVT as well. Apart from this, the other issue I'm encountering is when I change track using steering mounted controls, the Mode changes
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 23:05   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Hi Aravind, is this configuration which is shown in the attachment ( from the official review thread) possible?...
That can't be called a 'configuration'; I'd rather call it 'stripping' the seat. What is shown is the seat base is "removed" and kept aside. As @anurag mentioned, you just need to "pull up" the seat base and place it like shown in the pic (to leverage max space in the car). The seat can also be taken from the car and kept at home / garage till the luggage haul is completed. it's possible not only in S-Cross, should be the same for all Maruti cars at least (though I believe all non-premium cars should be the same).

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
...Can you put weight on the backrest of the rear seat folded down like this without the support of the seat below? Or does it just hang in the air?
You definitely can, but I'd be careful to put heavy objects on the backrest with the base removed. Reason = once the seat base is removed, your backrest will rest on the metal frame / mould on which the seat base will be positioned (just imagine a sofa with the skeleton and no cushion).

There are chances that the seat could be damaged if we put a lot of weight on it as it'll be pressed against the bare & exposed metal.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th October 2016 at 23:10. Reason: Refined the post
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 12:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I'm facing similar issue in my Baleno Zeta CVT as well. Apart from this, the other issue I'm encountering is when I change track using steering mounted controls, the Mode changes
Does this happen always or only sometimes? I have not faced this issue. Is it possible that you are inadvertently pressing the mode button when trying to change the track as they are quite nearby?
Old 3rd November 2016, 13:43   #52
Senior - BHPian

The ECU of this car simply does not want stalling to happen!! I have noticed this a lot of times, when I reduce my speed to say below 20 in the second gear or around 30 in the 3rd gear, the ECU tries to kick up or at least maintain the speed at the minimal viable speed. Sometimes, I feel there is some sort of an acceleration itself, especially when I press the clutch in 2nd at around 10 kmph and then release it.

In the other cars that I have driven, I have not noticed such an aggressive ECU
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:52   #53
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ECU of this car simply does not want stalling to happen!! I have noticed this a lot of times, when I reduce my speed to say below 20 in the second gear or around 30 in the 3rd gear, the ECU tries to kick up or at least maintain the speed at the minimal viable speed. Sometimes, I feel there is some sort of an acceleration itself, especially when I press the clutch in 2nd at around 10 kmph and then release it.

This used to happen in my Fiesta(2007 Petrol). When my speed dropped to below 10kmph in 2nd or the 3rd gear, the car would slowly increase the speed automatically to reach 10kmph for the second gear or 20kmph in the third gear. For the 4th gear, it went upto 25kmph.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 18:51   #54
Senior - BHPian

Had my 5000 km service over the past weekend. Uneventful, with just an interior and an exterior cleaning which I could see was done. I asked them to rotate the tyres as well.

They wanted to do wheel alignment and balancing but I declined, as I prefer it to be done at an outside shop. Since the tyres have been rotated, is it mandatory to do wheel alignment? I find the tyres and the steering to be as good as before the service so just wanted to check.

Also, there was an MCP print out handed over to me. The cost was quoted at around 13k which would cover the 5k, 10k and the 20k service. Since my 5k service is already done, would the 10 and the 20k service combined result in a cost higher than 13k? That was one thing I wanted an opinion on.
Old 22nd November 2016, 18:57   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have noticed this behaviour in all my diesel cars. I wanted to check in gear acceleration of my S-Cross from 20-80 in 3 rd gear and car would never stay below 30 KMPH in 3 rd gear . I wonder how guys at Autocar India managed to do it .
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 12:21   #56
Senior - BHPian

I had my car's front left tyre getting punctured last week so got it repaired at a shop which luckily was around 2 kms away. He gave me 2 options: 1 was an 80Rs "temporary" fix while the other was a 400 rupee "permanent" fix.

Hearing the words temporary and permanent, my mind automatically leaned towards the permanent fix which was then done. When I asked the shop guy what is temporary in the temporary fix he said water seepage may happen, otherwise temporary and permanent are similar. Permanent he said some sulphur is added (To be honest, it was water above my head, so did not listen to it completely).

Can experts let me know the difference between the temp and the permanent fixes? And if permanent is really the better choice? I have a feeling the job could have well been done with the 80Rs fix itself, but want to confirm that
Old 14th December 2016, 16:12   #57
BHPian

I think you have been gypped. There is nothing like a temporary or a permanent fix in my opinion. All that they do is make a bigger hole and put in the plug which effectively seals the opening.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 16:26   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I had my car's front left tyre getting punctured last week so got it repaired at a shop which luckily was around 2 kms away. He gave me 2 options: 1 was an 80Rs "temporary" fix while the other was a 400 rupee "permanent" fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I think you have been gypped. There is nothing like a temporary or a permanent fix in my opinion. All that they do is make a bigger hole and put in the plug which effectively seals the opening.
As Palio_2005 has said, there is nothing called a temporary fix.

Also, Rs 400 for a puncture fix of tubeless tyre is on a very high side. I get the puncture done for Rs. 125 - 150
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 16:31   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post

Also, Rs 400 for a puncture fix of tubeless tyre is on a very high side. I get the puncture done for Rs. 125 - 150

Yes, 400 is on a very higher side. I got 2 punctures fixed while doing regular WA & WB at Madhus Enterprises last week and they charged less than 400 (don't remember the exact amount) for fixing 2 punctures.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 16:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Yes, 400 is on a very higher side. I got 2 punctures fixed while doing regular WA & WB at Madhus Enterprises last week and they charged less than 400 (don't remember the exact amount) for fixing 2 punctures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Thanks guys for confirming what I already suspected, no more going to the tyre shop, unless by god's will it happens again at the same location and even then only the temporary fix at eighty rupees

Most Viewed