Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2022, 20:23   #136
BHPian

Re: My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi - The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shourya_lahiri View Post
They have done close to 40k already. With still a lot of life left. Yes the 195's have actually made the experience dull.

I'll update here, my experience once I downgrade my tyres, which will definitely be not before March 2022, as this is one of those times when I am at sea (literally )
True that. It took you a while and a drive on regular tires to realize the miss. Mine has done close to 54k now and I am feeling the steering to be tad too heavy at parking speeds.

Also, there are considerable clunky noises over potholes and broker patches. However, the cabin is absolutely silent on even surfaces. Yet to find the worn-out bits. Any sure shot checkpoints?

March is almost here. Let me know which brand are you going for as and when you change those tires.

Last edited by Gran_Tourer : 11th February 2022 at 20:27.
Old 11th February 2022, 21:12   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Tourer View Post
True that. It took you a while and a drive on regular tires to realize the miss. Mine has done close to 54k now and I am feeling the steering to be tad too heavy at parking speeds.

Also, there are considerable clunky noises over potholes and broker patches. However, the cabin is absolutely silent on even surfaces. Yet to find the worn-out bits. Any sure shot checkpoints?

March is almost here. Let me know which brand are you going for as and when you change those tires.
I can very well relate to that ‘clunky noise’. Spot on! This has made me feel ascertained that I am on the right path.

As for the worn out bits, I can say for sure that tyre wear is uneven, inside edges are more worn, must be because of the camber setting for which the size is an overshoot.
Also I would suggest getting the tie rod inner and outer joints checked for tightness once the wheels are off for tyre change. If you have been cornering very hard, uneven stresses might have been transmitted to joints.
Yeah, march is almost here and I cannot wait to get my hands on the new set. I am aiming for the Goodyear F1 Directional 5.

Regards
Old 17th March 2022, 14:21   #138
BHPian

Great thread praveen, I wanted to know if you got the engine timing belt replaced as well given its well over a lac kilometers now. Somehow i have misplaced the manual. Does it need a change when the car hits 1 lac or before. Do we have an age criteria as well?
Old 7th July 2022, 20:44   #139
BHPian

Quote:
I can very well relate to that ‘clunky noise’. Spot on! This has made me feel ascertained that I am on the right path.

Yeah, march is almost here and I cannot wait to get my hands on the new set. I am aiming for the Goodyear F1 Directional 5.

Regards
Hey,

Did you get the shoes upgraded to Goodyears?

Mine is about to hit 60k kms mark and that is when I plan to change her shoes to UC6. It seems they are pretty good at that price point. Your thoughts?
Old 11th July 2022, 08:03   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

Did you get the shoes upgraded to Goodyears?

Mine is about to hit 60k kms mark and that is when I plan to change her shoes to UC6. It seems they are pretty good at that price point. Your thoughts?
I am so sorry to have missed updating on this.

I have changed the shoes to UC6. I couldn’t hold of the eagle f1 as they were told to be out of production.

Regarding how the tyres are, I can say that they are decent enough for my taste. The most evident improvement is the ride quality. Bumps are absorbed better and that ‘clunk’ sound is gone for good. Recently did a high speed run on the highway, car seems quite stable.

But these are not like my prev yokohama s drives. They were much more fun to drive on. If only I could get them in the same size.
Old 11th July 2022, 21:59   #141
BHPian

Quote:
I am so sorry to have missed updating on this.

But these are not like my prev yokohama s drives. They were much more fun to drive on. If only I could get them in the same size.
What spec did you go in for ? 195/60 or 185/65?

I am contemplating between 185/65 or 185/70 of UC6. Any insights?
Old 11th July 2022, 23:14   #142
BHPian

Quote:
What spec did you go in for ? 195/60 or 185/65?

I am contemplating between 185/65 or 185/70 of UC6. Any insights?
185/65. And I have a reason for going for this size. As your already must be knowing, there are two sizes that the figo is officially permitted. 175/65 R14 and 195/55 R15. Now if you calculate the wheel dia overall for 195/55 R15 and 185/65 R14, you’ll see that they are apart by just 0.5 mm. So basically the car thinks that it has upgraded to 195/55 R 15, which is the manufacturer recommended upgrade.
Plus this size was also the natural and most common upgrade for the last gen figo. This size actually solves all the problems.
The UC6 are good. Just dont expect performance like the s.drives.

Last edited by shourya_lahiri : 11th July 2022 at 23:18. Reason: Missed a point.
shourya_lahiri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 13:17   #143

Hi Praveen,

I have been going through your thread and enjoying the information. I presently own tata tiago 2017 run 74000 km purchased preowned at 65k odo but find some niggles from time to time. Since long, i am inclined for a ford but could not get a decent one. Now i came across a preowned figo.

Is it a good decision to consider 2016 figo run 70k diesel well kept in the present time? what about the service centre experience in vijayawada? and spare parts availability in vijayawada.
orbabu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks