Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2016, 15:24   #1
BHPian

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi - The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!

It is said that familiarity breeds contempt. But that ain't the case with my Figo TDCi. I have completed almost a year and 37,000 KMs of ownership of the Figo so far and I can wholeheartedly say that my growing familiarity with the Figo has only increased my liking for it!!

>>First up, let me jot down the likes and dislikes based on my ownership experience :

Dislikes:
1.Door quality : There is no 'thud' while closing them (which is generally associated with quality, specially the subjective part!). The doors may actually be structurally good which only time will tell. Those rattles (driver side door in my car) don't inspire any confidence either.
2. Rubbery gear-shift/longer clutch: I wish the gearshift was a bit smoother. Clutch throw is a bit long as well. They are both only minor irritants though.
3. Puny wheels/thin tyres: The size of the wheels/tyres is a mismatch to the power on tap. Needed a tyre /wheel upgrade. I have upgraded the tyres for the time being.
4. The below par headlights. My return drive from office coincides with nightfall and the headlights were turning out to be a concern, especially the low beam.
5. It's difficult to engage reverse gear smoothly. Got to wait a few seconds in neutral before going for the reverse gear.
6. Very short first gear. It's almost non-existent. You get this super strong urge to almost put the vehicle into second gear bypassing the first while starting.
7. Not-that-spacious footwell: The footwell's OK as long as I'm driving barefoot or with my formal shoes on. But, it turns into a cramped one if I'm driving with my running shoes on!!
8. Odd location of 12V socket: It's located just in front of the gear knob(Titanium variant). If anything is plugged into the 12V socket, then your hand surely brushes against it while shifting gears (esp.1st and 3rd gears)

**'Dislikes' added by my better half: Bluetooth connectivity isn't that seamless.

1. Torque and loads of it for a B Segment hatch!. It moves forward quite effortlessly right from around 1000-1200RPM even in higher gears making it uber-comfortable both in city and highway conditions.
2. Space: The car is quite spacious. My brother-in-law (a 6 footer) was quite comfortable in the rear seat, with me in the driver's seat.
3. Looks/novelty: I liked its looks, especially the novelty factor it has being a recently introduced model(looks are subjective of course!)
4. As if to counter-balance the very short first gear, the second gear is pretty good actually! One can glide over (even with full load) speed-breakers in second gear and the Figo doesn't even break a sweat!!
5. Handling: Yes, you've read it correctly - it's the car's HANDLING(it was supposed to be the new Figo's shortcoming!!). The car's more than decent handling has kind of grown on me. I've 'spiritedly' tested it in various scenarios - tight corners, narrow chicanes, tricky overtaking manoeuvres etc and the Figo has come out with flying colours almost all the time!! (the tyre upgrade should take some share of the credit for it I guess!)

P.S.: The Figo diesel's performances on racetracks have met with positive reactions from Narain Kartikeyan (in the India's best driver's cars test - Autocar India) and Aditya Patel(in Overdrive's hatchback track test) - an endorsement of sorts for its handling!!
Links :

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...3&type=Feature

http://m.overdrive.in/reviews/afford...-introduction/

**'Likes' added by my better half: The car smells less of plastic. And the car got a thumbs up for the black interiors.

Here is my story:

I was transferred to my current place of work in September, 2015 and the timing of the transfer coincided with our plan to buy a car. My office and my wife's office are in different towns separated by about 50KMs. We decided to reside in the town where my wife's working. This resulted in my daily office commute of more than 100KM.

We started off with a tentative budget of Rs. 8Lakhs. Here's what we had in our minds, broadly speaking, vis-a-vis our to-be-purchased car:

1. It should be a hatchback. We figured out the extra boot space of a sedan would be rarely used by us and 8lakhs on a hatchback would give us better bang for the buck.
2. It should be a diesel car with good fuel economy. It's a no brainer considering my daily office commute!
3. It should not be a dud on the highway.
4. It should have decent leg room. I'm 6ft tall and decent leg room is almost sacrosanct here!
5. Last but not the least, dual airbags and ABS are a must.

*** At the outset, let me make it clear that the views expressed here are my personal views derived out of my personal experience and understanding of things.

>>The contenders: I shortlisted the following 3 cars for serious consideration after ruling out the others in the segment due to various reasons, some of them subjective like looks, image etc.

1. Hyundai i10 Grand Asta CRDi : This car was quite appealing to me initially, more so because it would be well under our tentative budget of 8L. Family members liked it as well. Also, it had the backing of the popular Hyundai after sales service. But my impression changed the moment I took the driver's seat at the showroom. The legroom just did not seem sufficient enough. And the impression nose-dived further due to its mediocre highway-cruising abilities(my personal point of view, of course!)

2.Hyundai i20 Elite Asta CRDi : The car ticked almost all the boxes. Looks chic(shares the best-looking hatch spot along with the Punto in my opinion!), is packed with features and is also a pretty good highway performer. The only thing (an important one!) that held us back was the price. It's ORP was going well over 9lakhs. So, we decided to come back to it if we do not find any other car matching our requirements /tastes.

3. Maruti Swift ZDI: Now, my family is a Maruti-loyal family. Father drives the Celerio AMT and brother has the Swift diesel. So, I knew quite a bit about the Swift diesel. With this car, it was just a matter of the dealer quoting the right price (our expectation 8.3L)and we were on the verge of booking the car. But the dealer was not willing to quote even one rupee lesser than 8.6L.

The above options suggest that we'd displayed herd mentality by sticking with Maruti & Hyundai and that is very true . This is because of our current and probable future residence locations (mix of semi-urban & urban areas, not necessarily urban all the time). And Maruti /Hyundai have a certain edge in semi-urban areas over others (w.r.t. After sales service).

>>The 'Figo - drift'!! :
Out of the blue, my brother came up with a suggestion to check out the then just-launched New Figo diesel. He is our in-house expert on cars. So, disregarding Ford's strictly-city-based-dealership-reach handicap, I test-drove the new Figo diesel(only for a very short distance due to some unavoidable constraints). But, that was enough to get positive vibes about the car.

Things that pushed us towards the Figo TDCi Titanium(vis-a-vis i20 CRDi Asta & Swift ZDI) :
1. Same safety features (dual airbags & ABS) for a much lesser ORP.
2. Powerful engine of 99BHP (i20 - 89BHP, Swift - 74BHP)
3. Better legroom (over Swift, not over i20 though!)
4. And the one thing that made the above three reasons even stronger was Figo TDCi Titanium's ORP of 8.14L.

Once the decision was made to buy the Figo, it didn't take long for the story to move from booking to delivery(''chat mangni pat byah''). I booked the vehicle in the second week of October, 2015 and the vehicle was ready for delivery by the month-end. And we took delivery on Nov 1, 2015(dealer - Sri Sri Sri Ford, Warangal, Telangana).

Variant /Colour :Figo TDCi Titanium /Oxford White

>>A quick word about the dealer : 'Sri Sri Sri Ford', Warangal just about did what they were supposed to do, i.e., they took payment from me and delivered the car. Beyond that, there wasn't anything really to write home about. I actually stay closer to Vijayawada (I have been going to Lakshmi Ford, Vijayawada for servicing). I had to purchase the car in Warangal since it's in Telangana (my home state now, post the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh). Also, the car was about Rs.10,000/-cheaper at Sri Sri Sri Ford over Lakshmi Ford!!

>>Let me now get down to the observations /review part:

>>Number of kms at the time of writing/finalising this review: 37565KM

>> Usage pattern:
I cover about 110KM on it daily during weekdays (my office commute) on decent 25-30ft two-way inter-town roads. Apart from it, we use the Figo for visits to my parents' place (120KM away) and in-laws' place(30KM away) frequently. Occasional highway trips(To Hyderabad, Vizag, Vijayawada etc) are on the 'menu' as well! The monthly average is around 3000KM so far!

>>Exterior styling & design:
If I had to describe how the Figo looks from the outside in two words, then they are - lean and stylish! The hexagonal front grille, swept-back headlamps, longer wheelbase (2491mm) contribute to the lean and stylish looks. Moreover, the car's width(1695mm, bit on the lesser side proportionately speaking, Punto is the only less wider car proportion-wise for the sake of reference) accentuates its lean personality. There is a sore point here though - the puny wheels & thin tyres. They sort of bring down the style quotient of the Figo a bit. And I don't particularly like the design of the alloys either.

>>Overall build quality, fit & finish, paint quality and panel gaps:
Now, the Figo is just about on par with the segment levels here. Sore points are most definitely the doors(& the bootlid) that give a very uninspiring feeling while closing (the Figo says NO WAY when you expect that reassuring thud from its doors!!). Only time will tell if they are structurally good or not. Otherwise, I did not find any issues with the fit & finish, paint quality and panel gaps.

>>Wheels & tyres:
Figo's biggest sore point in my opinion are its puny wheels and thin tyres (175/65/R14). They are a mismatch to what's under the TDCi 's hood (with 99BHP/215NM potential!)
Hence, the first thing we did right after delivery on the same day was to upgrade the tyres to 185/65/R14 Michelin XM2s. Additional amount paid for 4tyres:Rs. 6400/-(Quote for Michelins :Rs. 4800/- per tyre , value for MRF ZV2K stocks:Rs. 3200/- per tyre)

>>Interior design & quality (plastics, upholstery, fit & finish etc.)
Figo has black interiors which is what I like as well. Design-wise the interiors are neither funky nor drab. Plastic quality is quite good for the segment. And the interiors do not give out that smell of plastic, especially when it's new.

>>Interior space & comfort:
The Figo is quite spacious leg-room wise. I am about 6ft tall and I can sit comfortably in the rear seat with the driver's seat set to my comfortable position. But the same can't be said about the space of the rear seat width-wise. Three adults will find it slightly uncomfortable to sit together. Headroom is sufficient in the front seats.

>>Driving position & ergonomics:
Now, I have a few points to make here. Ergonomically, I have found the seat to be quite comfortable. No issues there. But, the overall driving position comfort, in my opinion, depends on multiple factors - the recline angle of the seat, distance from the gear knob, distance from the steering wheel and distance from the pedals. Gear-knob can't be moved, steering wheel (in the Figo) can only be adjusted for height and not reach. Personally, in my driving seat position, I wish the Figo's steering wheel was a little further away from me(I push the seat back quite a bit for my comfortable position where the pedals and gear knob are at comfortable reach, only the steering wheel is a little too closer!!). It's a personal thing and changes from person to person though!

>>Visibility & size of mirrors:
Visibility of the road ahead is good. The only minor irritant sometimes is the A-pillar partially blocking the view during right turns(but that's there on almost all cars, Figo's case is no worse!)
ORVMs are sufficient in size. IRVM is a bit smaller though.

>>Air conditioner cooling & effectiveness:
Figo TDCi Titanium has Automatic AC. I keep air flow in recirculation mode almost all the time. Now, all I do is turn the knob to the desired temperature and the car doesn't take much time to achieve the same. The AC is pretty good!

>>Audio system & sound quality:
Audio system is decent enough for the segment. Now, I am no audioholic and my expectations aren't really high here.

>>Interior storage, practicality & boot space:
The Figo has quite a lot of storage pockets in the cabin(more than I practically need, actually).The ones I use regularly are - the bottle holder behind the hand brake, the shelf below the air con controls (for the cellphone) and the ones on the driver side door (for the hand-wash bottle). One observation here - no storage pocket can hold a 2litre bottle. So, they shouldn't be part of the plan even during family trips! Glovebox is neither large nor small.

>>Engine performance & driveability in the city/highway :
Every car has its strengths and weaknesses. I strongly believe that engine performance is the Figo TDCi' s biggest strength. Its power (99BHP, 215NM torque) w.r.t. acceleration and outright performance is much talked about already. I will try to focus on a slightly different but related aspect though. Its high power-to-weight ratio (~96+BHP/tonne) ensures that the driver is able to maintain cruising speeds (~80kmph on decent single roads & ~100-110 kmph on highways in my case) very comfortably. This, in my opinion, leads to lesser stress levels and a more enjoyable drive!
Driveability in the city is good as we need not downshift very often due to the torquey engine. And the second gear is good enough to sail over most of the speed breakers. Very short first gear is a fly in the ointment here though.

>>Gearshift & clutch :
Gearshift is not smooth (it's a bit rubbery). Clutch throw is long too. Thus, the combination of gearshift and clutch is not the most comfortable (for its segment).

>>Overall NVH levels:
The clatter of the TDCi engine is quite pronounced in lower gears. However, it is reduced considerably once the car hits top gear and we are cruising. The car is not completely rattle free as well (poor insulation /assembly of the doors is to blame here). My car has had a rattle from the front RHS door that was fixed by the service centre later on. Road noise is of acceptable levels(I've upgraded to Michelins on delivery day itself that has smoothened the drive.)

>>Fuel efficiency: City and Highway:
The fuel efficiency summary for my car till the last tankful(method - tankful to tankful, App used - Fillup):
Date Range NOV 2015 — OCT 2016
(12 months)
Fuel Economy (avg) 21.68 KM/L
Fuel Economy (min) 18.44 KM/L
Fuel Economy (max) 24.37 KM/L
Distance Driven 37565 kilometers
(3130 per month)

Most of my drives are on decent inter-town single roads with occasional highway drives thrown into the mix. (Trips through city traffic are there once or twice a month). I would say the Figo TDCi returns excellent fuel economy (Probably because we need not push the engine much for our day-to-day usage pattern. Speeds of around 80kmph can be maintained without any stress on the engine)

>>Suspension & ride quality:
Suspension is compatible (it is neither soft nor too hard)with the engine in my opinion. We can push the car through corners and the suspension wouldn't deter you. Ride quality is decent as well (My upgradation to Michelins has an influence on this opinion though!)

>>Handling, on-road behaviour, grip levels, stability, body roll etc:
The new Figo has received some flak for its so called poor handling (especially vis-a-vis the outgoing model). While the previous generation Figo was known for good handling abilities, the new Figo isn't bad either. Its handling is on par with the segment standards (my car's handling has improved further due to the Michelins & my opinion is based on the post upgrade experience). Body roll is there but not very worrisome.

>>Steering: Figo's EPS is light and easy to manoeuvre. On the flip side, we can't expect much feedback from it.

>>Braking: One word for it - Satisfactory. I've had 3-4 emergency braking scenarios in my experience so far and the car has stopped within safe limits (aided by the ABS of course).

>>Ground clearance: Figo's GC of 174mm is good enough. The tyre upgrade to 185/65/R14 has increased the GC by a further 6mm to 180mm.

>>The Bottom Line!! :
The Figo TDCi Titanium for an ORP of Rs.8.14L is a (highly)value for money car in my opinion, more so if the owner is a city dweller(ease of access to service centers being the factor here). It offers a powerful engine that also returns very good fuel economy, if only one could live with the slightly below par build quality of the doors.

>>Pics: 1&2 - Taking delivery at the Showroom
3 - After the Puja near my parents' place (evening of delivery day, the Figo completed a 150KM drive by this time):
*The flower garland became an evening snack for a goat sometime later
4. At the foot hills of Tirupathi (Tirumala) Hills
5. Slightly cramped footwell (especially for running shoes!)
6. Odd location of the 12V socket (w.r.t. the gear knob)
7. During the monsoons just before washing!!
8. And after a wash at the local garage!(the puny wheels clearly noticeable here!!)
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20151103_142547.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20151103_142528.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20151101_184949.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-sketch1474800361549.png  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20161029_100540.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-sketch1475345797483.png  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20160930_084819.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20161007_100415.jpg  

Last edited by espraveen : 31st October 2016 at 00:18.
espraveen is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 13:54   #2
BHPian

re: My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi - The Mile Cruncher: 79,000 km up!

Moving on, let's get to the ownership experience so far, punctuated by the status reports of the car at periodic service centre visits:

>>First Service update (Lakshmi Ford, Vijayawada):

Date - 28.11.2015,
Odometer - 2900,
Bill - Rs. 1724/-
Fuel Economy Average (Tankful method, Fillup App) - 20.98 KM/L

Remarks : Didn't push the car much during this initial phase as it was in the run-in period. Was also getting used to the car's handling. The bill of Rs.1724/- is because I had to replace the LHS tail lamp set-up that was broken due to a freak incident when the car just about kissed a parked auto-rikshaw while reversing in a very narrow lane.

>>Second Service update (Lakshmi Ford, Vijayawada):

Date - 13.02.2016,
Odometer - 10248KM,
Bill - Rs. 3110/-
Parts replaced - Engine oil, Gasket drain plug & Engine oil filter
Additional services taken: Wheel alignment & balancing (I don't have good enough garages for WA/WB where I stay. Lakshmi Ford, Vijayawada did a pretty decent job)

Remarks: The car crossed the 10,000KM mark in about 100 days. One big observation that I could make at this stage is that it's a comfortable cruiser.I had gotten used to the rubbery gearshift and longer clutch by this time. Another aspect contributing to stress-free drives are the more than decent inter-town roads I have been driving on so far.

>>Intermediate visit to Lakshmi Ford,Vijayawada:
Date: 14.04.2016,
Visit purpose : To get the front RHS door rattling fixed
Odometer: 15,888,
Bill: Rs.0/-
Parts replaced:None,
Remarks: The Service Centre couldn't fix the door rattling issue during the I & II services. They kept telling me that exclusive time is needed for it. Hence this visit. They kept their word this time. They informed that some adjustments were made to the door assembly (couldn't cross check as to what exactly they did!) to fix the issue. The rattling sound has not returned thereafter.

>>Third Service update (Lakshmi Ford, Vijayawada) :

Date - 28.05.2016
Odometer - 20858KM
Bill - Rs.8,689/-
Parts replaced: Mandatory - >Engine oil, Engine oil filter, Gasket drain plug, Air filter
Out-of-choice - > AC filter
Additional services taken: Wheel alignment /balancing & Underbody corrosion protection(Waxoyl)

Remarks : The car crossed the 20,000KM mark pretty much without any complaints. My family also undertook a 1000KM round trip to Tirupathi on the Figo during this period in April (I missed the trip due to work commitments!). The Figo faced the first spirited driving test on the highway (my brother was at the wheel and he knows a thing or two about spirited driving!). And he came out pretty impressed.

Last edited by espraveen : 30th October 2016 at 23:10.
espraveen is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 14:34   #3
BHPian

>>Fourth Service update (Lakshmi Ford, Vijayawada) :

Date: 27.08.2016,
Odometer : 30422KM,
Bill :Rs. 6079/-
Parts replaced : Mandatory - >Engine oil, Fuel filter, Engine oil filter, Gasket drain plug
Out-of-choice - >Air filter
Additional services taken :Wheel alignment /balancing

Remarks :The car sailed past the 30,000KM mark without any hiccups. I worked on one of the disliked aspects during this period - the headlamps. Replaced them with Philips Xtreme Vision Plus H4 60/55W lamps. And the new bulbs have certainly made a positive impact. Low beam is much better. I am able to drive through oncoming traffic on two-way single roads with confidence now. High beam is only marginally better though. The light is a bit on the whiter side as well.

>>Accessory addition:
1.Transcend DrivePro-100 Car Video Recorder:
Date: 29.08.2016
Price: Rs.13,500/-
The itch to get a dashcam for the Figo had been bothering me right since the day of delivery.Hence this purchase. DrivePro100 does a decent job. Got it hardwired at the accessories shop. It gives me peace of mind while driving through our roads which are full of crazy drivers, pedestrians, animals etc,etc.!!

2. Minda Jazz Horns: Replaced the stock horn with these. Cost: Rs. 900/-. Worth it!!

>>Trip to Vizag (Dates-03.09.2016 to 05.09.2016) : Went on a 900KM round trip to Vizag. Got an opportunity to really push the Figo and test it's handling capabilities on the highway. And boy!, the car gobbled up miles with great ease. Bring a blind-folded person directly to the Figo's driver seat(trying to mask the car's identity), remove the blindfold and ask them to drive. For a few moments, they wouldn't believe that it's an 8L hatch!! (exaggeration for effect)
On a serious note, the trip proved once again that the car is a comfortable long distance cruiser (more so for a B-segment hatch). The torque on tap helps you drive comfortably with lesser gear shifts and easier overtaking!!

Pics>>
1. Minda Horns
2. Battery test report during 4th Service
3. Transcend Drivepro100 on the windshield
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20160831_182706.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20160827_153359.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20161012_093549.jpg  

Last edited by espraveen : 30th October 2016 at 23:12.
espraveen is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 18:15   #4
BHPian

First tyre puncture: The Michelins suffered the first puncture in about 33000KMs. The front RHS tyre kept losing air pressure at a fast rate (reduced by 10PSI in 2days). Got it checked and it confirmed what I feared - a nail got stuck into it.

First Anniversary advance gift to the Figo:

Got seat covers and steering wheel cover for the car.
Seat covers brand: Autoform
Price : Rs.9500/-
Steering wheel cover price :Rs. 1200/-

The car would be completing one year on 1st November, 2016.

Pics :
1. The puncture - plugged!
2. Steering wheel cover
3,4,5,6 - Seat covers
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20160924_113947.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20161008_171758.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20161008_171735.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20161012_093755.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20161012_093847.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20161012_093820.jpg  

Last edited by espraveen : 16th October 2016 at 01:40.
espraveen is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 23:21   #5
BHPian

The car crossed the 37000KM mark even before its first anniversary!!! And no major complaints so far apart from a few rattles from the doors (major one has already been fixed, couple of feeble ones to be hopefully rectified in the next service centre visit).

Insurance (IDV of Rs.5.64L, Comprehensive, nil depreciation) renewed with Iffco-Tokio for Rs.21,467/-.

Extended warranty taken for III&IV years at Rs.13,898/-
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20161024_075900.jpg  

Last edited by espraveen : 30th October 2016 at 23:50.
espraveen is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 09:01   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 10:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

A very good report. This is a car that is firmly my top contender when I replace one of my current hatches next year. I have owned fords for the last 13 years and have generally been very happy with the cars and their service. I will definitely be watching this thread regularly.
SPARKled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 18:31   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the report and hope you'll keep updating it. For some reason, I feel your service costs are high, even after discounting the WA/WB charges.

May be, a proper split next time will help us check the proper line items.

Though the car seems to be a slight deviation from the earlier values, I guess Ford still got the ride & handling part correct to a large extent. I always felt that the previous gen Figo could have been mated with this new engine and it would have been a wonderful machine.

We can only hope Ford understands that the customer see it as an enthusiast brand and stick on to it rather than going after the mass market.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 21:46   #9
BHPian

Congratulations for owning one of the fastest hatch this side of Rs 10l/-.

A very nice and detailed ownership review. I am also contemplating for a hatch and Figo has always been the top contender.

It would be great to have regular updates on this thread to get the long term review of the new Figo.

Wishing you many more happy miles!!
Gran_Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 23:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats praveen on a nicely compiled report, and a very happy birthday to your beloved Figo.

Guess you haven't heard this one - "familiarity breeds consent."

- Sam
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 09:45   #11
BHPian

Congrats espraveen, thanks for very detailed Ownership report!!!

I guess you would be the first person to munch n crunch so many miles on a Figo!!!!

Figo twins are great Value for money cars, torque-y n fun to drive in the present scenario!!!

Smart move to have tires upgraded, immediately. I guess this could be the reason for low NVH in your case. My Aspire has horrible tire noise while cruising (Make: Goodyear).

Seat covers are nice and are very much complimenting the interior theme!

Some of your observations are spot on, example the foot-well some how seems inadequate at times.

Ford got it wrong with pricing of twins especially Aspire during launch and it was debacle of sorts, and now no damage control technique seem to put them on track!

Enjoy TDCing!
novicefreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 13:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
A very good report.... I have owned fords for the last 13 years and have generally been very happy with the cars and their service..
Thank you!

Yes, Ford cars per se have been pretty good. There have been some short comings in the service areas, but, of late, they are making efforts for improvement !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thanks for sharing the report and hope you'll keep updating it. For some reason, I feel your service costs are high, even after discounting the WA/WB charges.
May be, a proper split next time will help us check the proper line items.
Thank you!

Yes, my service costs may not give the right estimation (I am getting the WA/WB done at the service centre, like you've observed. Plus, I have decided to get the engine room waxing, @Rs.290/-, done by them & I take the windshield washer pouches@Rs56/-, from them every time. All of these are additional costs.).Moreover, I'm replacing Air filter and AC filter ahead of service schedule.
I'll jot down some regular & mandatory expenses here to give a fair idea about service and parts costs(all in Rs. with schedule in brackets) :
> Service cost (every 10K KM) - 1,111/-
> Engine oil(every 10K KM) - 1,102/-(3.85ltrs, semi synthetic)
> Engine oil filter(10K KM) - 355/-
> Air filter(20K KM) - 201/-
> Fuel filter 30K KM) - 1252/-
> AC filter(40K KM) - 364/-
* prices exclusive of taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Tourer View Post
Congratulations for owning one of the fastest hatch this side of Rs 10l/-..
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Congrats praveen on a nicely compiled report, and a very happy birthday to your beloved Figo. ...... "familiarity breeds consent."....
Thank you!

I think my Figo shares its birthday with your Aspire

And couldn't agree more with you on the ''familiarity breeds consent'' thing vis-a-vis the Figo (I guess it holds true for your Aspire as well!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Congrats espraveen... Smart move to have tires upgraded, immediately. I guess this could be the reason for low NVH in your case. My Aspire has horrible tire noise while cruising (Make: Goodyear).
Thank you!

Yes, the tyre upgrade helped a lot in reducing NVH levels and improving the overall ride quality. In fact, that was the only 'to do' thing on my mind on delivery day!!
espraveen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 00:13   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
... Extended warranty taken for III&IV years at Rs.13,898/-
My efforts to take Extended Warranty have hit a wall

My car finished one year on 31st October, 2016. Here's the sequence of events just before and after that :
1. I called the dealer(Lakshmi Ford, Vijayawada) few days before 31st October and asked for the cost of Extended Warranty. They emailed me the cost (Rs.13898/-). I made the payment (along with the payment for Insurance renewal).
2. My Insurance got renewed and I got the renewed document mailed to me well before 31st October. But there's no confirmation on the Warranty front. I called the dealer on 31st October only to be told that they are working on it.
3. I got a call from the dealer on 1st November telling me that there was a miscommunication from their end earlier and that the actual cost of Extended Warranty is Rs.17900/-.They asked me to pay the additional amount. I told them that I would get back to them in a day or two.
4. The dealer called me again on 2nd November and told me that now there's a discount of 15% and I would have to pay Rs.15215/- for the Warranty. I promptly paid the additional amount of Rs.1317/- as I wanted to get it over with(I thought 15K was reasonable).
5. I got another call from them on 3rd November telling me that the discount does not apply to my car and that I would have to pay the whole 17900/- and not one paise less.
6.I ran out of patience by this stage and shot a mail to Ford customer care informing them about what had happened and requesting them to give me the correct information about the Warranty prices. They replied assuring me of speedy resolution.
7. The dealer called me on 10th November and told me that they've been contacted by Ford regarding my complaint and they are working on the issue.

This is where the story stands as of now. I am planning to contact both Ford (through email) and the dealer over the phone tomorrow and find out how much they want me to ultimately pay for the Extended Warranty!!!!
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 20:20   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
My efforts to take Extended Warranty have hit a wall... This is where the story stands as of now.
Update :
Ford India have resolved the issue. Excerpt from their email to me :
''We wish to inform that we had a detailed discussion with our internal team regarding the concern with us. We wish to inform that the extended warranty for 3rd year and 4th year for Figo Diesel vehicle is Rs.15,215. We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused in this regard.''

The dealer has also informed me that the Warranty certificate would be sent to me soon.
espraveen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 20:40   #15
BHPian

40,000KM mark crossed!!
Am planning to go for the 40K KM service on 26th November (IV Saturday, holiday for me!). The Figo will be taking a break at the parking lot until then
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20161118_094735.jpg  

espraveen is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks