Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2017, 08:31   #61
BHPian

re: My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi - The Mile Cruncher: 79,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Thanks, can I change tracks when playing via bluetooth by using the steering controls?
Yes definitely you can switch tracks using steering mounted controls.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 17:49   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Yes but not with the buttons present in steering, rather it's done with the buttons of central console.
Thanks to Prashanth Murthy for sharing this!

Quote:
I wanted to keep you posted that I am able to receive / reject phone calls using the steering controls in Aspire Titanium, using options D & B (extract from the manual is attached for reference, Type 2). The catch here is that the phone symbol is not displayed in the Titanium variant (hidden feature).
My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-screenshot_20170821232046.png
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 18:53   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Prashanth Murthy for sharing this!
Wow! Got to try this out today for sure. If it indeed works on the Titanium too it makes receiving that odd call much more easier than taking your eyes off the screen to look at the HU and press the phone button! Thanks for sharing this bit of info!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 19:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Wow! Got to try this out today for sure. If it indeed works on the Titanium too it makes receiving that odd call much more easier than taking your eyes off the screen to look at the HU and press the phone button! Thanks for sharing this bit of info!
Buttons on the steering wheel are multi functional.
When you receive a call, left button can answer and right can reject the call. While on call, right will disconnect the call.
You can skip tracks while playing music in either usb, Bluetooth or aux mode using these buttons. When on FM mode, you can use these buttons to change stations.
kptraveller is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 19:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptraveller View Post
When you receive a call, left button can answer and right can reject the call. While on call, right will disconnect the call.
You can skip tracks while playing music in either usb, Bluetooth or aux mode using these buttons. When on FM mode, you can use these buttons to change stations.
Thanks! The part in bold was something I have used and knew it works the way you described. But the phone part where you can receive and reject was not known at all and that is very helpful tip shared in this thread!
Old 24th August 2017, 14:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Just to close the loop on the phone controls from the steering - Successfully received the calls using the left button on the steering mounted controls and disconnected using the right button. So it definitely works and only the phone symbol is missing. This is a good thing and -ve marks to Ford for not calling this out in the manual. This eliminates having to take your eyes off the road to receive a call. Also if you notice on the dashboard where you have the phone symbols, it also contains the steering mounted symbols under them which should ideally mean that the steering mounted control buttons corresponding to the arrow provided below each phone symbol should work as depicted. But it would have been very simple and easy to put the phone symbol on the steering mounted controls as well and save the junta the trouble of becoming Sherlock Holmes to unearth this!
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 23:12   #67
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Looks like my query helped a lot of other people in discovering this hidden feature in the Figo. Thanks to Mr. Prashanth Murthy for guiding us here. Makes me feel even better about my choice of car over the Baleno.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 22:45   #68
BHPian

Puncture update :
The Figo has suffered its second tyre puncture (Odo ~64500KM). Like last time (October last year, Odo ~33000KM), it's the front RHS tyre again (a different tyre from last time, though, thanks to tyre rotation!).
Pics :
1. The culprit
2. The tyre with the metal still in it
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20170826_210840.jpg  

My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20170826_210647.jpg  

espraveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 14:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This happens because of the temperature difference within the cabin and outside.

1. You can lower the windows a bit so the temperature kind of nomalizes; not a feasible idea when it's raining heavily

2. Move the air circulation mode to "refresh" or "external". Since it's raining, there is a very low probability of the blower picking up dust from outside. But do remember to change this back to "recirculate" mode after some time.
I also have the same problem during heavy rains and particularly at night.
tried both the options though. the 1st options helps a little better. but somehow the problem is not solved 100%
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 14:01   #70
BHPian

Puncture woes continued (Odometer ~65000+KM) :

The same front RHS tyre that had a puncture fixed last week suffered 3 small punctures now. All the three punctures were close to the last week's puncture (separated by about a couple of inches each).

I took the car to the place where I go regularly for car washes (they have the WB/WA, tyre repair/sales set up as well, although I've never taken those services there so far). I was advised by them to get a tube fixed inside the tyre as a stop gap arrangement until I go for tyres replacement (it's been on the cards for a while now, probably in a couple of months at around 70,000KM). They said having a tube inside a tyre with multiple punctures is safer than just plugging the punctures. That sounded reasonable to me and I took the plunge.

Of late, I've been toying with a couple of ideas w.r.t tyre change: 1) Go for 15''alloys (Momo Revenge or Neo Transformers) with 195/55/R15 Continentals (the costlier option, favoured by the heart!!)
2)Go for a straightforward tyres replacement {existing 185/65/R14 Michelins(their mileage is same as the Odo!) with new Michelins of the same profile} and get the existing stock alloys/brake calipers /drums painted (black+red combo) (the cheaper option, favoured by the head, of course!)

This multiple-tyre-puncture episode is only going to expedite my decision making process now (the only positive thing here as I've not been able to decide so far)

P.S. : > Both the front tyres have been shifted to the rear (the punctured tubeless-turned-into-tubed-tyre is the rear RHS tyre now!!)
>I didn't try the spare tyre as it is the stock 175/65/R14 MRF (It's not an alloy wheel and I've never used it so far)

Picture : The tube that was fixed inside the punctured tyre(the profile is 175/80/R14, the repair guy said that would be absolutely OK. Moreover, 185/65/R14 tube wasn't available anyway!)
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20170901_191622.jpg  

Last edited by espraveen : 2nd September 2017 at 14:04.
espraveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 20:25   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen
1) Go for 15''alloys (Momo Revenge or Neo Transformers) with 195/55/R15 Continentals (the costlier option, favoured by the heart!!)
By the way, you have 4 year 1L kms warranty. Now changing the RIMs to 15" or up-sizing the tyres to 185 section wont effect warranty terms?

Talking about alloy choice, everyone has different taste and liking but personally, I really like the Figo Sports edition (piano?) black 15" allows. They look really good with lighter shade car colors (silver, white, red and blue).

But then again, up sizing the RIMs or tyre may bring objection from Ford on warranty ground. I haven't really asked any ASC about this, but generally I have seen, most of the manufacturers protest on warranty ground unless any higher variant with similar suspension setup runs fat wheels (like DZire ZDi vs Vdi or Ldi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen
I was advised by them to get a tube fixed inside the tyre as a stop gap arrangement until I go for tyres replacement (it's been on the cards for a while now, probably in a couple of months at around 70,000KM).
70k kms from single set of wheels in Indian roads are awesome. Specially non MRF/JK. You must be getting good road surface all the time.

Usually I have seen with my usage, either tyre gets worn out by 40/45k kms or the rubber become hard, thus effecting performance greatly. Change is done anywhere between 40k to 50k kms mark with all my previous cars. That is nearly 3/4 years of running for me.

Last edited by NaXal : 2nd September 2017 at 20:42.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 00:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, you have 4 year 1L kms warranty. Now changing the RIMs to 15" or up-sizing the tyres to 185 section wont effect warranty terms?
I guess dealers' response to warranty claims is a bit of an uncertain area. Sometimes, they do respond positively even if there's a tyre/alloy upgrade. Better grip levels and handling were something I couldn't compromise on and wait till the warranty expires . Hence the upgrade to 185 section Michelins on the day of delivery itself! I just hope that nothing goes wrong with the parts related to tyres/wheels until warranty expires. There hasn't been any issue so far!!

Quote:
Talking about alloy choice, everyone has different taste and liking but personally, I really like the Figo Sports edition (piano?) black 15" allows. They look really good with lighter shade car colors (silver, white, red and blue).
Yes! The Figo Sports alloys look fabulous!

Quote:
70k kms from single set of wheels in Indian roads are awesome. Specially non MRF/JK. You must be getting good road surface all the time.
Yes! Most of my drives are on inter-town decent roads. That has helped in prolonging the tyres' life
Old 4th September 2017, 17:18   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Yes! The Figo Sports alloys look fabulous!
If you are changing tyres, its a good opportunity to upsize to the Figo Sports edition tyre size. It will improve grip levels much more and you will have better feedback from the steering too. Do consider it. Momo is a good choice while the stock Figo S alloys would also look fab. You can also look at the Aspire S alloys since they are from the erstwhile Fiesta Global model and the older Fiesta S. I have been running the 15 inch set up right from day 1 itself and it has been a good journey so far without any complaints. The Continental tyres are very good in terms of outright dry grip as well as wet grip. You cannot go wrong with them!
Old 4th September 2017, 22:00   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
.... It will improve grip levels much more and you will have better feedback from the steering too...
This is exactly what I am after -> better grip levels!! While the Figo has pretty decent grip levels, I still crave for improvement in this area (more so during corner-carving). Hence, I am leaning towards 195 section tyres, even if I stay on stock 14'' alloys (195/60/R14 Michelins/Continentals in this case!)
Old 4th September 2017, 22:07   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Hence, I am leaning towards 195 section tyres, even if I stay on stock 14'' alloys (195/60/R14 Michelins/Continentals in this case!)
The alloy wheel size I think cannot take more than 185 section tyres. The Figo S alloys are 6J with 195 section while the normal Figo alloys are 5 or 5.5J, not very sure. Forgot what it was when I exchanged them. So better go for 6 or 6.5J alloy wheels (guess aftermarket is 6.5J) and then go for the 195 section. Else the 195 section on 14 inch 5.5J wheels might cause the tyres to bulge out and not provide the requisite grip!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks