Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2017, 01:05   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi - The Mile Cruncher: 79,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Being an Aspire owner, I concur wholeheartedly. My Aspire also smokes under hard accelaration and I can practically see smoke fumes in my mirrors and I have to confess it's embarrasing
I had noticed lot of smoke under hard acceleration during TD of new Figo diesel. But, the smoke was more when the engine had not reached operating temperature. Yes, the smoke was still there even later (but reduced). Also, I have seen many Figo Zoom cars smoke a lot. Not all engines burn the fuel efficiently

Quote:
Someone please find a solution for it
I can think of only one solution. When your right foot is heavy on the throttle, please don't look at the mirrors
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 07:27   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
If it is the tune of the engine that is causing this, was wondering if fixing an open, a bit more free breathing air filter fix the issue?
The SOHC architecture with 8 valves doesn't help breathing across the rpm range. And that's why it smokes a bit more than usual.

A better air filter should help slightly.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 23:16   #48
BHPian

60,000KM Service Update :
Date - 08.07.2017, Location - Lakshmi Ford, Vijayawada

Parts replaced (mandatory) : Engine oil, Engine oil filter, Gasket drain plug, Air filter, Fuel filter

Parts replaced/services taken (out of choice) : Windshield wiper blades, WA/WB

Total cost :Rs.6840/-

The Figo sailed past the 60K KM mark without any real hiccups. The engine seems to be aging quite gracefully so far. I had to replace the windshield wiper blades as the existing(stock) ones were starting to leave a hazy trail after wiping. I wanted to play it safe with the impending monsoons.

No issues with suspension, clutch, gearbox etc. So far so good!!

Michelins are good enough for another 10,000+KMs at least!

P.S.: An issue I've been facing this rainy season (it wasn't there last year!) is the build up of this hazy/misty layer at the bottom of the windshield (outside), irritatingly blocking a clear view of the road. I am still trying to figure out what's causing it!

Last edited by espraveen : 23rd July 2017 at 23:19.
espraveen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 01:14   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
60,000KM Service Update :
...Parts replaced/services taken (out of choice) : Windshield wiper blades, WA/WB

Total cost :Rs.6840/-

...!
That's quite a smooth sailing with the Figo. Could you tell me how much does the normal service costs (without the opted in stuffs)?

Also, how much did your brake pads cost?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 07:27   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

P.S.: An issue I've been facing this rainy season (it wasn't there last year!) is the build up of this hazy/misty layer at the bottom of the windshield (outside), irritatingly blocking a clear view of the road. I am still trying to figure out what's causing it!
Usually happens if the blower is blowing on the windscreen. Turning the AC dial to HOT will solve the problem.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 22:25   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
.. Could you tell me how much does the normal service costs (without the opted in stuffs)?
The normal 60K service cost without the additional opted stuffs would've been ~Rs5,300/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
..Also, how much did your brake pads cost?
The brake pad kit cost is Rs.1615/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Usually happens if the blower is blowing on the windscreen. Turning the AC dial to HOT will solve the problem.
I've tried the above things. The issue is still there!! Could there be any other cause?! The misty layer builds up across the bottom part of the windshield on the outside!
Old 30th July 2017, 22:47   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...P.S.: An issue I've been facing this rainy season (it wasn't there last year!) is the build up of this hazy/misty layer at the bottom of the windshield (outside), irritatingly blocking a clear view of the road. I am still trying to figure out what's causing it!
Quote:
...The issue is still there!! Could there be any other cause?! The misty layer builds up across the bottom part of the windshield on the outside!
This happens because of the temperature difference within the cabin and outside.

1. You can lower the windows a bit so the temperature kind of nomalizes; not a feasible idea when it's raining heavily

2. Move the air circulation mode to "refresh" or "external". Since it's raining, there is a very low probability of the blower picking up dust from outside. But do remember to change this back to "recirculate" mode after some time.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th July 2017 at 22:48.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 21:31   #53
BHPian

Belated headlights update :

I had to replace one of the Philips XVP 55/60W headlights at ~53000KM odo(May-end). In early July, the second headlight went kaput too! (odo ~59000KM). This time, I went for Philips Diamond Vision 55/60W. I've had a pair of Diamond Visions lying in my house for about a year, but was a little reluctant to use them as I thought they wouldn't be comfortable for oncoming traffic. However, I took the plunge this time. Visibility of Diamond Visions seems to be almost at par with XVPs, only difference being the white colour of Diamond Visions!
Old 7th August 2017, 17:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Belated headlights update :
Visibility of Diamond Visions seems to be almost at par with XVPs, only difference being the white colour of Diamond Visions!
White color might be a problem in rains. Please verify that. Yellow lights are best suited for monsoons and foggy conditions. But if the place where you live does not see too much fog and you dont drive a lot during rains at night times, it should be ok.
abhinav.s is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 22:50   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
White color might be a problem in rains...
Yes! That's a real concern. I do a lot of night-driving. So far, the Diamond Visions seem to be alright. Monsoons haven't been furious so far in this part of the world. So the Diamond Visions' rain-worthiness is yet to be put to test!
espraveen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 21:34   #56
BHPian

Noticed and clicked this milestone while waiting at a railway gate yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-img_20170819_203555.jpg  

espraveen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 23:43   #57
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hey there, I booked the Ford Figo TDCI Titanium in Ingot Silver today. The final OTR came out to be Rs. 7.95L. Your ownership review helped me in finalising the deal.

I wanted to confirm if the steering has controls for receiving phone calls as well. The brochure states that it only comes with music control and not telephony ones. But I have heard that in the Trend and Titanium, the forward and reverse buttons are multi-function which act as telephony controls. Is this true? And how does this work? Do they change their function when a call comes? Also, can these buttons be used to skip a track while the phone is connected to the system via Bluetooth?

Regards.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 11:37   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP
I wanted to confirm if the steering has controls for receiving phone calls as well.
I have a Titanium Aspire. The steering control has no option to receive/reject the calls. The feature is available with Titanium Plus variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP
But I have heard that in the Trend and Titanium, the forward and reverse buttons are multi-function which act as telephony controls. Is this true?
Yes but not with the buttons present in steering, rather it's done with the buttons of central console. Refer to the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi -  The Mile Cruncher: 1,16,500 km up!-fordfigoaspireinteriortitaninumplus.jpg  

NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 21:08   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
.... rather it's done with the buttons of central console. Refer to the attached image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Hey there, I booked the Ford Figo TDCI Titanium in Ingot Silver today...

I wanted to confirm if the steering has controls for receiving phone calls as well...
Congratulations on your new Figo!!!

T-BHPian NaXal's illustration above is spot on about phone call options in the Titanium variant. That's how it is in my car as well!
espraveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 01:21   #60
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
I have a Titanium Aspire. The steering control has no option to receive/reject the calls. The feature is available with Titanium Plus variant.

Yes but not with the buttons present in steering, rather it's done with the buttons of central console. Refer to the attached image.
Thanks, can I change tracks when playing via bluetooth by using the steering controls?
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed