Team-BHP - Golden Toyota Land Cruiser Prado vx
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Golden Toyota Land Cruiser Prado vx (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/18113-golden-toyota-land-cruiser-prado-vx.html)

After having the trial drive of the Prado in india(Rajpal toyota,indore ) i was impressed by the vehicles interiors and the powerful engine.
As i got posted in Dubai,i shorlisted Prado Vx 4.0 ltr and a Merc E-280.
I took trial of Merc E-280 and was very impressed with it but when it came to purchasing, Prado was the final choice.
Once we finalised it we got from Al-futtaim in 3 week's time.(They are having waiting of upto 6 weeks for certain colours).
Now after driving it for 10000 km,i am still very much in love with it and really impressed with the reliability.

Engine: Well driving it at 140k is like 60kph.The vehicle is rock solid and never you feel requirement of additional power.
The onboard computer shows a mileage of 14L/100km.
I have observed in 1 full tank(90ltr),it covers around 470km.
The ac is really very powerful and you have separate temperature controls for passenger as well.
However the blower is a little noisy at full speed.
The brakes are excellent and abs,ebd are standard.

Interiors:My vehicle is having beige leather and its really impressive.
The music system is good but i feel a little more woofers and amps would be better.
Rear sitting is excellent .

Maintenance: well till date 12000km+ the only additional cost had been the centre console which i replaced it as had dropped some drinks on it.
But it costed me only Rs 2600.
I was impressed with the cost of spares when i was expecting atleast 6000~8000.
The cost of 1 & 2 nd servicing was only Rs 5600 each.

Overall experience:
pros: The suv is really well built and competes well with beemers and mercs on the highways.
Spares are cheap and quality is good to last.

cons: Music system cannot play mp3.
Lacks bass .

Wish i were as lucky as you .Landcruiser prado has always been one of my dream vehicles.

Hope this beauty continues to fascinate you too.

Hey shippy,

Nice Review..
Do post some pics..
BTW Do u have import the car ?

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

Hey shippy,your prado must be the centre of attraction in indore/bhopal,as u dont get to see such cars there,rite!Btw who is the merc dealer in mp?is it sanghi???

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhirajs
Hey shippy,your prado must be the centre of attraction in indore/bhopal,....

Err..I think the car must be in Dubai!

Dubai has cheaper petrol i believe, and with someone with high running, this prado is better off there than in India. I considered it at a time, but the lack of diesel engine put me off. :( Hence the low sale in India. Think if they get a Diesel in it, it is surely going to pump up sales, as in that segment there isnt any diesel alternative.