Team-BHP - Tata Safari Dicor 3.0L VX 4x4 - Leh'd, 105k kms up & Auf Wiedersehen!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Safari Dicor 3.0L VX 4x4 - Leh'd, 105k kms up & Auf Wiedersehen! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/18313-tata-safari-dicor-3-0l-vx-4x4-lehd-105k-kms-up-auf-wiedersehen-10.html)

Hi All

I am also planning to buy the truck !!!, please let me know what color requires less maintenance and what things I should take care off.

~Bruty

Once got a dent removed by suction and some beating on reverse side of fender. 50rs.
For large number of dents I guess cost will be more.
Hit a tree while reversing recently, when I go to ludhiana will get it removed by suction only.

@bruty : White is the best color if you want less maintenance. If you don't want white get any light color like silver

Hi tsk1979

Thanks for your suggestion, I am thinking about pearl white. Where do you get dent removed using suction in noida.
~Bruty

I got it done in Ludhiana, in Noida guys do "denting without paint damage" by beating the reverse side. Pretty impressive results.
I got it done on my indica from sector 16 after somebody hit the bumper and fender while the car was in Centerstage mall parking lot.

white!!! its equally difficult!! tree sap, grease from road, tar u name it it will catch it and highlighten!!

Good part dust it hides very good and heat is less compared to any other color.

My experience less maintanence are metalic greys and maroons.

Whatever you do don't get black. Everything shows on black, even fingernail marks left by kids.

Pearl White looks good even when moderately dirty - on cannot say the same about Arctic White.

If you choose any shade of white, please also invest in the services of a good car wash person. White needs to be washed at least once a week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 427152)
Whatever you do don't get black. Everything shows on black, even fingernail marks left by kids.

Even though most cars look amazing in Black, I agree with tsk1979. Don't buy Black! I had a black Mahindra Bolero for 4 years - very difficult to maintain even though i used to wash it myself. I recently went in for a Safari Dicor - silver color. Even white should be good...

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 417210)
I'd heard about Nawab, have they finally opened up? Where?

Here are the details...
Nawab Motors (Tata & Fiat service)
#554, Sector 37 Ph.2, Gurgaon
Phone: 9311533333, 0124-3055555

Hi All
Can any one suggest out of Sterling Motors and Nawab motors in Noida, which one is better. I want to buy Safari 4X2.
~Bruty

For new car go to Sterling. Their showrooms guys are nice and helpful and they wash the cars very nicely. Since they are newer you can haggle more.

Actually pearl white is a fantastic colour on the safari. I dont think there will be any problems with dirt or scratches as will be in a dark shade.

Well, its been a while since I posted about the beast and the reason for that is - I've been guilty of just driving it on & on - no peering under the bonnet, no running to the workshop about funny noises, nothing apart from "FILL IT, SHUT IT, FORGET IT!"; oh, and attending to a couple of punctures.

The USP of this beast is - if you've been lucky to get over the initial niggles, it just keeps going thereafter, doesn't complain at all apart from belching out smoke occasionally which is a sign that you need to get the air cleaner element & the catalytic converter checked out.

A service is due at 15,000 kms but I pushed it to almost 16,000 - I relented when I checked out the manual & realized there is a fair bit of activiity involved at this mark, some of which is done only at 15,000 kms intervals. So, shook myself out of my lethargy, spoke to my usual advisor & the Senior Works Manager & drove to the workshop on Saturday morning.

Got a sms at 4 pm saying the vehicle was ready; went there, had a long chat with my friend the Sr Works Manager (got updates on Testdrive's issues as well, Preet is it fixed?), went for a long post-service test drive on the highway and then drove home. Cost of this service was - NIL, some of the work done -

Front left fog lamp was accumulating moisture - replaced under warranty
Front brake pads were showing uneven wear & tear - both sides replaced under warranty
Wheel rotation was done
Irritating noise had surfaced on the dashboard - noise was killed
Occasional smoke problem - catalytic convertor cleaned, air cleaner element was anyway to be cleaned as part of the service.

The beast came back spick & span and with the engine revving a little more freely post the "cleaning" and sounding a little happier than before. Just to keep the tradition of the "inexplicable" going, the "door open" warning on the instrument cluster came on & the rear left door red warning light also came on during the drive home though the door was securely shut! Coaxing, cajoling, switching on & off, opening & closing - nothing worked. I thought it was probably some moisture on some sensor (post the washing) & just let it be (though the red warning light on that door stayed on). Came down the next morning and peered in - lo & behold, the light had gone out & all was well:) .

So, that's that and till the next time around, cheers guys and have a good day! As I said - another 5k kms of "keep going"!

Hey suman, Nice to see there are no major problems and being friend's with the service advisor helps ;-)
What exaclty was the noise from the dash and what caused it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 511378)
Hey suman, Nice to see there are no major problems and being friend's with the service advisor helps ;-)
What exaclty was the noise from the dash and what caused it?

Thanks buddy, no idea what had caused it, it was an irritating "chrrrrrrr" kind of a noise, didn't ask him how he diagnosed & fixed it. I'd tried gentle pressure, thumping & banging but it hadn't worked:p.

The Sr Works Manager told me that they were getting quite a few of the "Check Engine" light issue and a few of the oil leak variety (the latter being diagnosed in one case as a chamber design problem) - we both touched wood that mine had not developed problems in those areas....YET (lol: )