Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2007, 20:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Don't flame me, just kidding!!
Nobody's gonna flame you. None of the chaps here have claimed that this vehicle is god's gift to mankind. At the same time I'm sure none of them will tell you what you're missing out on either

Suman, since you live in Delhi just let us know if you've driven over this kidding joe by mistake....
Old 26th January 2007, 21:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Suman, since you live in Delhi just let us know if you've driven over this kidding joe by mistake....
No but I did drive Suman's beast last time around & it was fun!! Very weird feeling for someone who's driven Hatches & Sedans all his life. Feels like you're sitting on the second floor!!
Old 26th January 2007, 22:06   #63
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys for the suggestions.. I am leaving the vehicle again on Monday.. I will keep you guys updated if the problems are solved..

Godfather
Old 26th January 2007, 22:11   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
DF, if its a clutch related issue, any idea why it happens only in a full wheel lock situation?
No,ALSO when the clutch is being released.assuming you are talking that you are trying to move the vehicle when you get the 'Clang" 'thud' etc!!

Remember when you have the steering under full lock and release the clutch,the power steering robs a fair amount(upto 20% in some car's)of power,hence your clutch get's burdened,hence the occurrence,

Now,one more thing is,if your clutch feel's V.heavy and also there is a huge/noticable judder in your pedal,that mean's your clutch releaser bearing is dry,

you have to remove/re-fit the WHOLE gearbox!!!yes,just to grease the damn thing!
Old 27th January 2007, 16:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
No but I did drive Suman's beast last time around & it was fun!! Very weird feeling for someone who's driven Hatches & Sedans all his life. Feels like you're sitting on the second floor!!
Well, the b****r did tell me after driving it that he'd radically altered his opinion...IIRC, "I'm impressed" is what he said. So I didn't run his OHC over ....

DF, in my case, it wasn't the clutch, it was a steering related issue, happened when I was turning full lock, even if it was not at clutch release point....and its gone now. Cheers

Last edited by suman : 27th January 2007 at 16:11.
Old 28th January 2007, 15:31   #66
BHPian

Quote:
the second row seat (the 30 portion of the 70-30) does rattle when not occupied - there is some play there which will not be fixed.
Try putting in some packing material to get rid of the play.. Also check that the jack is secure in its well under the seat.. I had a similar rattle for a few weeks till I found it was the jack..

Quote:
The cam sensor for some reason plays up, detects an "out of alignment" situation & does not pass current to the ECU, engine cranks but doesn't start....any of you had this issue?
I had this on my Siena, not the Dicor.. sensor needed to be replaced..

On the max speed: My Dicor had touched 140 (indicated) too.. However, as Steer mentions, the RPM is electronically limited in 5th gear so you cant go any faster..
A word of caution though : I dont think the brakes are quite capable of handling very high speed stops.. I had experienced brake fade sometimes..

Last edited by nitinbhag : 28th January 2007 at 15:35.
Old 28th January 2007, 18:21   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nitin, nice to hear from you....been a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag View Post
A word of caution though : I dont think the brakes are quite capable of handling very high speed stops.. I had experienced brake fade sometimes..
Ya, I know they're not sedan quality but they've behaved pretty well so far....the ABS helps & this was one of those reasonably "empty as far as eye can see" kind of road
Old 28th January 2007, 19:02   #68
Senior - BHPian

bit OT!

how many of you have ABS in your Dicor and how good is it?
Old 29th January 2007, 10:16   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
not yet driven the vehicle over 60km/ph so still have not figured how it behaves at high speeds...will start after the first service is done...
Why? You can take it to the 2000 rpm limit in each gear for the first 1000 - 1500 km as per the manual. I've started upshifting at 2250 rpm after 1000 km (done 1200 so far).
Old 30th January 2007, 10:50   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
bit OT!

how many of you have ABS in your Dicor and how good is it?
I do....when you ask how good is it, you mean does it work? Yes it does......keeps it in a dead straight line during emergency braking situations, wheels do not lock up - have had a couple of instances at least in recent times
Old 30th January 2007, 11:01   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I do....when you ask how good is it, you mean does it work? Yes it does......keeps it in a dead straight line during emergency braking situations, wheels do not lock up - have had a couple of instances at least in recent times

OT.

Does ABS help in keeping the car in straight line? How does it work? Pleae throw some light.
Old 30th January 2007, 11:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
OT.

Does ABS help in keeping the car in straight line? How does it work? Pleae throw some light.
OT: In a nutshell, by preventing wheel lock ups & skidding during emergency braking situations, ABS & EBD help the vehicle to maintain straight line trajectory
Old 12th February 2007, 21:47   #73
BHPian

I have some questions for DICOR VX owners since the dealerships don't have a VX to play with.

1) How is the DVD player? Has any one tried playing international DVDs or DVD+-Rs?

2) Is this DVD player a true Rear Entertainment System that the folks in the front can listen to something else when kids in the rear seat are watching a movie?

A general Safari question:

3) Has anyone used the suicide jump seats for long periods? I know its only for kids, but how's the ride comfort?

Thanks.
Old 13th February 2007, 12:08   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
1) How is the DVD player? Has any one tried playing international DVDs or DVD+-Rs?
Well, I've played a few & they do work but I think it is compatible with some Regions only, not all. Haven't tried any DVD+-Rs yet.

Quote:
2) Is this DVD player a true Rear Entertainment System that the folks in the front can listen to something else when kids in the rear seat are watching a movie?
Nope, if the movie is on than that's what you'll hear as well

Quote:
3) Has anyone used the suicide jump seats for long periods? I know its only for kids, but how's the ride comfort?
OK for short people but I don't think they'd be great for anyone over long distances........under-thigh support wouldn't be anything to write home about
Old 14th February 2007, 03:36   #75
BHPian

Suman,

Thanks for the info man.

Quote:
Nope, if the movie is on than that's what you'll hear as well
Must be tough putting up with hours of looney tunes/ sesame street etc! TATA are you listening? Give us a true RES, its not that expensive.

Most Viewed