Team-BHP - Tata Safari Dicor 3.0L VX 4x4 - Leh'd, 105k kms up & Auf Wiedersehen!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Safari Dicor 3.0L VX 4x4 - Leh'd, 105k kms up & Auf Wiedersehen! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/18313-tata-safari-dicor-3-0l-vx-4x4-lehd-105k-kms-up-auf-wiedersehen-6.html)

STEER i still feel that apart from Landcruiser no other SUV has stood its time as long as Safari has done.
Safari is and will be a darling of an SUV for any new kid on the block.
others settle for more who have no passion for excitement.

So what's been happening? Nothing much really -

1) Small chip on the front windscreen courtesy stone flying from tyres of the car in front on MG Road a while ago. Luckily it was a small chip so took it to Windshield Experts who injected some dye & fixed it:)
2) Oh yeah, car shampooed a couple of weeks back, looked REAL good thereafter......back to a muddy avtar this morning after the rains!
3) Irritating "trrrr" noise from front right side between 2.5 & 3 k RPM, primarily in 2nd & 3rd gear, sudden acceleration. Irritating bit is that it doesn't happen continuously but keeps popping up every now & then. Its not electrical or mechanical, it must be some loose wire or clamp or something....to be tackled at next service; members who'd sent me suggestions - did try them out but it hasn't gone!
4) Air cleaner element cleaned out again today - the indicator was showing RED so we'd thought it would need replacement. But cleaned out today so lets see if the mileage improves (just shows the bu****s had not cleaned it properly during the 5k service!)
5) Full engine & other components check carried out after hooking up the laptop - all readings within parameters. All underbody nuts & bolts tightened up in preparation of trip to Kasauli this weekend

Himachal, here we come..............:Cheering:

Hi Suman,

I found the middle seat of the middle row (one which houses the cupholder) to be a little too hard to be comfortable. What is your opinion/observation?

And, Good luck for your Himachal trip. Have fun and drive safe.

Cheers,
Su-47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Su-47 (Post 382155)
I found the middle seat of the middle row (one which houses the cupholder) to be a little too hard to be comfortable. What is your opinion/observation?

To be honest with you, haven't ridden in it, its mostly used by my son who has a knack of sitting in the middle & he hasn't complained......but you could be right, I'll check it out for you

Quote:

Hey, thanks man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 382173)
its mostly used by my son who has a knack of sitting in the middle & he hasn't complained......

Be warned comrade...He will soon complain.....About your Sofa's/bed not being as comfortable ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert fox (Post 382208)
He will soon complain.....About your Sofa's/bed not being as comfortable ;-)

You said it! Am expecting it anyday now:) .....as it is, he climbs on in the mornings, belts up (nowadays I insist he sit on the side & put the seat belt on what with more & more flyovers becoming operational on the expressway & speeds going up & up), half turns over & goes off to sleep! My daughter has to literally shake him awake once we reach their school!

Quote:

Hi Suman,

Cheers,
Su-47

Infact i found the seat to be a little on the softer side. Any softer and you will just sink in, you may enjoy it at that very moment but its a pain during long drives.

P.S. The middle seats are the most comfortable that i have ever sat on in a car, a comfortable sofa would be more like it.

Well good luck on the trip Suman, have fun!

Quote:

Hi Suman,

Cheers,
Su-47

you are absolutely right.. its really painful on long rides with 5 people on board. attribute it to the arm rest with a hard bottom

I had made a new post about this in the morning but somehow it did not get posted (copyright issues?). So I am posting it here again so that I can get my doubts cleared! My VX has arrived with the dealership but I am having some health issues and need to get an operation done to sort out issues with my nostril. So I have informed the dealership that I will be taking delivery by the end of the month. I am killing/passing my time by trolling in on the forums and at the same time gathering as much information as I can about my new passion. Today in the morning I was scanning mouthshut and came across a new review of the EX 4x2 and the poster had this in his review:

'............ Now here r some points u shud remeber before u buy this beast .................

1.Do not go for VX as ABS in safari is making a hell of
problems...actually its bit risky when u go at higher speeds..had words
with a lot of vx customers and all had this problem...its bit slow in
responding and some had faced accidents becoz of this. '

So I need some information from the VX owners (Suman, Steer, etc.). Even though my mind is set on the VX and i WILL BUY IT no matter what. I need to be realistic here so that I can be careful about the ABS. Should I be worried?

Guys please clear my doubts and set aside the controversy!

Actually I have heard the same from a lot of Safari VX owners. Have driven their cars and found nothing wrong. Then I realised that every single guy who complained about the ABS had the habit of pumping the brakes. I guess all of you know what happens when you pump ABS equipped brakes. I had to tell all those guys to learn to brake without pumping.

I agree with Jyobeb about the reason, I haven't had ANY such issues. In fact, just back from a 800 km trip with speeds touching 120-140 on the highway most of the time, had a couple of hard braking situations but no sweat whatsoever........if people are pumping ABS brakes, they're asking for trouble!

hi suman,is it worth going for the vx dicor only for the added safety of abs?also is the abs on the dicor as good as what you get on sedans?
pls do let me know.
hi steeroid,i understand you drive a non-abs dicor and also throw the vehicle out a bit.have you ever felt that you are missing out on good braking action?
will be grateful if you could guide me on this.
thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorkats (Post 391030)
hi suman,is it worth going for the vx dicor only for the added safety of abs?also is the abs on the dicor as good as what you get on sedans?
pls do let me know.

ABS & Airbags as well.......I thought it was worth having both these safety features.

When you compare with sedans, remember this is a 3 tonne beast, would always require more stopping distance than a sedan. Also, individual vehicle basic braking characteristics differ from manufacturer to manufacturer.

One of my test drives was on a EX so I can compare to that and say that braking on the VX is definitely superior.....and more disciplined.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashok.harish (Post 319773)
But dear they do have other beautiful colors like that beautiful Arctic blue and 'Pearl white'.

I saw a sparkling new 'Pearl White' Dicor on the road here at Naraina, Delhi and it looked amazing, the first time I saw a Safari in that color and it looked so Big and Beautiful, just amazing.

The first time I saw the 'Pearl White' colour on the website, I liked it. Saw it in the flesh and liked it even more. Chose this colour ultimately - it really is beautiful, clean or dirty!