Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2007, 13:21   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I was looking at Bardahl additive can. It said for diesel engines done less than 50,000kms.
Therefore I chose STP because my indica is way beyond 50K.
There are different products from Bardahl. This one is called Special Duty - Engine treatment and Power Booster. Useable on old and newer engines.

The one you mentioned is called "Oil Treatment", for older engines.
HOEC BARDAHL INDIA LTD.
Old 19th April 2007, 14:27   #107
BHPian

Hi Suman,

That was a great 6month&11500km review. I own a Dicor (Feb 2007) model, done about 2500km.

I've had the following problems so far:
(a) Engine Oil started dripping within a week. Even after tightening all the nuts, there is still a minor leak.
(b) Excessive smoke on acceleration (even around 1500 rpm). Nothing was done by the service station to fix it. They say it is normal as on acceleration the engine is not able to burn the fuel properly. Strangely, I dont have this problem in my Bolero.
Suman - Was tata able to fix the smoke problem in your vehicle?
(c) Tata service (Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon) sucks! Having owned both Mahindra and Tata now, I would say Mahindra is 10 times better. The only saving grace is Nawab has opened a new service station in Gurgaon. Lets hope they are any better!

I would love to exchange more note with you offline if possible.

Take care,
Preet
Gurgaon : 9873007138
Old 19th April 2007, 16:12   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
Suman - Was tata able to fix the smoke problem in your vehicle?
Hey Preet, welcome to the club! Well, mine wasn't a heavy smoking issue, I used to notice it at times at night when I looked in the side mirrors during heavy acceleration - the lights of the vehicles behind me would show the smoke. There was nothing apparent if I was standing still & revving till 3k rpm. Post the service, I haven't really noticed it but not sure if its gone completely. What I plan to do is to drop in at the workshop over a weekend and have them hook up the diagnostics laptop - that should tell the story.....

Quote:
(c) Tata service (Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon) sucks! The only saving grace is Nawab has opened a new service station in Gurgaon. Lets hope they are any better!
I had an issue with Dhingras initially (read my earlier posts) but after raising hell & e-mailing Tata customer support, things have changed & my work gets done with 90% satisfaction levels I'd say. I'd heard about Nawab, have they finally opened up? Where?

In any case, let me know if you need any help at the Dhingra workshop, the Senior Works Manager is a very decent (and fairly knowledgeable) guy, so is the Customer Service Manager. The frauds are the GM (Works) - an out & out fraud & the Works Manager - energetic guy but tries to pull the wool over your eyes given half a chance!

I'm not sure why they can't fix the leak and as far as the smoke at 1500 rpm is concerned, no way that should happen (mine was happening beyond 2.5-3k); you need to ask them to hook up the laptop to check if all parameters are OK. Sounds like a EGR modulator problem. Where are you filling Diesel from?

Last edited by suman : 19th April 2007 at 16:16.
Old 19th April 2007, 16:57   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Well, mine wasn't a heavy smoking issue, I used to notice it at times at night when I looked in the side mirrors during heavy acceleration - the lights of the vehicles behind me would show the smoke. There was nothing apparent if I was standing still & revving till 3k rpm.
Testdrive - I have also noticed the same thing (at night / in the side mirrors / with lights from behind). But mine happens even at 1500 rpm. I probably need to get the diagnostics done.

Quote:
I'd heard about Nawab, have they finally opened up? Where?
Testdrive - I dont have the full address, but its somewhere near PaceCity. Saw their add in Gurgaon Times few days ago.

Quote:
Sounds like a EGR modulator problem. Where are you filling Diesel from?
Testdrive - I usually get diesel from the HP petrol pump on MG road (opp Plaza Mall). I've tried a different pump (BP), but didnt find any difference.

Take Care...
Old 19th April 2007, 19:33   #110
Senior - BHPian

Somebody was asking about the clutch, my safari's clutch feels extremely light, haven't had any issues with it so far, in fact it felt lighter than my CRDi's clutch (but im thinking that the crdi clutch being 85000kms old had something to do with it). Either ways will have to drive an older vehicle to see if there's any difference.

Drifter
Old 20th April 2007, 13:57   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Testdrive - I usually get diesel from the HP petrol pump on MG road (opp Plaza Mall). I've tried a different pump (BP), but didnt find any difference.
Well, get the diagnostics done & then we'll know for sure. On a different note, I've heard that HP pump is one of the bad ones (hearsay, haven't used them myself). The Indianoil one on your left as you cross the border from delhi (just before the red light) is a very reliable one..........Good luck!
Old 20th April 2007, 14:11   #112
BHPian

Hi Suman

can you please publish the email id and contact details of Tata customer support? I want to keep it handy always, who know one may need it in future !!!!.
Cheers
Bruty
Old 24th April 2007, 15:22   #113
BHPian

hi suman!
nice write up.its always heart warming to read a good safari review.
i'm hoping to join you guys soon.i'm edgy... but i like the damn truck!
Old 24th April 2007, 16:24   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
hi suman!
nice write up.its always heart warming to read a good safari review.
i'm hoping to join you guys soon.i'm edgy... but i like the damn truck!
Thanks Doc, don't be edgy, take the plunge! Even when I booked, the 2.2 was "just round the corner", still hasn't materialized and the existing 3.0 is a far better vehicle than what it was a year & a half ago. So don't wait any longer, you're missing out on the experience
Old 24th April 2007, 17:09   #115
BHPian

thanks a bunch suman!
u guys have always been re-assuring.
my new office will be ready God willing in 3 months.
after that or a little earlier i'll get her home....the safari that is.
OT:i want to go for a pearl white ex with grey claddings.the contrast looks better than an all out pearl white.
need safari club members advice on that too.
Old 26th April 2007, 09:27   #116
BANNED

Quote:
OT:i want to go for a pearl white ex with grey claddings.the contrast looks better than an all out pearl white.
Go for it, doctorkats.
The Pearl White EX looks very nice with the grey body cladding. I'd say it is the only shade in which the Safari looks good with the grey cladding.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:02   #117
Senior - BHPian

Yeah the peal white with grey cladding and the company alloys is quite a stunner. Also the same combination in red minus the alloys looks quite pleasing as well.

Drifter
Old 26th April 2007, 11:05   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would agree on that......go for it!!
Old 27th April 2007, 04:53   #119
BHPian

thanks dicor,drifter,suman.
once i have the keys to the white devil,i look forward to taking every member of the safari club here for a unlimited round of drinks!
seriously.
Old 27th April 2007, 19:57   #120
Senior - BHPian

Haha too bad i stay in mumbai and dont drink anymore. But would be nice to meet fellow safari owners.

Drifter

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks