Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2018, 09:52   #76
BHPian

re: Marathon Mile Muncher: Ford Aspire TDCi, now @ 120,000 km

Update: Replaced clutch assembly.

Clutch was a bit hard, so finally decided to get it overhauled even though the advisors at FASS were of the opinion that I can get it overhauled at a later stage. But since it was somewhat uneasy in bumper to bumper traffic, I went ahead with the replacement. Following parts were replaced:

• Clutch plate
• Pressure plate
• Release bearing
• Clutch/ brake fluid

During replacement it was found that only the pressure plate was worn out and the clutch plate was fine but since Ford supplies both the plates as a combo, replaced both of them along with the release bearing. As is the norm, fresh clutch fluid was replenished.

Glad that the clutch lasted these many kms even though the car was driven by various drivers.
Time took to complete the job: 2 hours 30 minutes.
Cost of parts: 5,000/-
Labour: 2,500/-

As expected, clutch has been very soft and is a joy to use

Total amount paid: 7,500/-(for clutch overhaul)
Total amount paid: 35,400/-(till date)

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 10th December 2018 at 09:54.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 23:36   #77
BHPian

80,000 kms service update:

The above mentioned service was carried out on 8th April when the odometer was at 79,800 kms. It took a year to complete the last 10k kms. The following parts were replaced during this service.

• Engine oil
• Oil filter
• Air filter
• A.C/ Cabin filter
• Sump plug gasket

Wheel alignment was also carried out during this service because there was a slight pull towards the left.

The past one year was quite eventful and there were quite a lot of non-scheduled replacements. Front shocks and radiator fan(goodwill warranty) were replaced along with all the four tyres. A month later engine mounting and gearbox mountings were replaced under partial warranty. And in next month decided to get the clutch assembly replaced as the clutch was bit hard to operate. Although the clutch is softer as compared to the previous set, but it is not as soft as one would expect from a new clutch. So all in all the car kept me busy and my pocket lighter during the last year.

The total cost of service till 70k was approx 22,000/- whereas the cost for the last 10k kms alone was nearly 13,500/-. Apart from the above mentioned replacements the car has been performing brilliantly and hopefully there won't be any more non-scheduled replacements in the near future.

For the records, fuel efficiency is approx 17-18 kmpl with A.C.(90%) in the city and 21-22 kmpl on the highway with A.C on all the time.

Total amount paid: 2,900/-(for this service)
Total amount paid: 38,300/- (till date)

Last edited by aah78 : 19th May 2020 at 02:14. Reason: Post edited on request.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 23:11   #78
BHPian

Just a month ago I went with a major servicing of a Santro Xing belonging to my extended family. I went to a 3rd party multi brand workshop so I had the liberty to select between OEM or Genuine Hyundai packages.

Even when compared to OEM for that Santro, prices of Ford Aspire genuine spares listed here are dead cheap. Too bad this car didn't grab much sales number since maintenance is definitely cheaper than its main competition, Maruti Suzuki DZire
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 14:31   #79
BHPian

Dear auto_enthusiast,

I got Ford Figo Aspire Titanium (Diesel) based on this Long Term Ownership thread (your thread was one of the main contributors for finalizing my 3 months brainstorming).

I have not been let down by the above decision, Thanks a lot for this detailed thread on Diesel Aspire.

Marathon Mile Muncher: Ford Aspire TDCi, now @ 120,000 km-mileage.jpg

Last edited by BlackPearl : 24th January 2020 at 23:17. Reason: Edited large image. Thanks
Thyag is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 19:25   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyag View Post
Dear auto_enthusiast,

I got Ford Figo Aspire Titanium (Diesel) based on this Long Term Ownership thread (your thread was one of the main contributors for finalizing my 3 months brainstorming).

I have not been let down by the above decision, Thanks a lot for this detailed thread on Diesel Aspire.

Congratulations Thyag for purchasing one of the best compact sedan.

Glad that this thread was helpful in making your purchase decision.

So now can we expect an ownership review from you so that other members can also benefit from it.

Enjoy your ride
auto_enthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 23:11   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Congratulations Thyag for purchasing one of the best compact sedan.

Glad that this thread was helpful in making your purchase decision.

So now can we expect an ownership review from you so that other members can also benefit from it.

Enjoy your ride
I am working on the ownership review, soon it will be posted in long term ownership section.

Always Happy to share information with fellow members, Sharing is Caring :thumbs
Thyag is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 17:39   #82
BHPian

Finally!!!

Got rid of the yellow number plates

Transferred from Taxi registration to Private registration last month. Since the car was no longer used for commercial purposes, wanted to transfer it long time ago but because of the three-year-lock-in period, could not do so earlier. I must say that some of the rules and regulations of RTO are plain hopeless. What's with this rule that once you register a car as a 'Taxi' you cannot transfer it to private registration unless you complete three years. But happy that finally the car is now registered as a private vehicle.

Now coming to the car.

As usual, the car has been performing flawlessly and this was one of the reasons not to sell it. At one point I was even thinking of selling it because of the long delay in getting it registered to a private vehicle but since there was no issues with it, decided not to sell and continue with the yellow number plates for few more months. Glad that I held on to it

Odo currently stands at 85k kms. Concluded a 900 kms trip to Surat-Pune-Surat last week. Car was consistently driven at 100+ kmph speed, wherever roads permitted and the performance was brilliant. Fuel efficiency for the trip was 22 kmpl.

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 24th January 2020 at 17:41.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 22:34   #83
BHPian

90,000 kms service update:

It took more than 18 months to complete the last 10k kms, more so because of the lockdown. At the time of service the odo stood at 90,400 kms. Below mentioned parts were replaced during this service.

• Engine oil
• Oil filter
• Air filter
• Diesel filter
• Bushes of 1 Injector and it's 'O' ring seal
• Sump plug gasket

Two days prior to the service, heard a feeble noise from the engine bay and upon inspection by the SA, the bushes of 1 Injector and it's 'O' ring seal had gone kaput and diesel was leaking from there. Cost of replacement, including labour was approx 700. Apart from this unscheduled repair, only routine maintenance was carried out during this service. Rest everything is holding up tight and the car has been performing brilliantly

Total cost was 5,000 but due to ongoing discount of 20% on parts and labour, the total bill came to 4,000 only.

Total amount paid: 4,000/-(for this service)
Total amount paid: 42,300/- (till date)
auto_enthusiast is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 13:23   #84
BHPian

1,00,000 kms service update:

This service was carried out on 07.04.21 when the Odo was at 99k kms. We were embarking on a 2300 kms trip to Rajasthan, that's why carried out the service a tad earlier. This was my second trip to Rajasthan in Aspire in less than 20 days. Because of the pandemic and the risks associated with public transport, all my trips to Mumbai and other places were covered by car and as a result the last 12k kms were covered in a little more than 5 months.

Below mentioned parts were replaced/serviced this time.

• Engine oil
• Oil filter
• Air filter
• Sump plug gasket
• Battery
• A.C. servicing

A.C was not cooling properly and therefore got the A.C serviced for the first time since buying the car. Now it's back to chilling the cabin in no time. Cost 1800/-

Checked the battery health and it showed signs of being weak. Replaced it cause I did not want to take chances on such a long road trip. Cost of new battery was 4000/- and buyback of old battery was 500/- but since summer camp was going on, got a buyback of 1300/-. So the net price of the new battery with 1 year warranty was 2700/- only.

This time went for Mobil 5W-30 X1 FE 3000 series engine oil which meets the specifications and is approved by Ford India. Purchased it from the distributor and got a good deal. MRP 2500/-. Distributor selling price 1800/-

The car feels tight as ever and was a hoot to drive on our national highway, especially on the roads in Rajasthan. FE for the whole trip was 21-22 kmpl with speedo between 110-120 kmph most of the time.

Total amount paid: 7,700/-(for this service)
Total amount paid: 50,000/- (till date)

Now a customary pic of the odometer
Attached Thumbnails
Marathon Mile Muncher: Ford Aspire TDCi, now @ 120,000 km-screenshot_20210413130730_gallery.jpg  

auto_enthusiast is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 13:44   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1,00,000 kms service update:
Congratulations on the milestone of 1 lakh km.

With a maintenance cost of just 0.5 rupees per km, I am sure no other manufacturer is cheaper than the ford to maintain.

There is no justice in a 1 lakh km update without the pics of the car. Do post pics.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 00:11   #86
BHPian

Minor accident update.

I was travelling with my family from Mumbai to Surat and the car met with a minor accident.

I was in second lane on the highway doing <100 kmph and decided to overtake a truck, by moving to the right lane. No sooner had I moved to the right most lane, I see that there were stones kept in middle of the lane, like the ones kept when there is a breakdown of a truck. Those idiots who must have repaired their vehicle did not even bother to pickup the stones and let it be there as it is. I did not have the time to even blink or brake and the stones hit underbelly of the car really hard. Luckily I did not swerve left or right and kept the steering straight.

Upon inspection found out that coolant was dripping at a very very slow pace, A.C. had stopped working and the bumper had also cracked but the car was driveable. No damage on the oil sump or gearbox. My home was 10 kms away and there was no other visible damage, so slowly drove the car back home but checked the coolant level twice during the remaining journey.

Next day when we checked underbelly of the car at ASS, the following items were damaged and replaced under insurance:
• Radiator
• Fan motor
• Condenser + gas
• Front bumper
• Cross Member
• Silencer pipe
• Coolant.

Car is back home and I'm thankful to God that no major untoward incident happened and we were all safe and secure

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 3rd June 2021 at 00:22.
Old 11th September 2021, 09:07   #87
BHPian

EGR cleaning done.

Car had crossed 1 lakh kms mark so thought of getting the EGR cleaning done. Off late there was a drop in FE of nearly 3 kmpl so I thought that maybe cleaning of EGR might help. While performance of the car is brilliant, the drop in FE was noticed only recently after the 1L kms service.

Although the authorized service centre advised me against it, I still went ahead with EGR cleaning. The job took nearly 3 hours and the senior most technician was deployed for it, since they had a risk of damaging the EGR.

Net result - ZILCH, apart from damage to the wallet

Apart from the miniscule amount of soot that was cleaned, no change in performance nor in FE, nothing. Attaching few pics of the cleaning job. Last pic was taken after the cleaning job and the tray shows total amount of soot cleaned.

Total amount paid: 1,300/-(for this job)
Total amount paid: 51,300/- (till date)
Attached Thumbnails
Marathon Mile Muncher: Ford Aspire TDCi, now @ 120,000 km-20210605_142927.jpg  

Marathon Mile Muncher: Ford Aspire TDCi, now @ 120,000 km-20210605_145355.jpg  

Marathon Mile Muncher: Ford Aspire TDCi, now @ 120,000 km-20210605_151302.jpg  

Marathon Mile Muncher: Ford Aspire TDCi, now @ 120,000 km-20210605_142907.jpg  

Marathon Mile Muncher: Ford Aspire TDCi, now @ 120,000 km-20210605_152337.jpg  

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 11th September 2021 at 09:11.
Old 20th September 2021, 14:04   #88
BHPian

Quote:
EGR cleaning done.

Car had crossed 1 lakh kms mark so thought of getting the EGR cleaning done. Off late there was a drop in FE of nearly 3 kmpl so I thought that maybe cleaning of EGR might help.
Great to see a long term ownership report such as these. The drop in FE might also be due to a pending Timing belt replacement(?) and the clutch wear.

I sold the car recently at 80K kms just few months ago and i noticed the same drop in FE when SA insisted i do a clutch overhaul and timing belt change. I politely declined back then since i had plan to change the car.
Swarup5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 17:46   #89
BHPian

1,10,000 kms service update:

Very late update.

This service was carried out on 10th Nov. 2021, just after Diwali, but missed posting the details about this earlier. It was a standard service and I was in a tearing hurry for an upcoming trip, so just got the routine maintenance done.

Below mentioned parts were replaced/serviced this time.

• Engine oil
• Oil filter
• Sump plug gasket.

Like the previous service, this time too, I purchased Mobil 5W-30 X1 FE 3000 series engine oil which meets the specifications and is approved by Ford India. Got it directly from the distributor. MRP 2500/-. Distributor selling price 1800/-

After the previous service of 1 lac kms, I had noticed a drop in FE of approx 3 kmpl. Tried everything from getting the EGR cleaned, to changing the fuel bunk but nothing seemed to have worked. After this service at 1,10,000 kms the FE has returned back to normal. On the highway I get anywhere between 23-24 kmpl at speeds between 90 to 110 kmph whereas previously it had dropped to ~ 20 kmpl. Inquired with the SA about the increase in FE but he is clueless, but I'm not complaining

Even after 1.1 lac kms and 5+ years, the car has been performing brilliantly and is a joy to drive

Total amount paid: 2,400/-(for this service)
Total amount paid: 53,700/- (till date)

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 19th March 2022 at 18:09.
Old 26th December 2022, 22:49   #90
BHPian

1,20,000 kms service update:

I prefer getting the car serviced beforehand so got the service done this weekend when the car was at 1,19,700 kms.

Since my trusted SA who had been servicing my Aspire and previous-gen Figo for the past 9 years had left Ford A.S.C. and started his own workshop, I too decided to go with my SA and got the car serviced from him. Mobil oil was sourced by me from the authorized distributor and all other parts were sourced by my SA. Even though I trust him, he showed me that all the parts had FoMoCo embossed on them, thereby assuring genuineness of the parts. Brake pads were changed for the first time when the car was at 50k kms and this one lasted 70k kms.

Below mentioned parts were replaced during this service:

• Engine oil
• Oil filter
• Diesel filter
• Air filter
• Brake pads
• Sump plug gasket.

Off late the car is mostly driven on highway 80% of the time and is returning a FE of 22-23 kmpl with speeds hovering around 110-120. Rest, the car is performing brilliantly and I enjoy driving it, everytime.

Parts cost: 4,500/-
Labour charges:1,000/-

Total amount paid: 5,500/-(for this service)
Total amount paid: 59,200/- (till date)
auto_enthusiast is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks