Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2017, 14:37   #46
BHPian

re: Marathon Mile Muncher: Ford Aspire TDCi, now @ 120,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwagh View Post
Hi Auto_enthusiat,
I have also faced exactly the same issue in my car. If I build the speed gradually there are no vibrations but on sudden acceleration (from around 40-50 kmph) the vibrations crop up. I had bought this to the service adviser's notice when I had given my car for the first service/ check up at 2,500 kms mark. They checked it and I was told that this is normal for new Figo, though he also acknowledged that they were able to reach the 80 kmph mark only once on their test drive given the traffic condition near the service center and that Ford does not allow them to take any vehicle above 80 kmph mark during the road test. I will be giving my car for service (10,000 Kms) in the first week of July and would again request them for checking the issue.

I had not seen any other member complaint about the vibration issue yet. I asked a couple of my friends to drive my car and check if they also felt the vibrations in the cabin but they didn't feel a thing and said that the car was stable all the way upto 120 kmph. Later I was thinking of requesting a TBHP member who owns the Figo/Aspire in Pune to have a round in my car to verify if there is any vibration or if it is a figment of my imagination

Planning to go on a 2 day trip this weekend where I will get an opportunity to drive on highway. I will update if the issue crops up again.
In my car the humming noise and vibration had reduced to a great extent but, though not intrusive, it is still there. The company technical executive who inspected my car had assured me that this won't be a cause of concern in the long-term ownership of the car and I can drive the car without worrying about it. Now after driving the car for 50k, even I can echo his words.

In your case if the vibration is very prominent then only I would advise you to report the matter to Ford India or else drive it for some more thousand kms and the vibration should subside on its own.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 14:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
In your case if the vibration is very prominent then only I would advise you to report the matter to Ford India or else drive it for some more thousand kms and the vibration should subside on its own.
Thanks, I will keep an eye on it. My car has done 9,200 kms now and is 6 months old. Have done 2 long outstation trips and thankfully the issue didn't occur in a major way in these trips. Like you said, hopefully it will decrease further with more mileage.
scwagh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 16:33   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwagh View Post
Hi Auto_enthusiat,

I have also faced exactly the same issue in my car. If I build the speed gradually there are no vibrations but on sudden acceleration (from around 40-50 kmph) the vibrations crop up. I had bought this to the service adviser's notice when I had given my car for the first service/ check up at 2,500 kms mark. They checked it and I was told that this is normal for new Figo, though he also acknowledged that they were able to reach the 80 kmph mark only once on their test drive given the traffic condition near the service center and that Ford does not allow them to take any vehicle above 80 kmph mark during the road test. I will be giving my car for service (10,000 Kms) in the first week of July and would again request them for checking the issue.

I had not seen any other member complaint about the vibration issue yet. I
This issue does exist in all new diesel figos!! Even I was worried when I saw no one post about this. But in my case the sa explained it well that it was of no issue. Apparently auto enthusiast is the first one to post about this. The vibration happens under sudden acceleration when vehicle touches 2k rpm and disappears post that mark. It's more prominent when the vehicle is brand new. But it gets reduced after around 3k kms and slowly it disappears to a good extent as you put on some miles. Don't worry about it.
blackbandit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 21:47   #49
BHPian

Congratulations on posting your ownership experience for Figo Aspire, I can see lot of Aspire's running on app based cab fleet's in Pune too. Sadly Ford is still lagging behind badly in maintaining visibility for Figo twins to at least have a sustainable run in Passenger car sales numbers.
Old 30th July 2017, 23:20   #50
BHPian

USED OIL ANALYSIS OF MY FORD ASPIRE TDCi AT 30k kms:

I had got the used Oil Analysis (UOA) done after the car had crossed 30k kms. The analysis was basically done to get to know the condition/service life of the oil after using it for 10k kms. Since the 20k service was done at 19,400 kms and the 30k service was done at 30,100 kms, the oil was effectively used for 10,700 kms.

The analysis was done by 'Intertek' labs, Mumbai. Had sent them 100ml of used oil, which was collected by me directly in a plastic container whilst draining the oil during service. This was a basic analysis and hence the charges were 600+90(15% service tax). The most important value in the report was the Total Base Number (TBN) which determines the 'serviceable life' or 'remaining life' of the engine oil. The report states the TBN as 5.78 and according to the their technicians the oil can be used till the value reaches 4.00, but I don't want to strech the drain intervals and use the oil till it's last permissible limit and therefore I get the oil replaced every 10k kms. Apart from TBN, all other readings were also well within the specified limits. The car is regularly serviced at FASS, Surat and the oil used by them is Shell 5W30 semi-synth. Nowadays the car is not driven much but I intend to get the next analysis done at 70k kms.

Attaching the report for reference. Pls note the remark at the end of the report.
Attached Thumbnails
Marathon Mile Muncher: Ford Aspire TDCi, now @ 120,000 km-img_0412.png  

Marathon Mile Muncher: Ford Aspire TDCi, now @ 120,000 km-img_0413.png  

auto_enthusiast is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 11:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
This issue does exist in all new diesel figos!! Even I was worried when I saw no one post about this. But in my case the sa explained it well that it was of no issue. Apparently auto enthusiast is the first one to post about this. The vibration happens under sudden acceleration when vehicle touches 2k rpm and disappears post that mark. It's more prominent when the vehicle is brand new. But it gets reduced after around 3k kms and slowly it disappears to a good extent as you put on some miles. Don't worry about it.
Why does this happen in the first place? Isn't it unusual for a brand new car to have such vibration issues at relatively low down in the rev band? Is there any explanation offered by Ford for this, and any rectification measures that it plans to take? Would be interesting to know.
Old 31st July 2017, 13:51   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Why does this happen in the first place? Isn't it unusual for a brand new car to have such vibration issues at relatively low down in the rev band? Is there any explanation offered by Ford for this, and any rectification measures that it plans to take? Would be interesting to know.
Sa told it happens due to egr and wastegate opening and it's quite normal. And BTW might have mistyped. There's no vibration as such, it's just the sound and used to happen only on hard acceleration say like when I am at 5th cruising at a low rpm and I suddenly floor the throttle, a sudden garr kind of noise happens when it just touches about 2k rpm and settles within a second. Used to not happen if I was heavy footed throughout Or when revving slowly or when revving at idle. And it is nearly inexistent as of now in my car was noticeable only in initial days.
blackbandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 16:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic review of an understated car!!
I have owned and enjoyed one of their "ikonic" cars earlier.
Unfortunately, Ford spares and repairs were pretty pricey then. I was quoted almost 66K for a suspension overhaul in 2011.

With your service bills, it puts my Mr. Maintenance Miser Wagon R to shame.
What is really unfortunate is of Ford to highlight the massive reduction in their maintenance costs. Till now, and perennially, Ford is considered to be a high cost maintenance brand. Really sad that Ford is wasting time doing nothing and letting a very good and potential product slowly fade away.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 13:46   #54
BANNED

Posting here since i couldn't find a related thread or anything about it.
Ford has a version of the Aspire called the Aspire Trip, aimed squarely at the Taxi market, and the only feature i could see it having is a driver airbag. So it would be pretty cost effective. Saw a poster of it at Bhagat Ford Ludhiana.
Old 14th August 2017, 17:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Ford has a version of the Aspire called the Aspire Trip, aimed squarely at the Taxi market, and the only feature i could see it having is a driver airbag. So it would be pretty cost effective. Saw a poster of it at Bhagat Ford Ludhiana.
Interior color scheme - Still beige or have they made it all black or all grey any idea. As the main problem is keeping the beige interior clean when you are running it for a fleet.
Old 14th August 2017, 17:32   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Interior color scheme - Still beige or have they made it all black or all grey any idea. As the main problem is keeping the beige interior clean when you are running it for a fleet.
There was no photo of the interior scheme, but i fear it would remain beige for the airy feeling it gives.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 19:42   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
There was no photo of the interior scheme, but i fear it would remain beige for the airy feeling it gives.
Interior is same beige coloured as the standard Aspire. This variant is on sale for nearly a year. I had posted about it in the official review when I saw it some 8-9 months ago, though they don't promote this variant to individual buyers.

The major missing features are:
1. No power windows.
2. Only driver airbag is provided. No airbag for front passenger.
3. No wheelcaps.

Central locking with remote is provided though. It costs approx 25-30k less than the ambiente variant and is aimed squarely at the taxi segment.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 19:52   #58
BHPian

Update: Battery replaced under warranty on 10th August

At nearly 51k kms the battery started to show signs of being weak. It would take longer than normal to start and sometimes it would start only at the second crank. Took the car to FASS and they diagnosed it to be weak battery. They kept the car for a day and replaced the battery under warranty

The car had just crossed the one year mark but the warranty was applicable from the date of registration and hence, technically, the car was still under the one year mark.

The rear shock absorbers have also started to make a feeble noise but on very rare occasions. I think that they might have to be replaced during the next service. Hope that they hold well till then. Rest everything is perfect
auto_enthusiast is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:39   #59
BHPian

60,000 kms service update:

Carried out the 60k kms service today when the odometer was at 59,200 kms. Nothing much to report and hence the routine service under 'Happy Pocket Service' was done. Following were the parts that were replaced.

• Engine oil
• Oil filter
• Fuel filter
• Air filter
• Sump plug gasket

The feeble noise from the rear shock absorbers seems to have disappeared on its own, so didn't bother to get it checked. Clutch had become a bit hard but when the advisor took it for a test drive, he told that the clutch was perfect and being a hydraullic unit, it will be a bit hard as compared to other cars. He just bled the air, if any, from it. Don't know whether it's a placebo effect or not but after this process the clutch appears to be softer as of now.

Alignment and balancing was ok and hence was not attended to

Total amount paid: 4,200/-(for this service)
Total amount paid: 19,200/- (till date)
auto_enthusiast is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:19   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
60,000 kms service update:

Carried out the 60k kms service today when the odometer was at 59,200 kms. Nothing much to report and hence the routine service under 'Happy Pocket Service' was done. Following were the parts that were replaced.
Can you please confirm what is this Happy Pocket service? Is the cost of all the parts you have mentioned and labor inclusive come up to 4200 only?

Apologies for the back to back post, but found out the details on the Ford Website about the Happy Pocket Service. Posting the details below for benefit of other members who may need the info. Hope you don't mind.

Starting at just Rs.2,199* - the Happy Pockets Service (HPS) is a first-of-its-kind initiative in India, offering an affordable, quality, hassle-free servicing experience. This is yet another initiative by Ford to live up to its promise of an economical Cost of Ownership and supreme Quality.

What’s Included?

The HPS package offers an extremely economical servicing experience that does not compromise on quality. It includes:

Replacement of components like:

Engine oil*
High grade semi-synthetic Ford approved engine oil for optimum engine performance and fuel economy.

Engine oil filter*
Specially designed filter element removes dirt, carbon and metal particles from the oil.

Sump plug gasket
Prevents oil leakage.

Car Body wash

Labour charges - Price is inclusive of labor charges

Vehicle report card - Vital commodity health status

What’s Excluded?

Services vary basis kilometers & age of the car so except for the above mentioned service offering in HPS the other services as per the periodic maintenance schedule recommended in the owner’s manual come at an additional but competitive cost.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th October 2017 at 21:41.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks