Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2018, 13:05   #61
BHPian

re: Marathon Mile Muncher: Ford Aspire TDCi, now @ 120,000 km

70,0000 Service update:

Got the 70k service done on 27th April at 69,800 kms. Nowadays the car is not driven much and it took more than 6 months to cover the last 10k kms. The following items were replaced during this service:

• Engine oil
• Oil filter
• Sump plug gasket
• "0" ring of thermostat

It was just another service with nothing much to report except for an "0" ring of the thermostat which had to be replaced as the coolant was leaking in small amount. Cost of replacement: Part 80/- & Labour 300/-. As was reported in the last service, clutch is a bit hard but not to the extent to get it replaced. Rest everything is perfect and the car has been performing flawlessly

Total amount paid: 2,600/-(for this service)
Total amount paid: 21,800/- (till date)
auto_enthusiast is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 20:16   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Got the 70k service done on 27th April at 69,800 kms. Nowadays the car is not driven much and it took more than 6 months to cover the last 10k kms. The following items were replaced during this service:

Total amount paid: 2,600/-(for this service)
Total amount paid: 21,800/- (till date)
First for all thanks for sharing such a brilliant review. Your service costs are really low, I would say even lower than an equivalent Maruti or Toyota. I have a few queries regarding the Happy Pocket Service. During the last servicing of our Ecosport, I too asked about the HPS, to which I was replied that the HPS scheme is no longer available. After that my SA showed me some dealer specific service plans, the plan for Ecosport diesel was that 2 services would cost me 7.5k. Now, 7.5k for only oil & oil filter change is not very cheap. Without availing any schemes, 2 services with only oil & oil filter change would cost me around 8k.

What would you advice? Do you think that the HPS is still available to customers? Even without HPS, the service costs for a Ford is reasonable. The only problem that I have with the bill is the high labor cost, the labor cost is higher (in every paid service) than the cost of all the total consumables combined.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 4th May 2018 at 20:33.
Old 5th May 2018, 11:46   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
I have a few queries regarding the Happy Pocket Service. During the last servicing of our Ecosport, I too asked about the HPS, to which I was replied that the HPS scheme is no longer available. After that my SA showed me some dealer specific service plans, the plan for Ecosport diesel was that 2 services would cost me 7.5k. Now, 7.5k for only oil & oil filter change is not very cheap. Without availing any schemes, 2 services with only oil & oil filter change would cost me around 8k.

What would you advice? Do you think that the HPS is still available to customers?
HPS is still available, though it might not be applicable for Ecosport or the dealer might be playing tricks with you to sell the dealer specific plan. During one of the service I was told that the service code for HPS is not available for the Aspire but, due to my good rapport with the service team, they offer me the HPS manually.

Now that's for you to convince them to provide you the HPS or else you can show them this thread and ask them to generate the HPS code manually for the Ecosport.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 00:35   #64
BANNED

Quote:
2500 kms service update:

This service has nothing much to write about. All the fluids were checked and everything was found to be normal, except the vibration and humming noise for which I had previously reported. The car was washed and we were out of the service centre in two hours flat.

Amount paid: Nil

There is no update on this thread since many months. Can you please share the current status of your car and its maintenance? I am sure you must have put up a great mileage on the Odo of the Aspire. Can you share some detailed long ownership report?
Thanks
Regards,
Nitin
Old 19th May 2018, 10:53   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_burner View Post
There is no update on this thread since many months.
I think you missed the previous few posts. Got the 70k service done a few days ago. Pls refer the above posts.
Old 19th May 2018, 19:11   #66
BANNED

Quote:
I think you missed the previous few posts. Got the 70k service done a few days ago. Pls refer the above posts.
I am sorry. I think I missed the last page of this thread. Anyways good to hear that your Aspire is performing well and is not costing a bomb to maintain. Just wanted to ask about the headlights. Do you feel that these illuminate the road ahead sufficiently? Or have you gone for any upgrades.
Old 20th May 2018, 10:03   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_burner View Post
I am sorry. I think I missed the last page of this thread. Anyways good to hear that your Aspire is performing well and is not costing a bomb to maintain. Just wanted to ask about the headlights. Do you feel that these illuminate the road ahead sufficiently? Or have you gone for any upgrades.
Illumination is a bit on the lower side but I did not upgrade it and am on the stock setup.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 08:12   #68
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved to the Long-Term Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 19:35   #69
BHPian

Update: Two bushes of the injectors and it's 'O' ring seal replaced under warranty

Car has crossed 73k kms now. Yesterday whilst driving, heard a feeble noise from the engine bay. Upon inspection at FASS, it was found that Two bushes of the injectors and it's 'O' ring seal has gone kaput. Replaced under warranty. No questions asked. Nothing. I did not have to shell a single penny from my pocket.

Though the total charges was only 950/- but the way in which Ford handles warranty claims is truly commendable. I've never seen a company handle warranty claims better than Ford
auto_enthusiast is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 23:37   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Update: Two bushes of the injectors and it's 'O' ring seal replaced under warranty

Car has crossed 73k kms now. Yesterday whilst driving, heard a feeble noise from the engine bay. Upon inspection at FASS, it was found that Two bushes of the injectors and it's 'O' ring seal has gone kaput. Replaced under warranty. No questions asked. Nothing. I did not have to shell a single penny from my pocket.

Though the total charges was only 950/- but the way in which Ford handles warranty claims is truly commendable. I've never seen a company handle warranty claims better than Ford
can you please specify what kind of sound?
Under what situation were you able to hear that sound?
Old 28th July 2018, 09:14   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
can you please specify what kind of sound?
Under what situation were you able to hear that sound?
It was a feeble but continuous sound. Somewhat like a paper getting stuck between the blades of a fan or pulley. Hope you get an idea what I'm trying to convey.
Old 28th July 2018, 09:39   #72
BANNED

Quote:
It was a feeble but continuous sound. Somewhat like a paper getting stuck between the blades of a fan or pulley. Hope you get an idea what I'm trying to convey.
was it continuous? Actually since past few days, I am also hearing some sound when I release the accelerator around 1400 rpm and the engine retards. The sound is noticed till 1000 rpm. This happens when the engine is cold and disappears once the engine gets warmed up.
Old 28th July 2018, 10:54   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
was it continuous? Actually since past few days, I am also hearing some sound when I release the accelerator around 1400 rpm and the engine retards. The sound is noticed till 1000 rpm. This happens when the engine is cold and disappears once the engine gets warmed up.
Quote:
a feeble but continuous sound.
Had mentioned earlier that the sound was continuous. I think you ought to go to the service center for proper diagnosis of the problem.
Old 17th October 2018, 23:34   #74
BHPian

Update: Replaced all four tyres, front shock-absorbers and radiator fan.

Replaced the stock tyres at 75k kms (set of four). At the time of replacement the tyres still had a tread for approx 10k kms more but they had become very noisy, so finally decided to get rid of it. These MRF's are one of the worst tyres I've ever used.

Got a great deal on Paytm and purchased Yoko Earth 1 in stock size for 11,000/- only, after deducting all the cash backs (17,000 list price less 4,250 paytm cash back less 1,700 ICICI cash back). During the alignment and balancing, it was found that the front shock absorbers had worn out and needs to be replaced. Damage to the wallet 4,400/- (including labour). Have not run the new tyres much, but one thing is clear, that the Yoko's are super silent and plush, considering the fact that my previous tyres were the crappy MRF's

Again at the time of replacing the shock absorbers, it was found that there was some play in the radiator fan and that needs to be replaced as well. A humble request to consider the replacement under goodwill warranty, as my car is just a month out of the standard warranty and after a few minutes I'm informed that the replacement will be taken care off under goodwill. Very happy with the way Ford handles warranty claims. I have a very good rappo with the service team and being their regular customer was the reason for the sweet gesture

Total amount paid: 4,400/-(for shock abs)
Total amount paid: 26,200/- (till date)
auto_enthusiast is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 06:50   #75
BHPian

Update: Engine mounting and Gearbox centre mounting replaced at 76k kms.

Off late, there have been quite some issues and replacements with the car, more so after 70k kms. On my recent trip to Mumbai, the car started making some noise intermittently, mostly in the first gear. Upon inspection, found out that the engine mounting had worn out and oil had started leaking. So didn't drive much in Mumbai and brought the car back to Surat.

Took the car to FASS and I was advised to replace not just the engine mounting but the gearbox centre mounting as well. Cost was 3,000/- for engine mounting and 5,700/- for gearbox mounting plus labour. Car is 2 years and 3 months old and has crossed 76k kms. I casually asked them whether it can be considered under warranty because the mountings are not expected to wear at just 76k kms. Standard warranty is 2yrs/1,00,000 kms and I did not have extended warranty on the car. Now here comes the twist. On checking their records, it was found that my car has extended warranty but it's for 3 yrs/60k kms. At the time of purchasing the car I did not opt for EW but since I had owned the previous gen Figo, I was given EW as there was some loyalty program going on at that time.

Since the service manager was not authorised to honour warranty on an out of warranty car, the matter was escalated with Ford India. After some persuasion, the company agreed to consider it under goodwill warranty, provided I bear 50% of the cost only for the engine mounting and they will bear the balance for the engine mounting as well as the total cost of gearbox mounting. So out of the total cost of approx 9,000/- I was told to pay 1,700/- and the balance will be taken care by them. I readily agreed to it and both the mountings were replaced.

To be honest I did not expect the mountings to wear out so early on but glad that the company honours warranty even though my car was not eligible for the same

Total amount paid: 1,700/-(for mountings)
Total amount paid: 27,900/- (till date)

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 24th November 2018 at 06:56.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed