Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2007, 20:16   #121
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jay

Nice comments!!!!

20K regular service costs approx 2400/- inclusive of engine oil/rear axle oil and gearbox oil

Apart from that the things which made additional 1200/- are attributed to wheel balancing&alignment (much needed due to offroad conditions of Pune roads and the tendency at which this eats up them also leaves me undazed to drive over them) and engine flush + oil additive (recommended on paper by TML itself. If you ask me engine flush -> yes because I have my share of trouble with engine oil getting into turbodue to faulty oil seperator so it made more sense to atleast clean up the kink & gunk left inside.

Well the plastics of the SUV are pathetic quality and are more or less loosely fit across the safari's all make IMHO. Add that to uneven roads of Pune they tend to make quirky, chirpy noise along the undulations of the road so cant do much about it.

Coming back to the hardearned money, this was the best my money could buy and am pretty happy with the VFM it provides. I wanted comfort and presence which I got with some compromises
2.2 is much cheaper to own though

Total cost incurred in all four serivces is 5000 approx
Old 4th February 2008, 19:46   #122
Senior - BHPian

Time to Close this thread

We'll after 25K of faithful service to me, time has come to part with my LX. It was a dream come true and i have truly enjoyed it. Kudos to Tata for being there when i needed them cheers:.

Priorities in life change so do cars......

Good Bye Safari and Hello to Mileage King (coming soon ~ "the saga continues").....

:MODS Kindly close this thread

Thank You
Rahul

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 4th February 2008 at 19:47.
Old 3rd February 2013, 12:18   #123
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passion Red Safari Dicor LX 4x2 - @ 15000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicorex4x4 View Post
Quite possible. I have my reasons for agreeing to jobs they want to carry out provided they recommend them on paper. While I have a lot of faith in Tata and their dealers, the Sumo Victa episode is also at the back of my mind.

Tomorrow, if there is a problem, I don't want them saying we recommended this but the customer didn't want it done.
The warranty you have is not provided by the dealer. It is provided by Tata motors. As long as you do only the things written in the service booklet provided by Tata motors you will be no issues.
However, sometime down the line, if your gearbox fails, your warranty(esp if extended) will be refused because you did not change gearbox oil at the interval specified in your service booklet.
I suggest you do not let the dealer do any hanky panky. At every service open the service booklet, and just tell the service advisor that you will not pay for anything not mentioned in the service booklet.
So if service booklet does not say "flush", ask the service advisor to put his flush in the toilet and flush.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks