Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2019, 13:53   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Thus far over 30,000 kms the cost of service has been Rs 58,000 plus Rs 2000 as my share for denting-painting repair which comes to a grand total of Rs 60,000 or Rs 2.00 per kms towards maintenance. I wonder how this compares with the German-III.
Love reading the updates - if not for the low rear seat, I'd love to have this car in my garage which has become a little too European for peace of mind.

Maintenance costs seem very palatable, especially considering that my C Class's second service (with a brake pad change), cost nearly the amount you've spent over 30,000kms!
I reckon BMW could give the Lexus some competition though!

Looking forward to reading more as the car racks on more kms!
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 09:20   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms

Bagheera the purple panther is nudging for its 4th service at 40k kms. She goes in under the A.S.S. knife tomorrow. I am at a loss as to what I should write this time around other than fill it, shut it, forget it <repeat that 100 times>. I hope the NCRs 15-year rule does not apply to hybrids as I really would like to run this car till it gets an old classic car tag. The Lexus chaps will pick her up in the early AM and deliver her back in the PM. I deal with the same engineer each time so we have a history of what we discussed last. I am delighted with the quality of the after sales service of Lexus - no over billing, no khit-pit, no over smart guys, reasonably priced parts (relative to the car's cost, I mean), and they listen to you. Last time I was not happy with the braking being 100% to my fastidious norms- I am just fussy about matters like this. They took her back, redid their work and didn't charge for some spares. Update follows with photos before Christmas.

Two days ago at the toll booth on the Faridabad-Gurgaon road a taxi wallah comes and hits the car in the rear while my car is waiting in queue! Talk of sleeping and texting while driving. So some body work on the right rear fender is needed too.

I have been hinting to Lexus that they should introduce their U series in India which is the smallest Lexus.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 15th December 2019 at 09:24.
V.Narayan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 11:04   #198
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a Lexus Hybrid alongside our car yesterday. We were fresh out of the showroom with our new car but still I and my missus were lusting after the L :-D
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 15:14   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
We were fresh out of the showroom with our new car but still I and my missus were lusting after the L :-D
And what new car are you the happy owner of now. Congratulations. New Car = Happy Wife = Happy Husband
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 17:45   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And what new car are you the happy owner of now. Congratulations. New Car = Happy Wife = Happy Husband
It's a humble Tigor!

True what you gave said, happy wife = happy husband = happy life :-)

To be honest, and to her credit, new car was my choice though, she was happy with the old one too!
honeybee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 18:02   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's a humble Tigor!

True what you gave said, happy wife = happy husband = happy life :-)
Congratulations. Share a photo. What colour. Many happy & safe miles of motoring.
Old 15th December 2019, 18:05   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. Share a photo. What colour. Many happy & safe miles of motoring.
Will post a separate thread soon, don't want to clutter up this wonderful thread!

Btw, it's Titanium Grey.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 18:06   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Btw, it's Titanium Grey.
a dignified colour.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 21:31   #204
BHPian

Quote:
I deal with the same engineer each time so we have a history of what we discussed last. I am delighted with the quality of the after sales service of Lexus - no over billing, no khit-pit, no over smart guys, reasonably priced parts (relative to the car's cost, I mean), and they listen to you. Last time I was not happy with the braking being 100% to my fastidious norms- I am just fussy about matters like this. They took her back, redid their work and didn't charge for some spares.
I swear by this. One can easily continue with maintenance at A.S.S even after the warranty has expired because most probably the car will only need oil and filters till the time the owner is fed up of driving the car for years and years.
For ex: If you’ll take a your car to Mercedes to A.S.S, you’ll have to pay an initial diagnostic fees of Rs.6,000 in which they scan the car for error codes using their proprietary diagnostic software (E class in my case, price can differ for other models) along with other consumables which makes the service cost at least Rs. 40,000.
As soon as the warranty expired for the car, i changed the air filter, oil filter, and AC cabin filter myself (ordered from Boodmo) and got the oil changed from Bosch service center (Mobil-1 from Amazon), this reduced annual maintenance expense to just Rs.12,000+1,000 (labour for oil change).

Last edited by Dhruv29 : 15th December 2019 at 21:52. Reason: Punctuation
Dhruv29 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 11:59   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Two days ago at the toll booth on the Faridabad-Gurgaon road a taxi wallah comes and hits the car in the rear while my car is waiting in queue! Talk of sleeping and texting while driving. So some body work on the right rear fender is needed too.
Photo of damage. The 3M PPC sheathing helped limit the scratching. This will get covered by insurance. I might have to pay a small amount. This 4th servicing will cost just south of Rs 30k. After repairs the car will be delivered back on 18th evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-lexus-dec-19-2.jpeg  

V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 18:02   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

4th service -:- 40,000 kms -:- 33 months

Bagheera the purple cat has returned from its 4th service having clocked just under 40,000 kms. This service itself cost Rs 34,000. For the denting painting the tab came to a further Rs 36,000 for the rear fender. Of this second amount my cost was Rs 2000/- the rest coming from insurance. The tyres were checked and found good for another 10,000 kms till the next service. The brakes were checked. The average thickness was 8.5mm. The minimum at which the pads are replaced is 1.5mm and a brand new pad starts at 11mm. Though an automatic, the wear and tear is lesser than conventional automatics due to the hybrid nature of the power train. The driving style of my driver and me has also contributed says the maintenance engineer. The other usuals were, engine oil change, oil filter change, air con filter change, checks on the hybrid battery pack, tyre rotation, balancing etc

Thus far over 40,000 kms the total cost of maintenance has been Rs 96,000 which includes Rs 4000 towards body repair or denting-painting as we like to call it. That comes to about Rs 2.40 per kms towards maintenance along with a fuel consumption rate of around 13 to 14 kmpl in the city. We always drive in Eco mode. With 200 bhp on the tap there is no reason, in my eyes, to be doing any different.

The car, touchwood, continues to deliver miles flawlessly, quietly and with comfort. Lexus' after sales service is so good it makes you want to only buy another Lexus. Be it timeliness, courtesy, helpfulness on small issues and no attempt to skin the customer they are far ahead of Volvo (my other car) who themselves are pretty good.

This car was the first Lexus delivered in Delhi NCR. In hamari dilli, guys, bragging rights are important.

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-lexus-dec19-1a.jpg
40k down 60k to go :-)

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-lexus-dec19.jpeg
There were some superficial scratches on the left front corner which we ironed out with a fresh layer of PPC from 3M

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-lexus-dec19-4.jpeg
The rear right fender which got damaged as seen in the photo in post #

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-lexus-dec19-1b.jpeg
The leather of the driver's seat is getting a little dirty and crows feet wrinkles are starting to make themselves visible :-(

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-lexus-dec19-2.jpeg
The rear passenger area is doing fine

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-lexus-dec19.jpg
Onwards and upwards we march.
V.Narayan is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 18:24   #207
Team-BHP Support

Time for a full interior professional detailing, esp. to get the leather stuff back feeling supple and new.
Old 27th December 2019, 15:14   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4th service -:- 40,000 kms -:- 33 months

Bagheera the purple cat has returned from its 4th service having clocked just under 40,000 kms. This service itself cost Rs 34,000. For the denting painting the tab came to a further Rs 36,000 for the rear fender. Of this second amount my cost was Rs 2000/- the rest coming from insurance. The tyres were checked and found good for another 10,000 kms till the next service. The brakes were checked. The average thickness was 8.5mm. The minimum at which the pads are replaced is 1.5mm and a brand new pad starts at 11mm. Though an automatic, the wear and tear is lesser than conventional automatics due to the hybrid nature of the power train. The driving style of my driver and me has also contributed says the maintenance engineer. The other usuals were, engine oil change, oil filter change, air con filter change, checks on the hybrid battery pack, tyre rotation, balancing etc

Thus far over 40,000 kms the total cost of maintenance has been Rs 96,000 which includes Rs 4000 towards body repair or denting-painting as we like to call it.
Can you give a rough breakup of service costs? I was at Toyota service center and there was a brand new ES- it looked like a car from different planet. If a sedan has to replace our Endeavour a year or two down the lane, I will not look elsewhere-just go and get an ES. The Germans might drive better, but I am sold on Lexus.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 21:38   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Can you give a rough breakup of service costs?
Of the 34k spent on the regular service Rs 19k was labour, Rs 10k was parts, fluids and Rs 5k was tax.
Quote:
I was at Toyota service center and there was a brand new ES- it looked like a car from different planet. If a sedan has to replace our Endeavour a year or two down the lane, I will not look elsewhere-just go and get an ES. The Germans might drive better, but I am sold on Lexus.
The biggest difference is in the efficiency and courteousness of the after sales service. I saw no reason to spend Rs 7 million on a car and then deal with arrogance or rudeness or indifference from the dealer-service garage. As I don't accelerate at full throttle or swerve around corners this quiet, cushy, sedate but powerful car suits me just fine.
V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 10:43   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Bagheera, my purple (well almost!) panther, this month, completes three years of flawless running and service to the family. I'll post pictures and a write up after the lockdown once she has received a 3M wash & wax as a birthday gift. Lexus gave a call twice to explain items of car care during a lockdown and to check if my car was okay. Nice touch. Pictures, well thought I'd post something different from my normal posed photos :-)

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-ximg_8952.jpg
Beautiful 200hp engine bay. Deserves a kiss.

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-ximg_9001.jpg
The sun roof. Used only sparingly. I wonder why a car in India needs a sun roof. :-)

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-ximg_8962.jpg
The rear seat middle fold down. Superb wood with 1985 Contessa style buttons <emoji with eyes rolling up>
V.Narayan is offline   (27) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks