Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2021, 18:34   #286
BHPian

re: Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Hearty congratulations. If you've got a Lexus for ~Rs 30 to 32 lakhs you have done very well price wise. Please share details of model, mileage and of course plenty of photos. If you managed to get this for the newer model that came in 2018 then it is a steal. I wish your car gives you as much trouble free ownership as mine has to me.. Glad to watch the Lexus tribe on T-BHP gradually growing.
Thank you!

It's a 2017 model, identical to yours in "Sonic Quartz" which I believe is the Lexus equivalent of the pearl white that Toyota offers. It had done 35,000km when I bought it (all genuine and checked from Lexus ASS). I had also had it sent for a paid checkup at the Lexus service center in Delhi and they gave it a complete clean chit!

I will post some photos soon, but needless to say I love the car so far!

I did have one question for you. Does your car auto lock all doors after a certain speed (15-20kmh)? Mine doesn't seem to do it and there's no option in the settings to enable it.
kapi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 07:53   #287
BHPian

re: Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms

I needed some advice, I have been offered a Lexus ES 300h (current shape) by a friend of mine who is equally particular about his cars and takes good care of them. It's a 2018 october model and he has driven it about 66k kms. I will be selling my 2017 BMW X1 for this as it has now started costing money which doesn't justify its worth.
Now comes the main part: Do you think it is worth it to buy a Lexus which has been driven so much?
Also, Do Lexus offer extended warranty? For how many years and whats the approximate cost?
Finally, what would a typical service cost like?
aman-bh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 09:52   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
I needed some advice, I have been offered a Lexus ES 300h (current shape) by a friend of mine who is equally particular about his cars and takes good care of them. It's a 2018 october model and he has driven it about 66k kms. I will be selling my 2017 BMW X1 for this as it has now started costing money which doesn't justify its worth.
Now comes the main part: Do you think it is worth it to buy a Lexus which has been driven so much?
Also, Do Lexus offer extended warranty? For how many years and whats the approximate cost?
Finally, what would a typical service cost like?
Quote:
Lexus have introduced an Extended Warranty programme that takes the warranty from 5 years & 100,000 kms to 7 years and 150,000 kms. The cost for the ES300h is Rs 1 lakh. The warranty covers the batteries too. While the cost could sound high it is 1.5% of the cost of the car and from that perspective looks reasonable to me.

I have taken it as ...
On extended warranty the answer to your question lies in this post of mine quoted above. As this car, which you propose to purchase, is already within the original warranty period then extending it to a total of 7 years from 2018 should be simple and in my opinion worth it. At 66,000 kms of mileage in my opinion the car, subject to a proper examination is young. These cars are designed for several lakh kms of trouble free service. I would earnestly recommended that you have the car checked out at the closest service centre to you and get any top up work it might need. Suggest you check the tyres and the brakes or get the papers of when they were replaced last. I replaced my tyres at the ~42,000 kms mark and my brake pads have not needed any replacement yet. My car is at roughly the 49,000 kms mark. Kms driven have dropped these last 15 months sadly due to the environment.

The typical service will cost you between Rs 15,000 and 30,000 plus spares. My car has undergone 5 services thus far for a total of ~Rs 120,000. If you use the search facility through the thread you can read the post on each service.

I have taken the Lexus Protect Insurance through them. It just makes things more simple and smooth. One trait of Lexus is a 'no bargaining-no discount' policy. But the quality of the service more than makes up for it.

Hope this helps. All the best.
V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 23:42   #289

Felt like sharing this heartwarming gesture from Lexus Kerala (Nippon Toyota). Received a call from them on Doctor's day asking if they could meet us in person (me & my dad both are doctors). The MD of Nippon Toyota had put a full page ad on TOI wishing all Doctors on their special day and they gifted us with a cut out of that with our names on top. We felt so appreciated by that especially during these times when Doctors are attacked on a daily basis all over the country. Kudos to Nippon Toyota for going that extra mile, they do care for their Lexus customers at a much more personal level!
Attached Thumbnails
Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-20210702_232655.jpg  

josesiju96 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 16:51   #290
BHPian

I visit this thread every now and again to re-read V Narayan's experiences with Bagheera. Should one ever feel like they are flying too high and need to re-ground themselves, this is the thread to to read start to finish each time. Never ceases to amaze me.

Speaking of flying too high - What are your thoughts sir, on the new Gulfstream launches?

I must hand it to Honeywell. Not only have they managed to integrate Primus Epic into even the latest launches at Gulfstream, but are also selling hard, to retrofit it to older aircraft models for flexibility. Especially for freight carriers.

Last edited by NevGin : 6th October 2021 at 16:57.
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 17:21   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
I visit this thread every now and again to re-read V Narayan's experiences with Bagheera. Should one ever feel like they are flying too high and need to re-ground themselves, this is the thread to to read start to finish each time. Never ceases to amaze me.

Speaking of flying too high - What are your thoughts sir, on the new Gulfstream launches?

I must hand it to Honeywell. Not only have they managed to integrate Primus Epic into even the latest launches at Gulfstream, but are also selling hard, to retrofit it to older aircraft models for flexibility. Especially for freight carriers.
Thank you for your kind words and for reading my article. I presume you are referring to the G700. As the lowest form of air life my take is that Gulfstreams in general are the best engineered business jets flying by a good margin - reliability, uptime, and thoughtful design not just for the traveller but also the pilot and the ground & maintenance crew. I'd put Dassault next. Gotta find myself a reaaaally old and verrrry rich widow now.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 11:34   #292
BHPian

Dear Mr. V. Narayan,
Thank you for sharing your experience in detail and for continuously updating this thread - you’re the sole reason I started doing more research into the brand with a view to seriously considering it sometime in the future.

I was wondering if you had any insights on the impact of E20 blend on Lexus petrol hybrid engines; I found limited information on this topic (reading through internet forums it seems like Lexus works with up to an E15 blend).
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/impact...petrol-engines

Thank you for your time.
Hashed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 12:33   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashed View Post
Dear Mr. V. Narayan,
Thank you for sharing your experience in detail and for continuously updating this thread - you’re the sole reason I started doing more research into the brand with a view to seriously considering it sometime in the future.
Thank you for reading my thread. All the best with your search/buy.
Quote:
I was wondering if you had any insights on the impact of E20 blend on Lexus petrol hybrid engines; I found limited information on this topic (reading through internet forums it seems like Lexus works with up to an E15 blend). Thank you for your time.
Off hand I did not know the answer. But I called my Lexus dealers engineering department to check. According to them the ES300h being sold in India can run on Ethanol 20% mix without any modification. Thus far they've been a reliable bunch so I'll go with their input. Hope this helps.

Bagheera, my panther, goes for its 6th servicing this week. Report will follow. Unfortunately due to covid19 issues mileage has been minimal with everyone insisting on meeting only over video conferences. For certain very personal reasons I've decided to maintain and use Bagheera till I'm old enough to need dentures. I'm not a sentimental person and I tend not to accumulate things. In fact when I retired I gave away or threw away all those million plaques, awards and whatever one accumulates over a long career - all except two. So this decision to retain Bagheera has been taken with some serious thought. In a few years I'll request Toyota to support me with spares. So this thread might go on for a very long time. :-) after all I brush my teeth twice daily.
Attached Thumbnails
Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-2020-december-3.jpg  

Last edited by V.Narayan : 20th October 2021 at 12:39.
V.Narayan is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 13:29   #294
BHPian

Nice sir, this luxury is in immaculate condition and can be held for a much longer time. You have maintained it quite well and the Lexus ownership has been quite good so far.

One question do they offer any discount on new car or they are similar to Toyota in that aspect i.e zero discount.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 08:18   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Nice sir, this luxury is in immaculate condition and can be held for a much longer time. You have maintained it quite well and the Lexus ownership has been quite good so far.
Thank you for your compliment.
Quote:
One question do they offer any discount on new car or they are similar to Toyota in that aspect i.e zero discount.
Lexus follows, to best of my knowledge, a no discount policy. Though I believe when a model changes the outgoing stock of the exiting model can be negotiated upon. Member @Sahil did negotiate successfully on his purchase of a ES300h

Last edited by V.Narayan : 21st October 2021 at 08:23.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 08:27   #296
BHPian

Mr. Narayan your ES looks brand new even 4 years later. Hope you have a great time with it in the future. The Lexus is always a head turner compared to cars like the 5, E, A6, etc. Have no clue why more Indian's don't buy them as Indian's love flash.

Just have a question on why Toyota never offers discounts?
KingKong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 15:08   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Bagheera has gone for its 6th service. As the car will be 5 years old in a few short months I decided to get some serious repainting done on the bumpers where 'Dilli scratches' have accumulated. These Dilli scratches are a rite of passage in Delhi-NCR. This will mean removing the 3M PPC and then repainting. Some may consider this, with good reason, as being over fussy. Being fastidious about my cars I simply need to get this done. I do it for my Honda Amaze utility car so doing this for Bagheera is a no brainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong View Post
Mr. Narayan your ES looks brand new even 4 years later.
Thank you @KingKong.
Quote:
The Lexus is always a head turner compared to cars like the 5, E, A6, etc
If nothing that spindle grill will make you halt and stare :-) and then roll your eyes!!!
Quote:
Have no clue why more Indian's don't buy them as Indian's love flash.
Lack of neighbours envy, lack of discounts and looks in that order.
Quote:
Just have a question on why Toyota never offers discounts?
Answer in post#295. Toyota know that the customer who understands and values good old engineering excellence will hiss and grumble but finally cough up the extra money that is the Toyota price.

Photos below of the scratches that need addressing.
Attached Thumbnails
Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-2021-oct-6th-service-1.jpeg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-2021-oct-6th-service-2.jpeg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-2021-oct-6th-service-3.jpeg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-2021-oct-6th-service-4.jpeg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-2021-oct-6th-service-5.jpeg  

Last edited by V.Narayan : 22nd October 2021 at 15:17.
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 18:05   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

6th Service -:- Lexus ES300h -:- 51,000 kms

Bagheera has completed over 10 months since the last service. The norm is 12 months or 10,000 kms whichever is earlier. Thanks to the continuing slowness in meetings and business movement in 2021 it has done only 6000 kms since the last service. As I wanted a spot of denting-painting done we went in for a service + denting-painting job. The scratches are depicted in the post above.

For the denting painting of the fenders the 3M PPC had to be removed. I'll check about re-affixing it once again. But there is no 3M centre left around my place now.

The cost of the 6th service came to Rs. 33,000 and change. The denting-painting came to Rs. 19,000 odd. Both reasonable in my view given the original cost of this car of Rs. 70L.

Toyota have extended the warranty on the hybrid systems battery to 8 years from the 7 earlier. This has been done free of cost.

Total cost of maintenance, all told, including denting-painting stands at Rs. 195,000 over 4.5 years and 51,000 kms.

Photos below of the denting-painting clean up. Bagheera is now looking spic and span like a school boy who has just had a bath and oiled his hair.
Attached Thumbnails
Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-october-2021-003.jpg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-october-2021-002.jpg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-october-2021-2.jpg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-october-2021-005.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by V.Narayan : 26th October 2021 at 18:23.
V.Narayan is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 18:14   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Toyota have extended the warranty on the hybrid systems battery to 8 years from the 7 earlier. This has been done free of cost.
Is this something thats done standard for everyone or do I need to request them for an extension on mine?
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 18:24   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is this something thats done standard for everyone or do I need to request them for an extension on mine?
This was initiated by Lexus. No harm reminding them though. I think they are doing it as the cars come in for a service. They will give you a soft copy certificate.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks