Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2018, 08:36   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Congratulations Sahil. That makes 2 Lexus' on Team BHP I guess. Your new steed looks handsome. See if you can pen a review even though it will be based off base in Pune if I read right. Many happy miles.
Those pics are of the test drive car. I should get delivery this week. Will post more pics then and a short review here itself. Sorry for hijacking your thread

Yes the car will be Pune based for the most part so I wouldn’t have as in-depth insight to justify my own thread review on it. However it will be within the family and all maintainence will be my headache(hopefully this one gives no headache!)
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 20:28   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms

Here she is! I’m in love with the color. Especially under light it looks great. In darkness it looks more black than blue.

Delivery was pretty standard. They delivered the car to my office as I had requested. No gifts or frills(heck they even made me pay for the carpet mats). Just got leather tissue box and keychains with Lexus embossed. Only half a tank of fuel.
Filled up the balance half tank and checked the air pressure which was 38! Got it down to 31 which is what I Maintain on most of my cars.

Barely driven it 7kms now on my daily commute which has some bad potholes and found the suspension very very cushioned after the tyre pressure was normalised.
Engine is super silent as expected. The multimedia is easy to use but graphics are a bit dated.

At 60 lakhs OTR it’s VFM for anyone who is not too keen on performance.

Might consider putting 3m PPF. Does the paint sealant thing really work? Also having experimental thoughts on the ceramic coating which seems to be the new fad. Need to figure a way to protect this lovely paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-99a1f32dddfd4916b4789000f8293ee0.jpeg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-eac228fbe17146ba9c1d6065a2dddb7c.jpeg  

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-c30160c341f943c9b5602b75a85074da.jpeg  

Sahil is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 21:43   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I’m in love with the color. Especially under light it looks great. In darkness it looks more black than blue.
Congrats on your new acquisition. Hope this is no replacement for your Audi ( 4 Cylinders + Electrical motor )

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post4332522

Quote:
Might consider putting 3m PPF.
I will recommend from my experience with Carbon Black on X5. It becomes very easy to maintain dark colours and is not much expensive. The whole car should cost you under a Lac.

Regarding your PM on Insurance, I checked, it's indeed Zero Dep, posting here a copy of the second page for benefit of others as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-screen-shot-20180110-9.42.29-pm.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th January 2018 at 22:01.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 22:11   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition. Hope this is no replacement for your Audi ( 4 Cylinders + Electrical motor )

Regarding your PM on Insurance, I checked, it's indeed Zero Dep, posting here a copy of the second page for benefit of others as well.
it’s def no replacement for my Audi. In fact this car won’t even be used by me in Bombay, it has been bought for our Pune office. It is for my uncle who is 65 and was using a F10 520d and an E60 520d before that. Was looking to get him the 7 given his history with the BMW brand but after discussing I felt a Lexus hybrid is a perfect fit for him while I can use the balance savings from the 7 to get my aunt a new SUV. She currently uses a previous gen Endeavour(this is their 3rd endy!) which she loves too much. Perhaps get her an F-pace or GLE250d.

Thanks for the insurance policy. It’s a brilliant rate you got. I could only manage 1 lakh inclusive of GST for an IDV of 56 lakh. Only problem with New India is that they don’t give consumables cover and their engine secure is 20% more which is quite high.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 15:44   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I’m in love with the color. Especially under light it looks great. In darkness it looks more black than blue.
Royal colour. You chose well. It has a metallic sheen that is meant to reflect in two different ways - one way in sun light and in another way in the night.
Quote:
which has some bad potholes and found the suspension very very cushioned after the tyre pressure was normalised.
Engine is super silent as expected.
Yes those two are the USPs. What would be interesting is to evaluate these two factors on the ES300 versus your S-Class. Please could you oblige.
Quote:
You wrung the last 4 annas out of them. Good going.
Quote:
Might consider putting 3m PPF
I would recommend it. Has worked very well for me.

Congratulations. You cannot get away with only 3 photos.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 16:33   #111
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the insurance policy. It’s a brilliant rate you got. I could only manage 1 lakh inclusive of GST for an IDV of 56 lakh. Only problem with New India is that they don’t give consumables cover and their engine secure is 20% more which is quite high.
Hi Sahil,

Great colour combo, same thing i am going for.

Getting a quote of Rs. 1,21,xxx/- for everything including zero dep, engine, tyres, etc. from Reliance.

Did you get something similar ?

Thanks.
Old 11th January 2018, 16:43   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post

What would be interesting is to evaluate these two factors on the ES300 versus your S-Class. Please could you oblige.
Dare I say it, the ride is noticeable more cushioned than the S over bad roads! Even though the S has air suspension and this doesn't. However, a new car always has that extra suppleness that doesn't usually last long especially in a Jap car. But I am hoping this one stands the test of time.

I am happy there is not much rubberband effect from the CVT, however, the engine begs not to be pushed ! I have been easy on the throttle as it is breaking in but I could sense that it is feeling strained when push it a bit hard. This is far from an enthusiasts car as can be.
That being said, the car has a charm that changes your driving style, imagine Usain Bolt wanting to do Ballet. I can get impatient in traffic and can't resist push harder on an open stretch but yesterday I felt cool as a cucumber and enjoyed the silence of the car gliding me home.

It is the smoothest car I have ever driven (I haven't driven any EV yet). The fact there is no engine vibration and sound at low speeds is erry at times but it's great for traffic situations. There is a nice whine that can be heard when you are slowing down the car when it's in running on battery. Feels like peek into into the Jetsons age!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post

Getting a quote of Rs. 1,21,xxx/- for everything including zero dep, engine, tyres, etc. from Reliance.

Did you get something similar ?
I took New India for 1 lakh for Zero dep only. For 1.21 with all the add ons is a good rate. Go for it.

I must add one gripe. The front seat is really short on thigh support and driving for a long distance could be a problem IMO. The seats even in completely high position seem low and don't give you a commanding view of the road hence the car does feel pretty wide and big to maneuver.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th January 2018 at 19:46. Reason: Posts merged.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 18:12   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The front seat is really short on thigh support and driving for a long distance could be a problem IMO
That's sort of Global issue with all Toyotas. Honda is far better amongst Japanese.

Quote:
the ride is noticeable more cushioned than the S over bad roads! Even though the S has air suspension and this doesn't.
Must be physiological, I had kept this for a Day in Canada and was not much impressed. It's a 40 K USD car and it will be unfair to compare it with something more than twice, Let's wait for some more days

Quote:
The fact there is no engine vibration and sound at low speeds is erry at times but it's great for traffic situations
Agree, I had a similar experience with Camry hybrid just that noise insulation and tyre noise in Camry are bad.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th January 2018 at 18:24.
Old 13th January 2018, 20:07   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

First Service at 10,000 kms

Net of taxes the first paid service at the 10,000 kms mark came to Rs 10,100.

In addition I took an interiors + exteriors cleaning package that cost a further Rs 15,000. The waxing and special interior cleaning is optional. I like these things. Inclusive of taxes = Rs 30,100. The service included the usual suspects - oil change, aircon filter change engine air filter clean, wheel balancing & rotation, brakes check. The hydrid part of the car needed no servicing other than the electronic diagnostic check. No parts changed other than one gasket (God knows where of). The brake pads were in (according to the service manager) in very good shape and could last till the 40,000 kms service. I may not wait that long till the last millimeter of pad and change at 30k. But lets see. The pads are about 11mm at new and had worn off by 1mm to 2mm.Lexus' pads may not be different from other makes. I think this is just my style of driving.

Car in at 11AM - car out at 4PM. I went to pick her up as I often do. They have a pick up and delivery service but as this was the first I decided to go myself. Time spent on review, payment & collection about 20 minutes.

At an average of 15 kms/litre the cost of operation is roughly Rs 5.93 per kms. Cost of operation covers fuel and the basic service (+taxes). I have excluded the beauty treatment in this calculation.

I prize the car's quietness and soft ride. It is a soothing car to drive even in Delhi-NCR's manic traffic. I bought a car to ride in comfort and enjoy top class after sales service and for that this fits to the tee.
V.Narayan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 21:58   #115
Senior - BHPian

1mm wear in 10k kms means in 40k kms the pads will have worn another 4mm, 6mm at most. So the service manager's estimate looks reasonable. Also I presume such advice is (or should be) usually given with some margin of error. So the actual life, till the pad is worn thin, could be 60k, but running them till 40k should be safe enough.

Being a hybrid I guess it won't have regenerative braking? That could potentially add some more lofe to the pads - rather retain their life.
Old 14th January 2018, 00:47   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

The relationship manager did tell me that the first service would be 10k and the Fe would be 14-15kmpl. I assumed he’s giving a sales talk but your confirmation is reassuring.
Did they use synthetic oil?
The interior and exterior detailing seems really steep. Hope it was worth the price.

Regarding the brakes, I found them effective but a bit spongy and soft compared to the Germans. Do you find the same feel?
Old 14th January 2018, 00:52   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Sahil, did you get it for 60 round figure and 1 lac cash discount ?

which sales ex did you deal with ? getting the same combo as you.

thanks for the help.
Old 14th January 2018, 09:35   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Sahil, did you get it for 60 round figure and 1 lac cash discount ?

which sales ex did you deal with ? getting the same combo as you.

thanks for the help.
60 was inclusive of the discount. You are anyways saving a lakh on your self Insurance too. I used the discount to buy extended warranty which was over and above the OTR price. I also picked a color combo from their in stock cars, mine was the last blue one so yours has been ordered from the plant after mine hence maybe you wont get that slight extra off which honestly in totality isn’t much. I suggest you close the deal rather than contemplate further as the offer seems to be over as Turbanator inquired in the north and was denied any discount.
Old 14th January 2018, 10:47   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The relationship manager did tell me that the first service would be 10k and the Fe would be 14-15kmpl. I assumed he’s giving a sales talk but your confirmation is reassuring.
Yes 14 to 15 is a reasonable expectation.
Quote:
Did they use synthetic oil?
Yes synthetic
Quote:
Regarding the brakes, I found them effective but a bit spongy and soft compared to the Germans. Do you find the same feel?
You get used to it. It is not that they are less effective just that the ergonomic factor with regenerative braking is different
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Being a hybrid I guess it won't have regenerative braking? That could potentially add some more lofe to the pads - rather retain their life.
It has regenerative braking
Quote:
Dare I say it, the ride is noticeable more cushioned than the S over bad roads! Even though the S has air suspension and this doesn't.
The two are certainly comparable. As you now own both your assessment would be valuable
Quote:
That being said, the car has a charm that changes your driving style, imagine Usain Bolt wanting to do Ballet. I can get impatient in traffic and can't resist push harder on an open stretch but yesterday I felt cool as a cucumber and enjoyed the silence of the car gliding me home.
You have described it well.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 20:46   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I suggest you close the deal rather than contemplate further as the offer seems to be over as Turbanator inquired in the north and was denied any discount.
My experience was based on last visit couple of months before, I got a chance to visit Dealership at Gurgaon again today and it was no different from earlier. They have offers on stock ES & RX & LX - Personal Road Tax is born by Dealership/ Lexus. Could not get a satisfactory response in case of company registration. I asked for a test drive which was not available due to some delegation visit ( per chances this is the third time they gave the same excuse!) Wonder if some Lexus company guy at Gurgaon is using the car on weekends or what?

No one bothered to explain anything or ask my contact details or even offer a glass of water. Mercedes / Volvo guys in Gurgaon are also in the same league but at least have some basic courtesies. I recollect even Toyota dealerships are better as they have some cafe day machines and the guys at reception definitely ask you.

Anyways, I will try for a test drive at Delhi dealership next time and hopefully, they will be different.

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th January 2018 at 20:49.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks