Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2018, 17:34   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmoysc View Post
Thank you Mr Narayan for this fantastic review and the regular updates . I have owned all the German marquees in last 10 years . It is because of this review I have now finalised Lexus ES . It would be added to my stable soon . Once again thanks !!!
Congratulations. Happy to share feedback with you if needed. Mine is the older model. You will be enjoying the new next generation model which based on my look & feel is better.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 10th November 2018 at 17:36.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 17:55   #152
BHPian

Lexus ES300h - Owner's Review. EDIT: 20,000 km update

I took the delivery of my Lexus ES today from the MGF Lexus , Janapath , New Delhi . It was a great experience.

I cannot express my thanks in words to Mr V Narayan who guided me in this entire process . It was an immense help . Will write a detailed review separately in few days .

Last edited by ajmat : 12th December 2018 at 19:53.
chinmoysc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 19:46   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms

Quote:
I took the delivery of my Lexus ES today from the MGF Lexus , Janapath , New Delhi . It was a great experience.

I cannot express my thanks in words to Mr V Narayan who guided me in this entire process . It was an immense help . Will write a detailed review separately in few days .
Congratulations @chinmoysc. Great buy. Wish you many happy & safe miles. You give me more credit than is due but I shall lap it up cheerfully. A review will take time. If you can please post a few pictures of your new car. My best wishes to you.

Last edited by ajmat : 12th December 2018 at 19:54. Reason: Corrected original post
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 10:12   #154
BHPian

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-imageuploadedbyteambhp1544848887.875118.jpg Taking Delivery of ES from Lexus Janpath

Lexus ES300h Ownership Review | EDIT: Bagheera celebrates 7 years and 76,000 kms-imageuploadedbyteambhp1544849206.365511.jpg will write a detailed review and post some interior pics .

Last edited by ajmat : 15th December 2018 at 10:48.
chinmoysc is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 10:28   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1827844 will write a detailed review and post some interior pics .
Congratulations @chinmoysc, that is a beautiful car in a great colour - that shimmering white. All the very best. You will enjoy its quietness.
Old 17th December 2018, 06:12   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
The Lexus is closing in rapidly on the 20k mark and will go in for its second service. I will be posting a report. If members have any questions I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Dear Sir,

I finished reading your entire ownership review in one go from 0230 to 0530.Your eye for details is super.I am a Radiologist by profession and a aviation enthusiast .Would have definitely been a aviator except for the fact that my eyesight wasn't good enough and in those days you couldn't do anything about it.My Father and Son both are aviators so I live my dreams through their experiences.

I need to get my father a car for his 80 th birthday and was zeroing in on the 520d. My son just got himself a X5 and I love driving it.Was quite satisfied with Deutsche Motoren at Mathura Road mainly since the person I dealt with seems to be their best salesperson and have known him since when he was with silver arrows.

The 520d is being offered by him at a reasonable OTR of 55 with Chandigarh registration where my parents live .My dad presently drives a 3 year old Altis with which he is quite happy but I need to give him a plusher car as a token for being a wonderful dad even though it means a big EMI outflow for me .
Both Dad and self value the same qualities in a car which you have stated.

Hope you can help me make the right decision .
Would you know the present price of your model and if there are any December offers ?

Thanks once again

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th December 2018 at 06:13. Reason: Formatting post.
cdrgill is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 07:29   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrgill View Post
I need to get my father a car for his 80 th birthday and was zeroing in on the 520d..
520d is not a smooth car, very likely to be a poor choice for your dad. Lexus ES is the only hybrid sedan in this segment, so it should surely be at the top of your list. If he enjoys driving then you can also look at the petrol options from the German car makers. Volvo S90 (though diesel) is also another great looking car. Unless you wish to surprise him, it's always better for him to test drive few options and decide for himself.
androdev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 08:23   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I need to get my father a car for his 80 th birthday and was zeroing in on the 520d. My son just got himself a X5 and I love driving it
The 520d is being offered by him at a reasonable OTR of 55 with Chandigarh registration where my parents live .My dad presently drives a 3 year old Altis with which he is quite happy but I need to give him a plusher car as a token for being a wonderful dad even though it means a big EMI outflow for me .
if there are any December offers ?
Convey our Best wishes to your Dad. There are some very large rebates on most BMW cars at this time, simply unheard in the past. As mentioned elsewhere, one should always negotiate on the Ex-Showroom prices, more so in Chandigarh, where Road Tax is calculated on Invoice Price Minus the GST. So even though it's 8 % almost the same like Haryana or elsewhere But is calculated minus the GST portion- have a look at the online calculator-

http://chdtransport.gov.in/webpages/amount_calc.aspx

I was negotiating for someone a 530-D and was offered close to 52 Ex-Showroom, didn't checked for 520-D though but In the past discounts on 520 were mostly higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
520d is not a smooth car, very likely to be a poor choice for your dad. Lexus ES is the only hybrid sedan in this segment, so it should surely be at the top of your list. If he enjoys driving then you can also look at the petrol options from the German car makers.
I agree with Androdev, Lexus should be in the top of your list, it feels different than others and will be far more comfortable & quieter than Germans. But if he like BMW then do try 530i.

If brands are not important, upcoming Camry will be a more sensible upgrade.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th December 2018 at 08:29.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 08:52   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hope you can help me make the right decision .
Would you know the present price of your model and if there are any December offers ?
Thank you for reading the owner's review. I would be pleased to assist you with whatever experience I have had with the ES300h. About the BMW I have no knowledge as I've never driven it. Fellow BHP brother Turbanator is the BMW guru with some serious knowledge on that brand. Lexus don't and won't offer discounts - it is their approach to business. The price, in Haryana, is the same as when I bought (the earlier model) at around Rs 70 lakhs all told including accessories. The exact price will vary from State to State.

As Androdev & Turbanator have suggested you should have your father test drive all the cars on your list. As you are spending, either way, half a crore or more, a test drive is highly recommended.

I do not know if there is a Lexus showroom/service centre in Chandigarh. If not Lexus will send it's team at each service to get your service done at the Toyota facility.

My best wishes. If you need feel free to PM me.
V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 10:05   #160

Thank you everyone for the prompt advice .
Being a bit slow in the uptake could you please guide me as to how to send a PM
He can't test drive it because it is supposed to be a surprise .
He will protest the massive sticker price because the partition generation have seen very hard times and have come up totally self made persons .
I drove the 520d 2018 model and since I am new to BMW it felt great but of course nothing to beat a inline six 530d .
Checked just now about the new Camry ,mid jan 2019 launch with bookings commenced .
cdrgill is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 11:20   #161
Team-BHP Support

I would second V Narayan on the Lexus. having driven the latest ES, it is very comfortable and competent and well finished externally and part of the interiors also. It is no drivers car but if you want to give something to your father which gives him peace of mind and pleasure. This is it.

The BMW may not have the space in the rear and maintenance costs do spiral. Add to that the diesel debates going on. Another car would be a Mercedes E220d but only if he is driven.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 12:06   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
could you please guide me as to how to send a PM
You will need to write some more posts before your newbie tag goes off here, there are some wonderful threads about Aviation, how about sharing or starting something new?

Quote:
He can't test drive it because it is supposed to be a surprise .
Wish my Son also thinks the same way

Quote:
He will protest the massive sticker price because the partition generation have seen very hard times and have come up totally self made persons .
I agree, my Mother will not even look at what car I bought, she feels its just wastage of money.

Quote:
I drove the 520d 2018 model and since I am new to BMW it felt great but of course nothing to beat a inline six 530d .
530-D is very different from the 520-D surely but considering his age and the overall traffic and intended usage, he will be more than happy with petrol one. I won't recommend 520-Diesel though.

Quote:
Checked just now about the new Camry ,mid jan 2019 launch with bookings commenced.
Lexus does operate at Chandigarh via the local Toyota Dealer - Pioneer Toyota and I can put you across their sales guy who handles both Lexus sales as well as Camry sales. ES will be definitely far better than Camry but then if you check the LS, you won't find ES to your liking
Quote:
My dad presently drives a 3 year old Altis with which he is quite happy but I need to give him a plusher car as a token for being a wonderful dad even though it means a big EMI outflow for me .
I think, he will be more happy with the new Camry, it will be a big upgrade over the Altis and will pinch you much less. It will also hold better resale in my opinion. If you need any help in Chandigarh with Toyota or BMW, you can drop me a message at - turbanator72@gmail.com.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th December 2018 at 12:11.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 15:48   #163
BHPian

I was told during my recent visit to Lexus showroom in Gurgaon that the ES is not available ex-stock and the earliest delivery can happen in Feb.
That's why, no discounts as on today,
Kindly re-check on this at their other showrooms.
Old 17th December 2018, 20:44   #164

Mod note: Post edited for readability. Please take time to Preview the post before submitting. Thanks.

Thanks for the valuable inputs friends.

Just got back from work where we barely get time to have 10 min for lunch and was unable to check Xbhp. Had emailed Lexus INDIA twice via their website for a test drive for the ES300h with no revert from them. Meanwhile ran into a colleague who owns a Camry hybrid and he put me on to his sales manager who confirmed that bookings are on for a mid jan 2019 launch. He sent a sales rep who reached me in 30 min and promptly booked the new Camry for a sum of 1 lac by cheque.

Expected launch price 42 OTR.

Haven't yet checked any reviews or photos. As Turbanator suggested could have booked via pioneer Toyota at chd but since I need to take a large loan it will be more convenient to take a DELHI dealer where I am based with registration at chd later. Anyway there are zero cancellation charges so not worried from that angle. Happy to read that my thoughts matched those of the experts. In defence of Lexus must say that I emailed them early morning before they opened for buisness and didn't get time to give them a call.

Some of the vehicles evaluated by me in the past few weeks with a test drive and reviews on you tube were BMW X5, X3, 3GT, 6GT, 320d, 530i, 520d, Passat, Tiguan, Tuscon, Kodiak, XC60, Superb L&K, Alturas G4 and Fortuner

Must mention the smooth engine and excellent noise insulation of the Alturas with very light steering which felt a bit over servoed.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th December 2018 at 20:48. Reason: Edited for readability.
cdrgill is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 21:42   #165
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the booking. Yours must be amongst first in NCR.

Tell them to deliver the car on a trailer to Chandigarh, they should bear the small charges. You won’t miss Lexus, although by my experience they used to be quick in answering to enquires on website. Maybe they have reduced manpower or some other reason.

They have got some success with ES but with the new Camry, it will get difficult in my opinion.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th December 2018 at 21:43.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks