Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2017, 17:46   #16
BHPian

Re: My fantastico - The pearlescent white Tata Tiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Congratulations on the car! Sure looks lovely in White

I thought XZ comes with Alloys?
It can be bought with and without alloys. Price is reduced if you do not take the alloys. I think this was started since they probably did not have sufficient stock of alloys initially but were getting lots of customers who were willing to buy without alloys.
ashokabs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 17:48   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on a very good looking car!

The Tata Tiago is certainly a well built and attractive looking car. Hope you have a wonderful experience both with the car as well as the improved Tata Motors service.

In Hyundai you do get the Grand i10 1.2 Petrol Sportz variant which is a 4 cylinder engine. Yes the diesel variants are priced higher.

But as a small car the Tiago works wonderfully well. When recently we had purchased a hatchback, I had taken a test drive and had noted similar points or concerns which you have mentioned, it is very sluggish in Eco mode and which I realised later. The 3 cylinder engine was a concern for me.
But with some time gone now and so many of these on the road, the Tiago engines have proved themselves. The audio system is certainly cool.

And the paint quality on Tata cars has improved by leaps and bounds with both the Hexa and Tiago proving it. Drive safe and keep munching miles in your little wonder.

Last edited by GTO : 7th November 2017 at 08:29. Reason: Poorly typed post
Sayeed is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 6th November 2017, 19:17   #18
BHPian

Congrats and wish you lots of happy miles.

I too own a June 2016 Tiago and it is very good so far. Few answers on your questions,
*The oil change is done every 15000kms or yearly, nothing much is done during the other services than cleaning and check up.
*I have found the eco mode to be useful in highway drives, one morning I got 27kpl on the mid using eco mode and speeds between 70-80kph. But if you slow down then you would have to downshift more in Eco mode.
*i10 grand and almost every other car under 10L has disc brakes only in the front. I have never had any issues with the stopping power of the brakes but my car's brakes have been very noisy right from the beginning and Tass have promised to change it under warranty during the next service. Get your brakes checked if you feel it's not sufficient.
*There is a handrest for Tiago in the official accessories, it's a bit expensive at 5500Rs, you will get cheaper ones from local or online stores. Most of them do not interfere with the handbrakes but they would cover the rear bottle holder.
*Tigor headlamps are sort of direct fit. One member in Facebook ATOM group has upgraded, it cost him around 10000Rs which is not that high.

I upgraded my cars bulbs to 90/100w since the stock bulbs where absolutely useless during highway drives at night and in rainy season and the service manager also told me to upgrade to higher watts as he also felt the stock bulbs are not sufficient. Now it's excellent, you should check the headlights in your car during long night drives. In Kerala most of the NH roads do not have lamps so we would sometimes feel like the headlights are not working with the stock bulbs.
Sam_GTR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 21:19   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on your Tiago. Its truly heartening to see positive ownership reviews of the new launches from Tata. The oil change period at 15000 kms is longer than the Celerio which needs an oil change at 10000 kms. Boot space is impressive and the fuel economy seems to be at par with its competition. All in all the Tiago comes across as a very competent car and its increasing sales reflect growing market acceptance.
GLAD73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 22:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSolEn View Post
Congratulations on acquiring such a beautiful car!It looks really beautiful in white
If you keep the tyre size same, then it should have no impact on the FE. Mods and seniors please correct me if I am wrong.

Tata service has definitely improved. I can second the same from my experience of the Nano over the last 1.5 years. Sorry if this is off-topic.

Wishing you and your family lots of safe and happy miles in your car!
Thanks a lot for your wishes and pointers. I have no plan of up sizing the wheel. Apart from FE, I have my doubts on the speedo meter and odo meter calibration. I feel up sizing might mess it up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirugnnanam View Post
Congrats on the new car! Wish you many happy miles in it!!
Maybe due to AC vent pointing towards the window glass.
Thirugnnanam
Thanks a lot for your wishes. That never crossed my mind. I will observe it next time and update. Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Congratulations on the car! Sure looks lovely in White .I thought XZ comes with Alloys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokabs View Post
It can be bought with and without alloys. Price is reduced if you do not take the alloys. I think this was started since they probably did not have sufficient stock of alloys initially but were getting lots of customers who were willing to buy without alloys.
Yes as you said Tiago can be bought without alloy wheels, I personally did not like the design. Plus I was able to save a few thousand rupees initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_GTR View Post
Congrats and wish you lots of happy miles

I too own a June 2016 Tiago and it is very good so far. Few answers on your questions,
*The oil change is done every 15000kms or yearly.
*I have found the eco mode to be useful in highway drives,
. Get your brakes checked if you feel it's not sufficient.
*There is a handrest for Tiago in the official accessories,
*Tigor headlamps are sort of direct fit. One member in Facebook ATOM group has upgraded, it cost him around 10000Rs which is not that high.

I upgraded my cars bulbs to 90/100w since the stock bulbs
-Thanks a lot for valuable inputs. Car is my weekend commute only. Bangalore, famous for its notorious traffic I prefer to use my two wheeler. I think there is plenty of time for oil change for me. By any chance did you try full synthetic oil ? You have already spent one and half year with the car, please share your experience in maintaining the car.

-I need to try that eco mode on my next highway drive.

-I need to get used to the brakes. I will however get it checked during my next service (hoping that they do it )

- I found the official accessories over priced. Will try and source it from other sources, provided if it is comfortable and has a bit of utility factor.

-Can you please share the facebook ATOM page link here. It will help other BHPians too. If it is around 10,000 Rs I might give it a serious thought.

-I am a bit afraid to upgrade the headlamp, I do not want to spoil the reflectors. We had upgraded the headlamp in Indica and the reflectors did not take it up very well.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 23:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
You have already spent one and half year with the car, please share your experience in maintaining the car.
Yes, my car is 1.5 years old and the biggest difference I feel now is that the car has become much more peppy and also is much more revv happy than before. I guess most of the credit will go to the new ECU firmware, Rn13, in which they have managed to sort out the power delivery better. After one and half year and 16500+km my car is lots of fun to drive, excellent Fe every time and even now I have people who sit in my car for less than 5kms and come out stunned by how good the car is for what it costs. The only issue I can say is few rattles that come on broken roads, my Tass has fixed alot by adding some foam material below the dash but some more still exists and I have gotten used to it too. I wax my car every 3 months and that's about it in the maintenance department. Except for the regular service I haven't done anything else. Few people have used fully synthetic oil and felt the car to be more smoother, I haven't used fully synthetic, it is available in Tass if you want. I'm planning to change the oil during 4th service cause I have been driving in slow moving traffic alot and also in hilly areas using higher revvs so even though it might not be necessary I might just change the oil.
The link to the Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1247697051919685/
The service manager told me that as long as the bulbs are 90/100w there are minimal chances of any issues but more than that can be dangerous also if a good relay is used with clean connections the warranty will also not get void. If you are planning to go on long trips with night driving don't think twice about upgrading to 90/100w bulbs. Here is a video with more info on how to change the bulbs and the performance with the new bulbs,
Sam_GTR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 02:16   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your maiden car purchase. Like your first love you will remember it all your life. The car looks beautiful what with those diamond tear drop headlamps and clean white colour. Safe miles.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 07:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
After one and half year and 16500+km my car is lots of fun to drive, excellent Fe every time and even now I have people who sit in my car for less than 5kms and come out stunned by how good the car is for what it costs.
Can you please share the FE figures for both city and highway? And how the car behaves on Highway? Is it comfortable for 700KM+ Drives?

I am thinking to downgrade from Sedan to a Hatchback once my wife approves. Its not easy to switch from a Hyundai Accent to any other similer segment car.
Old 8th November 2017, 08:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
performance with the new bulbs
This was really helpful. I might consider upgrading the headlights. I do not want any trouble with the cops for using non recommended headlights / dazzling headlights. Is it permitted ? Wont this blind the on coming drivers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
Can you please share the FE figures for both city and highway? And how the car behaves on Highway? Is it comfortable for 700KM+ Drives?

I am thinking to downgrade from Sedan to a Hatchback once my wife approves. Its not easy to switch from a Hyundai Accent to any other similar segment car.
The car is not uncomfortable on the highways. You may miss out on the comfort of a sedan, NVH levels are well controlled. For longer drives you might need better seat cushioning or a make shift back support (use a small pillow). Even at 100+ KMPH the car feels stable. I suggest you buy XZ trim so that you get ABS and airbags for your highway runs. As suggested by SAM_GTR in earlier posts, you can consider upgrading the headlights just to be on the safer side.

In city I get around 14-15 KMPL . On highways I get 20+ easily if I cruise around 80-90 KMPH. I use the blower and switch off the AC when it is not required.
girimajiananth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 09:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
This was really helpful. I might consider upgrading the headlights. I do not want any trouble with the cops for using non recommended headlights / dazzling headlights. Is it permitted ? Wont this blind the on coming drivers ?
Yes if the highbeam is used on coming traffic would suffer but I always use low beam as long as the on coming traffic also does. The light became so dense after upgrading the bulbs and the low beams are brilliant now. I'm planning on putting 30w fog lamps also cause the stock ones produce literally candle light brightness. Hopefully the cops won't make a problem so far I haven't had any issues. They probably won't as long as you use low beams and don't bother other drivers.
Old 8th November 2017, 09:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:

I am thinking to downgrade from Sedan to a Hatchback once my wife approves. Its not easy to switch from a Hyundai Accent to any other similer segment car.
Fe has always been very good for me. I get around 15kpl in slow moving traffic cause of broken roads with a light foot, and in open roads easily 25+kpl. If driven enthusiastically then the Fe would drop on highways to around 17kpl which is not that bad. Yes it is comfortable for long drives but as girimajiananth said it would help with some more support and a handrest. I have driven around 500kms continuously and I had no problem at all. And after the 3rd service it felt like the car just became quicker and smoother.
Sam_GTR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 10:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Fe has always been very good for me. I get around 15kpl in slow moving traffic cause of broken roads with a light foot, and in open roads easily 25+kpl. If driven enthusiastically then the Fe would drop on highways to around 17kpl which is not that bad.
Thanks.

Are these figures for Petrol Variant?
If yes, than XZ Revotron seems perfect for me.
Old 8th November 2017, 10:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

Are these figures for Petrol Variant?
If yes, than XZ Revotron seems perfect for me.
Yes I have a XZ Petrol. On road now in Kerala is around 5.5L without alloys. Get a nice long TD and see for yourself.
Sam_GTR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 21:37   #29
BHPian

Last week this happened. Completed 6000 hassle free KMS and second free service a little bit earlier than expected.
Attached Thumbnails
My fantastico - The pearlescent white Tata Tiago-img20171231wa0038.jpg  

girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 21:51   #30
BHPian

Completed 8000Kms last month on Tiago. I have lot of travelling to do in the month of april
My fantastico - The pearlescent white Tata Tiago-tiago7800k.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks