Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 26th July 2018, 13:50   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia

I have to admit, this is one thread filled with a lot of OCD, and I am sure you would take this as a compliment than a personal attack (I wanted to use the "A" word, but I guess that would definitely get me banned )

This one thread that reminded me on how life has taken me to a point where I started ignoring stuff, to the point where people started pointing out things and I had nothing to say but excuses.

This thread is pure motivation. Thanks for penning it down so beautifully.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 14:37   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Any one knows from where can I procure left rear view mirror for cedia. Had a minor accident. Couldn't find anywhere online also. What is car model in usa matching cedia. I guess it is called lancer only in us.
Hi Avimal,
I was able to procure mirrors from Khan Market in Delhi. I guess they'll be available in Delhi's Kashmere Gate market as well. I'm not in the city anymore, so can't help more than that.

A separate problem I had was with the indicator stalk malfunctioning, and the radiator top cracking. I was able to get these fixed very very easily in Delhi. The top for the radiator cost Rs. 2,000, while the indicator was fixed for a measly Rs. 100. Delhi definitely has a bunch of brilliant mechanics for this machine!
Attached Thumbnails
Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20180407_140810.jpg  

sukrit7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 18:36   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Hi Avimal,
I was able to procure mirrors from Khan Market in Delhi. I guess they'll be available in Delhi's Kashmere Gate market as well. I'm not in the city anymore, so can't help more than that.

A separate problem I had was with the indicator stalk malfunctioning, and the radiator top cracking. I was able to get these fixed very very easily in Delhi. The top for the radiator cost Rs. 2,000, while the indicator was fixed for a measly Rs. 100. Delhi definitely has a bunch of brilliant mechanics for this machine!
Hi Sukrit7,
I am based at Bangalore. Is there someone in Delhi who can ship to Bangalore?
It is becoming difficult to get parts for cedia in Bangalore.
Old 3rd August 2018, 12:56   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sukrit7,
I am based at Bangalore. Is there someone in Delhi who can ship to Bangalore?
It is becoming difficult to get parts for cedia in Bangalore.
Hi Avimal,
I'm not too sure about that. I usually go scouting around the markets and find different parts through different stores.

I will PM you a few numbers. You can see if something can be worked out. Alternatively, I can bring one for you sometime. I travel frequently to Blr but you'll need to wait a month or two.
Old 5th December 2018, 19:46   #140
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a help if possible..

Looking for FAN & MOTOR KIT,HEATER MR958181 (SPARE PARTS FOR MITSUBISHI MOTOR VEHICLES)

Do you know where i can source this part from in India.. Have tried all channels of mine but no help.
Attached Thumbnails
Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-whatsapp-image-20181205-14.31.31.jpeg  

Old 20th December 2018, 19:51   #141
BHPian

I am also finding it very difficult to source parts for cedia. I could not source side mirror yet. This will be the only reason if I have to sell cedia in future. What car could be the upgrade to cedia in current times?
Old 20th December 2018, 20:19   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am also finding it very difficult to source parts for cedia. I could not source side mirror yet. This will be the only reason if I have to sell cedia in future. What car could be the upgrade to cedia in current times?
eBay is your friend. Use it.
Old 21st January 2019, 19:41   #143
BHPian

I have a Red Cedia Sports that was purchased exactly this date in 2010. Clocked 152,000 kms between my and son. Do not want to let it go but the availability of spare parts is a big concern. I live in Bangalore and need some advice on how to go about it.
Old 21st January 2019, 22:42   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanp23 View Post
I have a Red Cedia Sports that was purchased exactly this date in 2010. Clocked 152,000 kms between my and son. Do not want to let it go but the availability of spare parts is a big concern. I live in Bangalore and need some advice on how to go about it.

Hello.. Sold out my Lancer GLXD and looking for a Cedia now. Spare parts was the main issue highlighted by many of my friends. But when I inquired, local showroom guys said, they have everything and also the workshop which I sent my lancer for service when I was in Chennai confirmed, everything is available with them. May I know what exactly is your issue? (which part) Is it not available or taking time?
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:58   #145
BHPian

I need to address the sound while turning the Steering Wheel. The Gear Box is too tight. The brake pads. All these three are the main requirements.
Old 22nd January 2019, 18:41   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepgnair View Post
Hello.. Sold out my Lancer GLXD and looking for a Cedia now. Spare parts was the main issue highlighted by many of my friends. But when I inquired, local showroom guys said, they have everything and also the workshop which I sent my lancer for service when I was in Chennai confirmed, everything is available with them. May I know what exactly is your issue? (which part) Is it not available or taking time?
I am not able to find side rear view mirror glass for 6 months. Checked with ASCs.
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:23   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arighna.dutta View Post
For a long time there are no updates from your end :-), request you to share more about your Cedia and all the new mods. Hopefully, you are not planning to sell your car or have not sold off your car.
Thank you. The car will not be sold. A lot of blood sweat and tears have gone into getting the car to this shape and doing the same again for another car probably isn't worth it for me. I'll probably run this to the ground.

Quote:
I am also finding it very difficult to source parts for cedia. I could not source side mirror yet.
Left : https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-mirror-7090741/

Right : https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-mirror-7090742/

A lot of people have been asking me for an update, I'm caving in and posting one. I hope this clarifies most doubts and please don't expect any from me in the future.

Sometime last year The underbody got a complete and thorough cleanup and an underbody coat. It didn't need one but I had cans of them lying around, might as well use them up.

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 1454
Size:  80.3 KB

Any and all forms of corrosion were tackled with.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-02.jpg

Wheels got a makeover

Name:  03.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  70.4 KB

Car got its yearly detail with a ceramic coat this time

Name:  04.jpg
Views: 1455
Size:  94.0 KB

Name:  05.jpg
Views: 1468
Size:  88.0 KB

How it looked couple of months later

Car was just chugging along like a champ, going places where most people don't dare

Name:  06.jpg
Views: 1430
Size:  154.6 KB

Name:  06b.jpg
Views: 1434
Size:  103.2 KB

Bangalore got flooded, that didn't stop me from having fun on the roads

Went to Ravi's OvVerknighter at Ooty and this was my favourite picture

Name:  06a.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  67.4 KB

Had fun driving up Kotagiri hills for the meet too

Parents went to the USA and came back with a suitcase full of goodies for the Cedia

Name:  07.jpg
Views: 1429
Size:  89.3 KB

DIY Hardware EGR blanking and removed all extra hoses/actuators associated with EGR.

Name:  08.jpg
Views: 1433
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  09.jpg
Views: 1420
Size:  92.8 KB

Custom 3D printed parts thanks to DBHPian graaja

Name:  10.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  84.5 KB

There's nothing going wrong on my car or needs fixes so started fixing others cedias. Look at my car, all sad and neglected in the background while I'm playing around with another Cedia and a 328i

Name:  14.jpg
Views: 1415
Size:  91.7 KB

BHPian CBlazr dropped in for a few fixes.

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 1420
Size:  87.4 KB

I know you guys love engine bay shots so here you go. Valve cover was completely covered in oil and grime, looks clean in the before picture since I cleaned it off while changing the valve cover gaskets.

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 1408
Size:  135.7 KB

Name:  13.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  142.9 KB

Car crossed the 1 lakh KMs mark which means its due for a new timing belt

Name:  15.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  46.5 KB

Parts lined up for change

Name:  16.jpg
Views: 1407
Size:  121.8 KB

Out with the old

Name:  17.jpg
Views: 1403
Size:  140.0 KB

In with the new

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-18.jpg

Yes - I did all of this by myself at home.

Name:  19.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  91.2 KB

As expected, everything taken off was cleaned thoroughly before fitting them back in

Name:  20.jpg
Views: 1384
Size:  153.7 KB

Name:  20a.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  76.3 KB

Last job, change spark plug tube seals since 2/4 started leaking. Changed the valve cover gasket while at it

Name:  21.jpg
Views: 1375
Size:  144.8 KB

First start up, phew the engine did not explode.

With so many fixes, I went the extra mile and changed everything else that could be changed.

Name:  22.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  127.9 KB

Name:  24.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  128.5 KB

Custom splash guard, no more dirty engine/gearbox

Name:  25.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  98.9 KB

Made a new cabin light, it came out way too bright. Do remember I have 50% tints on the sides and still it lights up as if its daylight

Name:  26.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  76.5 KB

Engine bay given its yearly detail

Name:  27.jpg
Views: 1384
Size:  114.9 KB

Drove to Mangalore after these fixes and happy to report the engine did not explode. I did not expect this but refinement has gone up couple of notches, car is more silent and vibe free! Met few BHPians in a meet and had a good time. Most favourite picture of the trip is with james's turbo baleno and Minnie!

Name:  28.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  142.8 KB

With the car looking so good, I'll be postponing the yearly detail for another 6 months then take a call. The only preventative maintenance box left to check is the front suspension which will be tackled soon.Afterwards, absolutely everything will be fixed and I don't expect anything to go bad on the car for a long long time to come.
SunnyBoi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:32   #148
BHPian

I dont need another Mitsubishi Cedia, but I am willing to buy yours any time you want to sell it, and keep my old car for parts

Just joking, I know you love this car too much to part with it.
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:33   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
A lot of people have been asking me for an update, I'm caving in and posting one. I hope this clarifies most doubts and please don't expect any from me in the future.
Hey, welcome back SunnyBoi! It's a treat to read the posts on your Cedia. Thanks for sharing!

And the question I've wanted to ask for a long time - why have you decided to stop posting?
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 08:19   #150
BHPian

Thank you very much. I had bad experience with boodmo earlier but i will give it another try.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed