Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2019, 13:10   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia

My big regret is passing up on this Dark Blue Cedia Sports in the classifieds a few months ago, owner had some decent mods and was quoting 4.3l for it which I thought was about 80k more than what I would part with. And now I am back on my 5 year old quest for finding a less abused, well maintained Red/Yellow Cedia sports.
Your thread makes me think I should've opted for that car a few months ago.

Also is that Baleno-Cedia pic from Mangalore? There's only 2 Cedias here and one of which is a TN reg which I haven't seen in a few months now. Hopefully I'll find one this year.
Old 17th February 2019, 14:23   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Also is that Baleno-Cedia pic from Mangalore?
Yes it is. It's from the day after this meet.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-...ml#post4522466 (Mangalore - Udupi Meet on Jan 13th, 2019)

Sunny and his Cedia were the guests of honour at this meet.

I guess you missed this thread and the meet. Hope to see you at the next one.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 10:33   #153
BHPian

Can someone pls share parts catalog of cedia? Looking for part number of front shocker struts.
Old 25th February 2019, 13:09   #154
BHPian

Just completed going through the entire thread, from the beginning till this very post the thread blew my mind simply because of the hands on approach of SunnyBoi. I admire the elbow grease and passion that has gone into the Cedia. I personally would love to one day be able to work so hands- on, on my car.
It is saddening to read that SunnyBoi has decided not to keep posting
Any particular reasons why?
Old 1st March 2019, 07:44   #155
BHPian

Anyone having experience with excel power front shockers struts? These aftermarket ones are very cheaper alternative to origiinal Mitsubishi ones. I am not able to find any other available in aftermarket.
Old 1st March 2019, 10:33   #156
Senior - BHPian

This thread is a virtual gold mine, if not for technical stuff, for sheer inspiration for DIY. Also wondering why Sunny has decided not post any more.
Old 12th March 2019, 19:29   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

With so many fixes, I went the extra mile and changed everything else that could be changed.

Attachment 1839895
Why the Sudden change from the usual Petronas to Motul Gearbox oil ? A couple of posts back I see you swearing by and using Petronas but here it is Motul ?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 12th March 2019 at 19:33.
Old 22nd March 2019, 13:08   #158
BHPian

I continue to own my Cedia, precisely 9 years and 2 months. Clocked 154,000 kms, it has been my workhorse on all road trips in and out of Bangalore. Recently got a major overhaul at South India motors, Coimbatore who were able to get OEM parts. The car is super smooth even today. Another RED
karanp23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 17:54   #159
BHPian

For me this is the definitive Cedia thread and I wanted to share a little story about mine May 2008 Red one.

I had got a major service done in Jan 2016 which included a suspension overhaul and the works. All through all services have been with the Authorised service centre. The running was very very low after the ‘16 service and the last I ran the car was October ‘17. After that it was just parked with an occasional crank once every 3-4 months. Due to various reasons, and I admit purely my fault, the last crank I gave was Mar ‘18. After that nothing- out of country et al but basically pure laziness.

Anyway, a full year on, it’s Apr ‘19 and I suddenly wake up to the fact that the Cedia needs to be brought back to life. Got the battery changed. Very sceptically put the key into the ignition and switched it on. Unbelievably the car started in the first go. No drama, no fuss at all.

I was ecstatic. Had beforehand made preparations to send it for repairs/service and whatever would be required. Oil/filter/brake pads etc were changed by the garage.

The story now gets more interesting. No bulbs required a change except one rear right brake light bulb which I knew from earlier had fused. While the work is going on, do note that the AC hadn’t been switched on yet. I was expecting fully well that the gas would obviously have leaked or would need a change. It hadn’t been switched on in 12 months. I asked the garage how much would it cost. He says let’s see how bad it is. While the conversation is happening, we turn the AC knob and the AC starts cooling as effective as if it’s brand new. Simply unbelievable. I have had two Fiats, continue to own one and a Hexa as well and have no doubt that neither of the other cars would have been such fuss free as the 11 year old Cedia.

Having gone through this experience, wife and I have been wondering about the excellent build quality of the product.

Last edited by maven : 22nd May 2019 at 18:00. Reason: removed word entered twice
maven is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 21:23   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Having gone through this experience, wife and I have been wondering about the excellent build quality of the product.
What a pleasant little story to read. Look after her mate!

And so true about build quality & engineering. After all they built one of the most potent WW2 planes, the revered A6M Zero fighter.
No cars of today (including the current generation PajeroSport) generally make the same impression as the good old Lancer, Cedia & the Pajero. You look at the iconic Pajero in red & white colours, no matter how old, you respect it. You know it means business & its built for the long run. Same goes for the Lancer-Cedia. It has never happened yet that I didn't stop to turn around and watch these 3 go away into the distance...Beauties & the beast.
Reinhard is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 19:16   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
What a pleasant little story to read. Look after her mate!

And so true about build quality & engineering. After all they built one of the most potent WW2 planes, the revered A6M Zero fighter.
No cars of today (including the current generation PajeroSport) generally make the same impression as the good old Lancer, Cedia & the Pajero. You look at the iconic Pajero in red & white colours, no matter how old, you respect it. You know it means business & its built for the long run. Same goes for the Lancer-Cedia. It has never happened yet that I didn't stop to turn around and watch these 3 go away into the distance...Beauties & the beast.
Absolutely, I am enjoying the ride quality even after 155,000+ kms...Nothing closer to this beast..
karanp23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 11:14   #162
Senior - BHPian

I will soon put up our 2006 (December) Cedia Select for sale since I am planning to relocate out of India in a couple of months.
It seems the valuation of the car varies quite a bit across various 'used-car' websites; quite unsure why.
Old 6th June 2019, 10:16   #163
BHPian

Fellow members,

Need help for evaluating a used cedia for a friend
2010 sports model done around 80k kms in Kolkata
what are the specific things one should look for (I feel Kolkata traffic and driving style is really rash) ?
I know the basics like insurance claim history, service records etc.
What would be fair price to pay ( 2 owners on paper)? I assume around 50-55k will be needed to registration transfer ( I paid around 25k for transferring my '08 i10 recently)

Specific question to Cedia owners-
Is it worth buying now?
How difficult ( money & effort in sourcing spares etc.) is it to get one back to pristine shape.
Willing to put in effort ( I have restored a w124 in past but Mumbai had mechanics, spare parts dealers and V-16)
My city Jamshedpur has no mitsubishi dealer and I have only seen one cedia in whole of Jharkhand till date.
There is only dealer is in Ranchi, my friend has been in touch with them for used cedias and they too do not know of another cedia in the state.

Car would be used occasionally as he has multiple cars. Motivation to buy is simply that he ( and I too) simply love how the cars looks especially the Oz alloys and Momo steering.
He loves the abarth punto too but then it is much more expensive and does not seem to make sense (many flaws) if one is not into spirited driving.

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 6th June 2019 at 10:20.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 10:10   #164
BHPian

Can someone help me to source coolant tank for my cedia? Its gone missing second time from my car in last 2 years.
Old 17th June 2019, 12:33   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
This is the go to thread for Cedia!

The indicator and headlights don't engage every time I switch them on using the right stalk. Called up the Mitsubishi workshop and the problem is that of the combination switch. Cost 7753. Have asked them to get it. Will take a month to procure. Somehow seems more comfortable using the official route for it

Now the second hygiene issue is that some retard must have pulled out the grill of the car, the one which is in front of the co-passenger. The cost of that 1/2 grill is 6018 bucks. Atrocious pricing. And it will be in black which I will need to get painted Red to match the colour of the car.

My question therefore is-- is there anyplace else where I can source the Cedia grill from. I don't think it makes sense to pay 6 grand for it using the official route for parts for this specific item.

Hi Maven,

I have a 2012 sports. I am facing problem with headlight stalk. Left turn signal doesn't work 95% of the time, sometimes goes for 3 blinks and dies. High-beam doesn't activate on pulling stalk, works very rarely. Sometimes instrument cluster lights act up, start flickering.
I got it checked from Asian Motors, Delhi about the same. Their experienced service adviser suspected that it is the stalk that is faulty. He said either connections need to be cleaned or new stalk worth ~Rs 7000 will sort it.
On the other hand, I asked a guy who's into Cedias from a long time. He says everything is fine, it is just a relay under the hood that controls headlights. It needs to be cleaned or maybe replaced with the new one for ~Rs 200. He says no need to open headlight stalk, its just a way of selling spares by service centers.

As you also faced a similar issue in past, what was the problem? Was it faulty stalk or some relay related issue. Anyone else facing this issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks