Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2016, 22:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Can you give me part number of the original Mitsubishi rotors?
I am mainly interested in the front ones only.
MR510741 / MR510742

Name:  brakes.png
Views: 7454
Size:  116.6 KB
SunnyBoi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 09:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
From where you got the permatex grease? I tried every where not available here. Only option is to buy from US.
I got mine from the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

Although while installing I realised my passenger side reflector was drooping down, the screw holding it up as per headlamp adjuster level has fallen off. I need to open up the headlamps to fix it, I might as well put in projectors in them.
So, my week began with removing the bumpers.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161102_115051.jpg

Bumper cleaned. Note that all tabs in the bottom portion are broken off. All thanks to shoddy repairs done by Mitsubishi showroom. Outer mount points for both fog lamps are broken and they vibrate when driving. Sigh..

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161102_123147.jpg

My work area

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161103_151835.jpg

Tabs fixed, one tab for the side skirt missing for now; will be attached later. Also note that all mount points for the center grill/air duct are broken everything will be fixed to perfection soon.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161103_202545.jpg

Broken fastener for headlight replaced with a new one.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161106_081417.jpg

Fog lamps cleaned and painted

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161107_192646.jpg

Every crack on the bumper and every mount point fixed and reinforced with steel for the air ducts, fog lamps and bumpers. I'm sure no one will go into this much of detail when fixing bumpers no matter how much you're willing to pay them

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161108_080745.jpg

Added a plastic grill for the air ducts. Dont know if it will be function but sure looks good.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161108_080647.jpg

Bumper area cleaned up

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161110_085913.jpg

Battery, airbox removed and these areas finally cleaned up now. Before :

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161110_085914.jpg

Heater hoses before

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161110_102900.jpg

Heater hoses after

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161110_112919.jpg

All cleaned up

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161111_091042.jpg

Philips wiring kit hacked up to power HIDs for headlamp and foglamps

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161112_152403.jpg

I have covered some more details on projector conversion in below posts

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4091602

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4095165

Upgraded lights! yay! Fianlly changed back to the big number plates up front.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161114_094500002.jpg

Made a short shifter. OEM shifter below and short shifter on top and in black.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161116_091238.jpg

Made base shifter bushes out of steel. Makes a massive difference in shift feel. OEM rubber bushes on the left

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161116_075958.jpg

Here is a video of the short shifter in action. Shifts are nice and meaty, there is absolutely zero rubbery feel whatsoever, not that it had a lot to begin with.

Airbox replaced with a UNI filter and a second MAF sensor was added

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161117_090250.jpeg

Signing off!
Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161117_09025001.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 16:44   #18
BANNED

Please explain why you need a second MAF Sensor. Is it create more restriction for air flow?
Old 25th November 2016, 19:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Dear SunnyBoi,
Very nice work. The short shifter is amazing. I should order one from you.

Do you know if the headlamp levelling motor is part of the headlamp assy or can be sourced separately?
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 16:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
Please explain why you need a second MAF Sensor. Is it create more restriction for air flow?
It is there for a good reason however I'll keep it with me for now

Quote:
Dear SunnyBoi,
Very nice work. The short shifter is amazing. I should order one from you.
Thanks, the work I do is for my cars alone and I dont sell parts!

Quote:
Do you know if the headlamp levelling motor is part of the headlamp assy or can be sourced separately?
The motor can be removed from the headlight. Twist the whole levelling motor 90* and it can be pulled out. There is no clearance for it to be removed when headlamp is on car so if you want to remove it, you need to take out the headlamps first.

As far as I know, the motors aren't available separately. Are you sure the motors have gone bad and wiring instead hasn't gone bad? Both my motors arent working, switch seems to be good I'll check up the wiring and see if its the culprit.

Meanwhile, a new rear engine rollstop mount arrived from Florida.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img20161120wa0009.jpg

As far as the ECU works go, I'm running the USA 120hp lancer map with little modifications. It has been running relaibly without any issues since 5 weeks and 1500KMs.

Few days back, went to Chikmagalur and back. Got 12.2KMPL with 100% AC and me redlining in 3rd all the way like a madman. Couldn't be happier

Few pics from Markonahalli Dam :

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161127_1032000101.jpg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161127_10451101003.jpg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161127_10454601.jpg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161127_10534501.jpg

The projectors faced their first night drive and performed flawlessly over 5 hours. The upgraded lights was enough for me to drive at triple digit speeds on the highway without any worry.

Next week it will only get better; I expect the light output to exactly double
SunnyBoi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 14:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your post with all the pictures, it makes for a nice read. When your light output doubles, I hope you have some way of ensuring that it doesn't become a nuisance to drivers coming down the other way, not to mention a major safety hazard.

I mention it up because I'm one of those deeply concerned about the use of excessively bright headlamps and high beams on other vehicles that make night driving painful and dangerous. Without implying that this is true in your case, I'm curious if the doubling of output is only on high beam.
skandyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 16:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The motor can be removed from the headlight. Twist the whole levelling motor 90* and it can be pulled out. There is no clearance for it to be removed when headlamp is on car so if you want to remove it, you need to take out the headlamps first.

As far as I know, the motors aren't available separately. Are you sure the motors have gone bad and wiring instead hasn't gone bad? Both my motors arent working, switch seems to be good I'll check up the wiring and see if its the culprit.
I had them checked a few years ago, one of them was found to be not working at all. Now I do not remember what all was tested. But I am living with it for many years now.

Quote:

Waiting..
Old 9th January 2017, 23:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Waiting..
I wasn't keeping well last month and so the lighting project got delayed. Finished it few days back! Big shout of thanks to Kumar Gaurav from GM Works for providing me with bulbs, ballasts and sealants used in the whole project.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-00.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
Thanks for your post with all the pictures, it makes for a nice read. When your light output doubles, I hope you have some way of ensuring that it doesn't become a nuisance to drivers coming down the other way, not to mention a major safety hazard.

I mention it up because I'm one of those deeply concerned about the use of excessively bright headlamps and high beams on other vehicles that make night driving painful and dangerous. Without implying that this is true in your case, I'm curious if the doubling of output is only on high beam.
Low beam with all lights on

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-02.jpg

High beam with all lights on

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-03.jpg

A video of the lights and the cutoff..needs work, plus I'm having minor wiring issues with the left headlight and its off. Effectively this is with 3 projectors. I have 70% sunfilm on my front windshield and that is effectively reducing the brightness; this video was captured from my dashcam.

Cleaned up the wiring a bit and added waterproof tyco/amp connectors for high beam solenoids. Earlier they were hardwired because I ran out time/patience last time

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-001.jpg

Got bored with the OZ alloys and shifted back to the 6 spoke alloys. But first, gave them a rattle can paint job.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-04.jpg

I got 4 coats per alloy with a single can; total 16 coats!! amazing. The can cost me ~650 which is extreme VFM.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-05.jpg

Currently the metallic flakes are very muted and gives a satin finish. Ig you want more gloss, get a can of clear coat and give them a good coat.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-06.jpg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-07.jpg

Got a flippy key and put one of my spare remotes into it, now I have a fully functional third key!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-08.jpg

All my keys and remotes in action

I had mentioned few posts back that I'll be swapping the master cylinder. Today was the day!

An attempt to bench bleed the new master cylinder did not go well. I had to use my right angles shelf to hold the mas cyl in place since I didn't have a bench vice hehe

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-09.jpg

Borrowed a MityVac from my two wheeler mechanic to try it out when bleeding the brakes

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-10.jpg

Unfortunately it didn't work well for me. Went back to using my trusty syringe.

The brake fluid had turned dark in just 9 months! This was mainly due to last flush&bleed wasn't so thorough.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-11.jpg

New master cylinder next to the old one

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-12.jpg

It looks so White and PRETTYYYYY

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-13.jpg

Start bleeding the clutch first. You'll see the dark green old fluid collecting in the rightmost compartment, in comparision clean and fresh fluid on the first 2 ones.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-14.jpg

Clutch done, move on to the brakes! Do note the clutch part of the reservoir is independent of the brakes; if clutch circuit starts leaking, brakes wont fail. Clever!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-15.jpg

All done! The clutch fluid looks darker, maybe I should have flushed it more. Oh well...

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-16.jpg

The whole bleeding process was done using a piece of pipe and a syringe. I never had to pump/press the brake pedal, not even once and I had perfect clutch and brakes when I was done. It took me less than an hour for 4 wheels and a clutch, not bad I reckon.

Last month I had been to Mangaluru for a dear friend's wedding and a christmas outing at Chikmagalur. Few pictures!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-19.jpeg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-17.jpg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-18.jpg

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 10th January 2017 at 00:03.
SunnyBoi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 01:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last month I had been to Mangaluru for a dear friend's wedding
I forgot to mention I got an insane mileage of 14KMPL going to Bekal and Mlore.

One day of roaming around Mlore and I tanked up. I got shocked to see how less fuel went in. 6.5L for 102KMs, that's 15.5KMPL that too with 100% AC

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20161219_221230.jpg

Second half of January had a ot of drives coming up. First was the TBHP Breakfast Meet to Kamat Upachar. Me, Nikhilb2008 and Mohankv had fun driving to the meet!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170121_071959.jpg

From 15.5KMPL, it dropped to 8.5KMPL for this drive, ouch!

In the meanwhile, swapped a few cluster bulbs to high power LED ones since someone complained they aren't bright enough and yet the dimmer works beautifully.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170130_205803.jpg

Swapped nuts holding the struts to new ones since the old ones had faded, they were bugging me for a long time. Glad to see the new shiny nuts!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170131_081135.jpg

Next, I got myself a pair of Bixenon HID foglamps to replace the stock foglamps for more light. Took off the bumper and swapped them. They weren't direct fit but hey, I made them fit well.

Left is the new bixenon HID projector wherea the right is the stock foglamp projector.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170204_160356.jpg

I had couple of kawaii mechanikitties helping me out

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170204_161051.jpg

One of the screws holding the foglamp was stuck badly. Brought out the angle grinder and made short work of the damned screw.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170204_174413.jpg

Lights on!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170204_190327.jpg

A small video of the lights in action

Next morning was another early morning breakfast drive. We chose to go to Food Pyramid, 450KMs from Bangalore. I started from Esteem mall at 4.30am and reached Food Pyramid by 8.30am. We had a leisurely breakfast and started back, reached Blore in time for lunch.

Stopped on the way for a small photoshoot

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170205_07090201.jpeg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170205_07094001.jpeg

New foglamps look much better even when turned off

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170205_071206.jpg

Clicked this picture by coincidence

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170205_132837.jpg

Done for the day

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170205_161808.jpg

Ifyou though 8.5KMPL was bad, I got 7.5KMPL for the onward journey! The engine was always between 5-6K RPM and this was pretty much expected. I was a bit hesitant to go for the drive since my car had already done 13.5K KMs on old oil and embarking a 900KM drive while driving fast might have not been a good decision. However, everything is good! Another reason why I always stick with Motul Fully Synthetic oil for my car.
SunnyBoi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 17:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

When ordering parts from the US, what is the car model #, year that you use/refer to.

Also is there a website which one can access for parts list with complete details/part numbers to get the correct parts.

Quote:
I got mine from the USA.
Old 15th February 2017, 13:37   #26
BHPian

I'm totally awe-struck by the quality of the work done. If I had some help anywhere close to this, I would have never sold my Cedia. I miss the driving pleasure of that car.

Talking about my Cedia, I got a visit by traffic police recently. The current owner crashed into a highway divider, car caught fire and unfortunately, the person died. Sad.

Mods, if my post is not suitable here, please remove it.
troublemaker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 08:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

So I finally got the oil changed! Ended up running a bit over 15000KMs even with the tractor filter

I was curious on how the tractor filter operated, I got the filter back home, fired up my angle grinder and chopped it to see what's what

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170216_200308001.jpg

Not bad! There is barely any dirt, I could feel a bit of gritty materials when I dug deep into the pleats but I did not expect to see such less debris on a car that has run 15000KMs.

Talking about the filter, I was very impressed with the construction. The filter has metal endcaps on both sides, a functioning bypass valve incase the filter ever got clogged, lots of tall pleats and constructed well with even spacing. Heck its better than most oil filters available in the USA as well!

I was speaking to the mechanic who changed my oil, he said Elofic aren't allowed to use the word "Hyundai" or "Santro" in any of their oil filters and hence they're selling santro filters under the guise of a tractor. He uses the same elofic EK-6348 for santros.

Metal cap with the bypass valve

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-img_20170216_200324001.jpg

First impressions with the new oil, engine actually feels a bit rougher than before, although it might just be placebo as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
When ordering parts from the US, what is the car model #, year that you use/refer to.

Also is there a website which one can access for parts list with complete details/part numbers to get the correct parts.
I just search based on the part number, I dont use any model # or year on websites.I have a copy of Mitsubishi ASA for digging out the part numbers. Most of the time I just look at the part I have in my car for the right number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
I'm totally awe-struck by the quality of the work done. If I had some help anywhere close to this, I would have never sold my Cedia. I miss the driving pleasure of that car.
Thank you! I haven't found a mechanic who would work/fix my car as per my standards, oh well better do it myself!
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 09:49   #28
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! I haven't found a mechanic who would work/fix my car as per my standards, oh well better do it myself!
Great updates and congratulations!

Mind mentioning who is the mechanic? Can he also handle Outlander?
Old 17th February 2017, 10:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Great updates and congratulations!

Mind mentioning who is the mechanic? Can he also handle Outlander?
Sunnyboi is the mechanic himself
reignofchaos is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 20:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Great updates Sunnyboi,
My Cedia does not move more than once in a month - and that too for just a few KM.
So, I really have nothing to report.
The good part is the car always starts with a single crank and never stalls.
I gave up on the idea of putting fog lamps since I barely use the car and getting stuff from Aliexpress (not genuine) will probably not add much to the lighting.

In my case, after the projectors were installed, the headlamp assy never got sealed properly even after several attempts over the years. So eventually after a few showers, water gets inside the assy.
The projectors and the ballasts themselves are extremely reliable, though the light output is just average.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks