Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2017, 12:55   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
Please re-do the battery wiring with proper terminal cover and collect the trophy for best looking engine bay.
Indeed, the battery extension cable has to be shortened by ~1cm and the amp wires have to be re-routed along with the headlight wiring harness underneath the box.

I got pretty irritated at the lousy gloss finish on the airbox, I just wanted to put everything together and call it a day. Next week, I'll take everything apart and re-do it properly.
SunnyBoi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 07:28   #122
Senior - BHPian

Had a day to work on the car a month ago, attempted simple stuff as adding an EPDM seal to the door edge to kill wind noise.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-01.jpg

After the edge was put in, I noticed the side skirt was bulging out. This existed ever since I bought the car and it was a major irritation.

I just pulled out a bit of the side skirt and saw the horror - TONS of mud and dislodged clips. The clips looked familiar - I had new ones with me, so attempted a simple clean and fix back of the side skirts.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-02.jpg

After a while of fiddling, the side skirt was out. There was ~1.5KG of mud on both ends.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-03.jpg

I had to take it out of the house and wash it in the gutter - it had so much of mud and crap in it.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-04.jpg

Focusing back on the car, it seems someone attempted to press back the side skirt using Fevi Kwik. Ugh!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-05.jpg

Fevi Kwik traces removed!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-06.jpg

Bye bye old double sided tape!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-07.jpg

It took me a while, but managed to remove the rest of the 10 year old tape in a single piece with no residue!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-08.jpg

I was just looking around and I saw horrible mineral marks under the door - they had to be cleaned out.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-09.jpg

All done!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-10.jpg

Area behind the skirt got a basic polish and was given a ceramic coat. This part will never be visible, but doesn't matter, I want it to be shiny!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-11.jpg

I just pulled up the wheel well covers and guess what I found? More sand! At this rate, I'm sure the sand mafia will raid my house.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-12.jpg

Turns out the drain was blocked and all the sand got trapped. Well now the block is gone!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-13.jpg

Gave the area a basic cleanup. I'm happy there is no rust!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-14.jpg

Edges of skirt lined with quarter inch 3M VHB tape

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-15.jpg

Touched up all the scratches and edges. Had some paint left over so added an Easter egg for someone in the future to find out

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-16.jpg

New clips added in.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-17.jpg

Skirt fixed back. Phew!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-18.jpg

For once, I was happy to find a panel with no damage on the car. The paint on the skirt is in bad shape though as it was flaking off on the edges. I guess this is the first intact plastic body panel I found on the car now!

The car does look good now. I'm thinking of changing the colour of wheels to bronze. Good idea? Bad Idea? Any other suggestions?

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-ggg.jpg

Forward a month later, I hadn't washed the car yet! It has become a scribble board

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-01a.jpg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-02a.jpg

Thankfully all my car needs is a wash to look great again.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-03a.jpg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-04a.jpg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-05a.jpg

There was some damage thanks to an idiot two wheeler rear ending me.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-06a.jpg

It was dealt with very swiftly, as well as some damage on the rear quarter panel.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th December 2017 at 09:55. Reason: Typos
SunnyBoi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 08:06   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Touched up all the scratches and edges. Had some paint left over so added an easter egg for someone in the future to find out

Attachment 1704201

The car does look good now. I'm thinking of changing the colour of wheels to bronze. Good idea? Bad Idea? Any suggestions?
Couldn’t stop laughing after seeing the little “MUHUHAHAHA” in that picture, sir.

Also, IMHO, since you’re running factory alloys, bronze wouldn’t look great on them, but if you do want to bite the bronze bug, BBS wheels with a chrome lip would make the car look really good.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th December 2017 at 09:54. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 10th December 2017, 09:30   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

LOL! That easter egg was a stroke of genius. And TFS that video and the DIY.

BTW which Karcher machine do you have? I have a Bosch pressure washer and wanted to buy a 2nd one, this time a Karcher, but a compact model than the Bosch. Also, are those lights mounted inside the front grille or horns?

Last edited by R2D2 : 10th December 2017 at 09:31.
Old 15th December 2017, 11:40   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
BTW which Karcher machine do you have? I have a Bosch pressure washer and wanted to buy a 2nd one, this time a Karcher, but a compact model than the Bosch.
It's a Karcher K3.500. I bought it from a detailer who closed down around 3.5 years ago and its still going strong!

The week started with me going to Vasu's garage to swap out the front roll mount.

Stock Vs Evo. Its much bigger and solid ( no holes) and the mounting hole is higher; but it can be made to fit

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-03.jpg

There was a lot of water in the left headlight. I dont know how or when it got it, the headlights started fogging up ever since I fixed the headlight ( it was out of commission for ~8 months due to a busted bulb ). Dad finally told me he's had enough of seeing that cataract in his house and to fix it on priority. So I couldnt say no.

Bumper came off the remove the headlight. You can see how much water is there in the left headlight

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-04.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Also, are those lights mounted inside the front grille or horns?
I hope the above picture clarify your doubts. They're D2S projectors, same as the ones inside my headlights in a custom waterproof casing.

Once the headlight came off, I couldnt stop staring at this mess of wires and ballasts. All 3 ballasts on the left side werent secure and shoved in whatever available gap. This needed fixing first

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-05.jpg

There was space below the battery which was empty, plus I saw couple of holes where I can mount the ballasts. But how do I fix ballasts into wide holes? The frame rails arent accessible from the rear.

Enter nutserts.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-06.jpg

Fog and Aux ballasts were double mounted in the first with the headlight ballast fixed in the rear. Tied the two ballasts with a piece of cable tie to secure from the rear.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-07.jpg

I wanted to avoid using cable ties; took out the ballasts and put in two more nutserts to solid mound all the ballasts

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-08.jpg

Start tightening and both the mounting holes on aux ballast broke off :(

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-09.jpg

Oh well, had to revert back to cable ties to fix one ballast. I added a relay to power the fog projectors separately. Till now it was being powered by the main relay. Although powering 4 projectors from a single rail is well within its power capabilities, I want to isolate them both so I can have a separate switch for turning on aux projectors. Added corrugated tubing to major of the wires. It does not look pretty but its mounted solid.

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-10.jpg

So what happened to the headlights? Did I even touch them? Read more to find out!

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-01.jpg

Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia-02.jpg

PS : Attachments is broken again.

Last edited by GTO : 16th December 2017 at 09:23. Reason: PM coming up
SunnyBoi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 14:35   #126
Senior - BHPian

Hey,
Where are the rest of the posts? I am curious to know what happened to the headlamps.
My headlamps are also not sealed properly after the projector upgrade years ago (and repeated dismantling and resealing,) but I left it as is, since the only option is to buy the aftermarket headlamp assembly and throw the projectors out.

It is time for me to get brake pads and (possibly discs) replaced. Pads (front) cost about Rs. 2800 for Brembo.

Does anyone know where I can source the under-hood gray fabric/ insulator on the underside of the bonnet? Is it easy to replace or needs special skills to install?

There is some noise from the rear shock absorber at every low speeds and intermittently. My mechanic tells me that the shocker is not leaking, but the spring keeps hitting the top portion and makes this noise.
Old 27th March 2018, 20:15   #127
BHPian

Re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Fixed the new numberplate frame with german font plates
Which model year is your car from?

I ask because the KA03 MA- series of numbers is from '02. My old Alto was MA 9985 and that was a May '02 car. I know the Cedia wasn't out in '02 and I'm surprised you can go back to older series like that.
Old 28th March 2018, 18:12   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Just FYI, Sunnyboi hasn't posted on T-BHP in quite a while. Like since mid December '17. Not sure if he's active any more.
Old 31st March 2018, 14:02   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post

Which model year is your car from?

I ask because the KA03 MA- series of numbers is from '02. My old Alto was MA 9985 and that was a May '02 car. I know the Cedia wasn't out in '02 and I'm surprised you can go back to older series like that.
That's not his car's number. That's a 'semi-masked' plate in Sunny's muhahahaha style.
Old 6th April 2018, 11:19   #130
BHPian

Any one knows from where can I procure left rear view mirror for cedia. Had a minor accident. Couldn't find anywhere online also. What is car model in usa matching cedia. I guess it is called lancer only in us.
Old 13th April 2018, 09:34   #131
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Any one knows from where can I procure left rear view mirror for cedia.
Can you please check this link?

https://boodmo.com/catalog/3663-mirr...shi_cedia-2_0/
Old 13th April 2018, 10:23   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you please recheck that link?? It shows some 8 mirrors, out of which none can be procured from Boodmo. Boodmo recommends searching for them on amazon, snapdeal etc.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 11:10   #133
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Can you please recheck that link?? It shows some 8 mirrors, out of which none can be procured from Boodmo. Boodmo recommends searching for them on amazon, snapdeal etc.
Thank you sir for pinpointing the problem. Didn't notice the recommendation from boodmo.
Old 14th April 2018, 21:03   #134
BHPian

I had bad experience with boodmo earlier. I couldn't find anything so install a normal mirror cut to right dimension. It is not that wide angle but it is better than nothing. Ok for now till I find a proper mirror.

I have another problem that cropped recently. Car makes ghooooon kind of noise when I press throttle hard. Like it is gasping for air in or out. Replaced air filter but it did not help. I think it is muffler / silencer which needs replacement. My car has clocked 65k.
Old 30th April 2018, 21:25   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sunnyboi, I am a silent visitor of your thread for a long time and do own a couple of products from Mitsubishi Motors.

For a long time there are no updates from your end :-), request you to share more about your Cedia and all the new mods. Hopefully, you are not planning to sell your car or have not sold off your car.

Cheers!!

Most Viewed