Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2017, 17:30   #61
BHPian

re: My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG. EDIT: 3 years & 55000 km up!

Seems like a Nagpur trip has to be made to experience the roads. Maybe next month after I get some time from my schedule.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 22:38   #62
BHPian

Fantastic review JoshMachine!

We have a similar journey. I changed from Swift Dzire DDis to Vento TDI DSG in December 2016. The driver for the change was my daily commute but to the other extreme of the city (Kharadi). It is a daily Pune darshan for me passing through busy roads like Karve Road, FC Road and Nagar road

Even after 8-9 months, the car still brings a smile every time I am behind the wheel.
Adi_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 15:36   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
Fantastic review JoshMachine!

We have a similar journey. I changed from Swift Dzire DDis to Vento TDI DSG in December 2016. The driver for the change was my daily commute but to the other extreme of the city (Kharadi). It is a daily Pune darshan for me passing through busy roads like Karve Road, FC Road and Nagar road

Even after 8-9 months, the car still brings a smile every time I am behind the wheel.
Thanks Adi.
Am very glad that the DSG has found another happy user in you
Please do share your initial experiences for us to share notes and publish more information for the community.
Old 8th October 2017, 16:38   #64
BHPian

Hi.. Seems to be a very apt thread to ask this question.

I am planning to go for the VW Vento TDI DSG. I have taken multiple test drives and have liked the car every time I drove it. The 7 speed DSG is simply wonderful. Even the missus has approved the car in term of looks and space.

If it was for a Maruti, Honda or a Toyota, I would have probably booked the car till now.
BUT, ITS A Volkswagen and that's my worry. I just want a no niggle car, VW being VW, does not have a reputation anywhere near that.

Has the VW service experience and the spare parts availability improved?
Will it be right decision to go for the VW Vento?
Old 8th October 2017, 17:47   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Definitely has, but isn't consistent across towns. Also developing a rapport with the service advisor always helps, irrespective of the brand and service cost.

As far as the product goes, it is indeed a pleasure to drive and be driven in.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th October 2017 at 18:36. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Old 23rd December 2017, 11:47   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Hi.. Seems to be a very apt thread to ask this question.

BUT, ITS A Volkswagen and that's my worry. I just want a no niggle car, VW being VW, does not have a reputation anywhere near that.

Well, every now and then you see a niggle pop up from various owners. But that's no doubting the general reliability of this supreme machine.
After Dieselgate, VW seems to be taking extra efforts to ensure the experience right from buying to after-sales is improved. But again, that could differ from dealer to dealer.

If you ask me, go for it!
If you have any specific doubts, feel free to shoot.
Old 23rd December 2017, 12:25   #67
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE: 2 years, 40000 km

So, a few weeks ago, the odo went past the 40k km mark! And I got that with just about 2 years of ownership!

Phew, mile munching at a decent clip I would think. And a full paisa vasool experience at that.
My admiration for this steed increases with every passing day/week/month. Just love being behind the wheel all times. All requests to let someone drive it turned down right away

Coming to the functional updates for the 40k km mark, here are the salient points:-
  • Engine: No let up on the super behaviour. Nice and linear performance.
  • DSG: smooth as silk. No jerks, no surprises. Behaves exactly the way as mentioned in a textbook.
  • Tyres: Past 40k km and the MRF ZVTVs are still holding good, surprisingly. Just for record, I have had just 1 puncture till date in the last 2 yrs. Filling Nitrogen (and getting checked periodically) has worked wonders.
    However of late, I can start feeling the ride harshness, just a wee bit though.
  • Suspension: Still the same "polite" stiffness at both front and rear seats. Confident handling.
  • Brakes: They still bite good, not much wear - courtesy the gentle foot stamping discipline adopted.

And now the pleasant surprise

Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting the HOLY GRAIL of fuel efficiency for a Vento. The kitna deti hai challenge for all to savour:-

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-20171113_095540.jpg

Showing 26.0 km/l on the MID with the relaxed engine at 1400 revs per min. Must say, I have been driving with almost no change in the past 40k km but this feat was achieved only after crossing it.

Now with the 45k km service schedule coming up, getting ready for some serious updates. Will keep you folks posted.

Happy riding and wish you all Happy Christmas!
JoshMachine is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 11:36   #68
BHPian

@JoshMachine: Was your Vento retuned for the emission compliance by VW? If so, how’s your experience of pre and post tune performance?

I’ve avoided the return from Skoda and will probably never go in for it.
Old 19th March 2018, 17:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
@JoshMachine: Was your Vento retuned for the emission compliance by VW? If so, how’s your experience of pre and post tune performance?
yes, my Vento underwent the treatment for the emission compliance.

To give an overview of the experience post the software update:-
  • Acceleration became more linear or predictable
  • Slight increase in fuel efficiency
  • Engine noise more or less unchanged
  • DSG behavior unchanged
Old 19th March 2018, 19:09   #70
Senior - BHPian

45,000 kms up and some key updates

Its been just over 2.25 yrs since I first drove out my Vento out of the showroom! Time has whizzed by...

First update:
Got the 3rd major service done just before the 45k km mark.

The dealer, BU Bhandari, has now added more service bays and so the appointment booking schedule has been reduced to few days instead of the few weeks' schedule last year.

The good experiences end there, unfortunately.

Looks like they have hired lot of service advisors or maybe some kind of resource overhaul has happened - leading to lot of new recruits unable to handle technical queries or manage client expectations with the same vigor as the previous lot. (yes, you probably guessed it right - I work in the IT Services industry )

In terms of the procedure, again, these guys seemed to have lost it. When I checked in at 0930 hrs, I was the second person in the appointment queue. However, when the job card was finally made, the clock showed 1100 hrs. And to make matters worse, I was given a SLA of 24 hrs!

Anyway, I put in a word with Customer Service Manager and then he relented to giving the serviced car back on the same day.

Wallet made lighter by INR11,900. That was acceptable.
No surprises. Standard items - replacement of filters, oil top-up etc.
Battery ok. Suspension ok. Brake pads also ok (now, that was a surprise to me given that the car had covered good ground in just over 2 years).

Second update:
Got the battery changed, after it just gave up couple of weeks post servicing. It was a Saturday evening, and when I tried to switch on the ignition, the MID lights started dancing /flickering like they were trying to light up the dance floor or something! The car just didn't crank. I tried couple of more times and gave up.
Immediately realized that the battery could be the culprit and called up VW roadside assistance. They acknowledged the problem and agreed to send over an engineer but asked for 1000 bucks just to jump-start the vehicle.
Now, I had taken the 24X7 roadside assistance in the Bajaj Allianz insurance
package and hence assumed that VW would honor the same.

But alas, that's not how it works or so I got to know that day.

The roadside assistance covered by VW is different from that covered as part of the insurance policy i.e. if you want VW folks to come and help, then you have to shell out extra.

So without further ado, I called up the insurance guys and they sent an engineer within 30 mins. to sort out the matter - that of a dying battery. At no extra cost.

Went back to the dealer BU Bhandari, obtained the "state of health" and found out that the voltage rating had gone down to 8.92V, indicating an immediate battery replacement. Got the stock battery replaced with another Exide, costing about INR 8,300 all inclusive with a 2 year warranty.

Third update:
Tyres. Close to 45,000 km and they were getting harsher by the day, even though they had some juice left in them.
Replaced the existing MRF ZVTVs with Continental CC5 in the same stock configuration of 185/60 R15. Vendor Saran Tyres, located at Paud Road just as you go down Chandni Chowk.
Wallet lighter by INR17,300 for a set of 4 tyres. Total price included discounts along with balancing & alignment costs.

With the above key boosters around the 45k km mark, now get the feeling that the car has transitioned from being a teenager to a young adult!

And, is ready to explore the excitement that comes with it.
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 15:51   #71
BHPian

Re: My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG - Completed 45,000 km in 2.25 yrs (from a teenager to a young adu

This review has been a confidence booster to pick my ride. Brought home a Carbon Steel Metallic TDI HL DSG home this week.

I am living through almost every emotion of yours. Now to fix that door rattle!!
rangarx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 18:17   #72
BHPian

Re: My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG - Completed 45,000 km in 2.25 yrs (from a teenager to a young adu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
Brought home a Carbon Steel Metallic TDI HL DSG home this week.
Now to fix that door rattle!!
Congrats on your new car and wish you many kilometres of happy driving. Do you mean door squeak or door rattle? Because as far as I know the Vento did not have any issues with door rattling and there is a separate thread on the forum on how to fix door squeaks with some VAG cars (Vento/Polo). However, if it is indeed a door rattle you might want to check with the A.S.S
Old 17th May 2018, 18:55   #73
BHPian

Thanks! Yes, the rattle/squeak is from the rubber beading read that thread and gonna fix that this weekend!
Old 25th July 2018, 11:11   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
This review has been a confidence booster to pick my ride. Brought home a Carbon Steel Metallic TDI HL DSG home this week.

I am living through almost every emotion of yours. Now to fix that door rattle!!
Good to know the reviews have helped you take an informed decision!
Any pictures, initial views on how your Vento is behaving?
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 11:46   #75
BHPian

Thanks JoshMachine. The machine works well. The engine power and refinement (from cabin), the audio experience are loveable. On highway, the car transforms itself.
I am getting 18 kmpl in my regular commute to office. (80% highway & 20% city)

Ran 6000+ KM so far. The only grouse I have is the jerk when downshifting from 3-2-1 gears. But again, no car is perfect.

In essence, I am loving the car and enjoying every time I take it for a spin.

Will try posting some pictures soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks