Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2021, 15:42   #121
BHPian

re: My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG. EDIT: 6.5 yrs & 86,000 km ownership update

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Thanks a lot

Great to know, the original ride of the Vento is already pretty sorted. I can only imagine what this improvement could mean!
Mind sharing the approximate costs of this overhaul, specially the TRW suspensions?

Were you prompted to do the EGR cleaning by the FNG or is this part of the standard 90k km service routine?

Do keep on posting regular updates here, would be eager to know about them
My suspension struts, oil didn't start leaking. But they were not returning back to normal position. So was advised to change. TRW air suspension, gives a much more pliant ride that the OE struts. Increased cost was around 6k for both front and back.

EGCR was suggested by FNG.

Had previously done on my Linea at 1.3L kms in 2020 by Bhpian nkrishnap. He also used Motul 8100 Xcess on my Linea. Was instantly able to feel the difference. So decided to do it on my Vento at 90000kms itself.

VW recommended at 90000kms : timing belt with water pump replacement and the steering box.

VW recommends at 120000kms : DSG oil change

Suspension could have waited for another 5000kms, but i decided to change aggressively, because i intend to keep my Vento for another 3yrs / upto 160000kms. Wanted to enjoy the changes while i own them.

nkrishnap suggested, oil change every 10000kms instead of 15000kms on my Linea as it had crossed 1.4L kms. I am also contemplating to doing the same on my Vento after 1.2L kms.

I can share a copy of the bill on whatsapp. Leave me a ping on 9566699555.

b/regs,
Varun Vel
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VENTO 5288 90k service.pdf (303.9 KB, 661 views)
File Type: pdf VW DSG manual.pdf (2.02 MB, 239 views)
svmvale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 13:51   #122
Senior - BHPian

To Shillim and back in 24 hours

Like most of the travel aficionados out there, we too wanted to head out during the long Diwali break. Had put up enquiries at some resorts around Pune but all of them came out blank, encountered the "Housefull" sign everywhere!

Then just out of the blue, the Sales rep at Hilton's (located at Shillim, Pune) called back and mentioned that they had a cancellation and enquired if we wanted to move in. Kiddo and wifey said YES without even batting an eyelid
I called back for the confirmation and even got a sweet discount on a Villa deal!
So it was a done deal, we packed our bags and off we went the next morning.

Followed the standard route shown by Google:-

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-screenshot-20211110-11.52.37-am.png

Took us about 1.5 hrs to reach there. After Kolvan and Hadshi, the roads are bad but the rest of the sections were good.

My steed against the backdrop of the Sahyadri ghats:-

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-vento-1.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-vento2.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-vento-3.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-vento-4.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-vento-5.jpg

Some more landscape views captured, with the majestic Tikona fortline in the background:-

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-scenery-1.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-scenery-2.jpg

Upon reaching the resort, took in relaxing views at Hilton:-

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-hilton-1.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-hilton-2.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-hilton-3.jpg

Name:  hilton 4.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  41.4 KB

We had got discounts on the King Forest Villa, found the villa to be quite luxurious than what we had actually expected:-

Name:  villa 1.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  106.0 KB

Name:  villla 2.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  136.8 KB

The overall ambience at the property was very serene and thanks to the almost patchy mobile network coverage, we found it to our liking!

Amazing sunset view, to add to the serenity:-

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-view-1.jpg

The food was simply amazing, with a caveat though - there is no other decent option in Shillim so you have to take all meals at the hotel itself. And that can be a downer, if you don't avail of a comprehensive package right upfront during the booking process.

We checked out the next day (t'was only an overnight booking), and got to know about a better return option to Pune.
Route was Hilton Shillim > Shivam Police Chowky (just on the Mum-Pune Expressway) > Pune.

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-screenshot-20211110-1.29.24-pm.png

And glad we were, the roads in general along this route along the Pawana riverbank were very scenic:-

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-road-1.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-road-2.jpg

Even though this route was about 20% longer but it took us almost the same time as our onward journey.
Reached home, without any fuss.

Another short trip with the Vento, and another set of beautiful memories etched with us for a long time to come!
JoshMachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 22:26   #123
Senior - BHPian

Went for a 100 km short round trip today evening to Shri Dattatreya temple at Narayanpur with family.

Route was the Pune - Khed Shivapur - Narayanpur toll road.
Road quality was not great to write about on the main thoroughfare, with few exceptions of good patches on an otherwise average scarred road in general.

However when we took the route off the highway towards the temple, road quality showed surprisingly remarkable improvement, even though there were still some rough patches here & there.
But these bad patches were dismissed off by the Vento with aplomb, even though there were 5 of us in the car!

We had visited this place before summer and were actually expecting this time round that the roads would have been washed away but we were greeted by these very beautiful views of - both the road and the picturesque views around:-

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-bef4a5292ee4495e9686df1b978c23d2.jpeg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-9646424ee13d40bd8c179670c36a1e70.jpeg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-eb19e528263f4b53a77879b4bd6b124d.jpeg

It had just started drizzling in that area, and the whole area just got transformed in a jiffy!
We couldn’t help stop right there by the roadside and just soaked in the beautiful sights.

The rest of the short journey was pretty uneventful except for some rain spattering at few places.

When we were headed back to Pune, we were caught in a sudden deluge of traffic. It got so bad that Khed Shivapur toll personnel allowed some intermittent cars to just pass without charging, including lucky us

However the situation closer to Pune was not much better, we encountered this:-

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-81f4ce33fc2c4c39bf37b120a6669aad.jpeg

Took us an agonisingly 30-40 mins to cross the last few kms, which would have been a lot quicker on other days.

Anyway, another quick outing done in the Vento and once again it didn’t disappoint at all

Even though the last bumper to bumper road stretch brought the overall FE down, the Vento managed to provide respectable numbers:-

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-2ab347ff0ccd47e68ceed6a722f5bfd3.jpeg
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 10:14   #124
Senior - BHPian

Snippets of a day trip to Sajjangad fort, that we undertook on the last Sunday

Even though it was just a day long trip, but we (wifey, kiddo & yours truly) had great fun and some poignant time, too.

Fun = great weather to drive, relatively good roads, short distance, and ofcourse a great ride in the Vento!
Poignant = the beauty and purity of the place, forcing us to take a pause and be there in the moment, keeping everything else aside!

The full travelogue detailed here (Day trip to Sajjangad, near Pune).

On the way to Sajjangad:

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-04.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-07.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-08.jpg

Atop Sajjangad fort:

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-16.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-22.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-24.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-29.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-30.jpg

As I have mentioned in the travelogue, the feeling out there was just incomparable to anything I have experienced before - full of tranquility and peace!

A must visit place for anyone seeking to spend some quality time with, well just oneself and your dear ones.

On the way back to Pune:

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-44.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-45.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-46.jpg

Another companionship feather in the cap for my beloved Vento
JoshMachine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 11:50   #125
Senior - BHPian

It had been close to a year since I got the Vento serviced. Again, like last year, not much odometer progress but went ahead with the servicing anyway.

This time round, tried a new place - The Mechanix Automotive. Managed by two automotive enthusiasts with a good experience in the automotive industry.
They have a presence (Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune)) on the forum, too.

Called them up a day prior, and got the appointment.

On the day of servicing, dropped the Vento in the morning and got the job card done promptly. Quite professional and to-the-point observations.

Didn't have too many complaints as such, so only the regular stuff was expected - engine oil change, oil + air + fuel + cabin filters.

Also asked for the the wheel rotation + balancing + alignment.

Sometime later, got a call to get the coolant container also replaced, it had started showing rust.

All in all, a no-nonsense day of super professional work at The Mechanix.

Wallet lighter by 13k. Not bad for a car approaching 85,000 km.

Ready for the next road trip, now
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 12:27   #126
Senior - BHPian

Another long break and another fun trip in our Vento!

This time, we wanted to get out of the city a bit further, and after some due diligence, we chose Sula Vineyards, India's largest winery near Nashik.

This place is about a 5-hour drive from our place, and the weather conditions being good, we decided to go ahead and book ourselves a nice room in the resort.

The full travelogue is posted here (A memorable road-trip to Sula Vineyards), so please feel free to browse through the entire escapade.

This time round, I had got the servicing done (ref. above post) before this longish road trip so was confident that there would be no unpredictable hiccups.

The road conditions were mostly good, except for couple of places where we encountered bypass diversions. We started around 0800 hrs and managed to reach the resort by 1315 hrs.

As mentioned in the travelogue, the place is quite welcoming to tourists and offers quite decent options to spend 2-3 days. However, beyond this duration, you will be challenged to keep yourself entertained.

Sharing some assorted pictures from the trip:

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-04.jpeg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-13.jpeg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-23.jpeg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-36.jpeg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-63.jpeg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-68.jpeg

We spent 3 days and had a very good time. The family + kids loved it! Overall, a very nice place for the family to spend some quality time away from the urban hustle-bustle.

Returned with a haul of few wine bottles to continue cherishing the memories long after.

During the 3 day-trip, we also visited the nearby Trimbakeshwar temple and managed to have some good food at the Panchvati Yatri restaurant to savour some Gujarati Thali.

And as far as the Vento is concerned, well what can I say! The car is a mile-muncher, and the terrific suspension keeps everyone happy, be it the driver or the rear passenger.

And oh yes, the odometer is now well past the 85,000 km mark.

Courtesy the numerous trips in the last few months, it feels like the car has come alive, again
Old 29th January 2022, 22:28   #127
Senior - BHPian

Time has been 'flying good' these last few months. The Vento is now steadily munching miles the way it should be.

Crossed the 86,000 km mark earlier today:-

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-vento86k.png

All of this, with 6.5 years on the clock. Rock-solid performance

Ever reliable and all so willing to be driven any time, anywhere!
JoshMachine is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 11:34   #128
BHPian

re: My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG - ownership experience. EDIT: Sold after 6.5 yrs & 87,283 km

Quote:
Time has been 'flying good' these last few months. The Vento is now steadily munching miles the way it should be.

Crossed the 86,000 km mark earlier today:-

Attachment 2266576

All of this, with 6.5 years on the clock. Rock-solid performance

Ever reliable and all so willing to be driven any time, anywhere!
HI

Need some advice. I was in look out for a used Vento TDI DGS and 3 days before got one. 2017 Feb High line, genuine 58 k run. Exchanged my 10.5 yr old Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX which had done 142k. Wallet lighter by 3.5 lacs. ( 6.5 lacs- 3 lacs) Not sure if the deal is ok, but does not matter much if the used car is in good condition.

I took it in spite of being aware of the DSG issues through this forum. No first hand experience though. Now I find your car & few others are near/crossed 1 lac km, which gives me confidence.

I have done 200 km so far in Vento, mix of city & highway. When wife took rear seat in the morning, she could not believe her ears. Reaction- what kind of sound is this inside the cabin. She remarked instantly that I have been cheated by the used car dealer with a faulty car. Such was the difference in noise between Verna & Vento. I am driving AT for the 1st time. Quickly adopted to it.

Since the car is new to me, please give important pointers which I need to take care.

My findings/queries-

1. For starting the car, twisting force I need to apply is much more than Verna. Is it normal?

2. The dealer change the engine oil with Wurth 5w-30. Is it ok?

3. What's the engine oil capacity. I could not find the data in the manual.

4. In AC, when I switch on recirculation mode, the fan speed is increasing slightly and then I am getting a kit-kit kind of sound somewhere from the glove box. What could be the problem? It's irritating sound and therefore I am not using recirculation mode.

5. AC cooling is not as good as Verna. Is it possible for low gas pressure ? I never had topped up AC gas in my 10.5 yr old Verna. Have you ever need to top of gas in our car?

6. In the manual, it has been mentioned that engine oil consumption is approx 1 lit per 2000 km or so, which is astonishing . What's your experience?

7. Ride quality is way better than Verna.

8. Out side sound insulation is almost same as Verna, but engine clatter is way more, which dies down after some time, but not a match against Verna.

9. I am a fan of silent cabin. Which engine oil & other things can help me?

10. The ex-owner has done 60 k service. In voice is available in the car.

11. Current tyres are 185/60/R15- Alnacs. Should I upgrade to 195/60/R15 which will provide additional grip & GC of 6 mm. Are you on stock size?

12. Do you face GC related issues?

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 17:32   #129
Senior - BHPian

re: My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG - ownership experience. EDIT: Sold after 6.5 yrs & 87,283 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Need some advice. I was in look out for a used Vento TDI DGS and 3 days before got one. 2017 Feb High line, genuine 58 k run. Exchanged my 10.5 yr old Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDI SX which had done 142k. Wallet lighter by 3.5 lacs. ( 6.5 lacs- 3 lacs) Not sure if the deal is ok, but does not matter much if the used car is in good condition.
I took it in spite of being aware of the DSG issues through this forum. No first hand experience though. Now I find your car & few others are near/crossed 1 lac km, which gives me confidence.
Absolutely, this Vento 1.5 TDi DSG is a gem of a car. Congrats on the purchase

Please check if the extended/add-on warranty can be transferred to your name. Else, please buy it. VW is running some discount campaign for warranties these days.

Quote:
I have done 200 km so far in Vento, mix of city & highway. When wife took rear seat in the morning, she could not believe her ears. Reaction- what kind of sound is this inside the cabin. She remarked instantly that I have been cheated by the used car dealer with a faulty car. Such was the difference in noise between Verna & Vento. I am driving AT for the 1st time.
What kind of noise was that inside the cabin? Do you mean engine clatter or any other vibration etc.? Were the windows open or shut?

AT or the DSG in this case, will spoil you greatly! In the positive sense, I meant
However, please do get the transmission oil checked & replaced since the car has done 58k km already.
And please do peruse the 'DSG de-mystified' thread on the forum. Have collated few pointers over there.

Quote:
1. For starting the car, twisting force I need to apply is much more than Verna. Is it normal?
By twisting force, if you mean engine cranking by the key, I don't think there is anything normal/abnormal between the Vento & the Verna.
However, if the engine doesn't crank in the first go, then you should maybe pay attention.

Quote:
2. The dealer change the engine oil with Wurth 5w-30. Is it ok?
VW recommends 5w-40. It is known to be better than the 30 grade oil at higher operating temperatures.
I have been using 40 grade throughout.

Quote:
3. What's the engine oil capacity. I could not find the data in the manual.
Not very sure, but I think it is approx 4.5 liters.

Quote:
4. In AC, when I switch on recirculation mode, the fan speed is increasing slightly and then I am getting a kit-kit kind of sound somewhere from the glove box. What could be the problem? It's irritating sound and therefore I am not using recirculation mode.
When you switch on the recirculation mode, the outside air flow is cut off into the car, and the fan speed may increase/decrease for initial duration to adapt to the set temperature. But please check whether the fan speed settles or not.
The sound coming coming from the conditioner could be that of the compressor switching on/off. Please get that checked if it sounds intrusive.

Quote:
5. AC cooling is not as good as Verna. Is it possible for low gas pressure ? I never had topped up AC gas in my 10.5 yr old Verna. Have you ever need to top of gas in our car?
AC cooling is not that great in the Vento. I got the a/c overhaul done once for my Vento couple of years ago.
And I use some tried-tested methods like not parking under the sun, using sun-blinds (NSV laser shades are very good), opening windows for few mins before starting off..etc - nothing dramatic as such but these small things help alleviate the lack of strong air-conditioning setup in the Vento.

Quote:
6. In the manual, it has been mentioned that engine oil consumption is approx 1 lit per 2000 km or so, which is astonishing . What's your experience?
Not sure about the exact volume of consumption, but I think this is more or less, just about what I have experienced.

Quote:
7. Ride quality is way better than Verna.
The 10 yrd old Verna (essentially prev gen) can never hold a candle to the Vento, when it comes to ride quality + suspension + handling.

Quote:
8. Out side sound insulation is almost same as Verna, but engine clatter is way more, which dies down after some time, but not a match against Verna.
The Verna's NVH insulation, is generally, better than the diesel Vento's.

Quote:
9. I am a fan of silent cabin. Which engine oil & other things can help me?
Silent cabin = combination of VW recommended engine oil + proper/cleaned rubber beading on the doors + proper tires (I use Continentals) + liberal application of Colinite at relevant joints/hinges etc.

Quote:
10. The ex-owner has done 60 k service. In voice is available in the car.
Didn't get the Q?

Quote:
11. Current tyres are 185/60/R15- Alnacs. Should I upgrade to 195/60/R15 which will provide additional grip & GC of 6 mm. Are you on stock size?
Stock size is good enough, have been using from day 1. No complaints.

Quote:
12. Do you face GC related issues?
Not at all. I have done multiple road trips with the car fully loaded (4 adults + luggage). Very rare underbody scraping.
Old 10th February 2022, 03:19   #130
BHPian

Quote:

Please check if the extended/add-on warranty can be transferred to your name. Else, please buy it. VW is running some discount campaign for warranties these days.
Not at all. I have done multiple road trips with the car fully loaded (4 adults + luggage). Very rare underbody scraping.
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation to all my queries.

It's my bad. The battery drainage issue has been identified. My neighbor told that the parking light of the car was on through out the night. I have to be more careful.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th February 2022 at 08:00. Reason: Merging back to back posts and also reducing quoted text for convenience.
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 16:33   #131
Senior - BHPian

That time of the year. March. Coast calling

Yes, we again as a family went to the coast-side town, this time round to Diveagar.
Last year, and the year before that, we had been to Shrivardhan. Not much difference there, both places provide the same amount of fun and sanity, rolled into a nice bundle!

Here are some pictures from the trip.

Beautiful, pure coastline:

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-img_2997.jpg

Got to click some shots of the Vento along this serene shore:

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-img_2996.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-img_2998.jpg

Went along as close to the beach as possible:

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-img_3017.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-img_3021.jpg

And then finally, soaked in all that the setting sun had to offer:

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-img_3014.jpg

By the way, this trip was the last of all the road trips that we have undertaken in our beloved Vento over the past 6.5 years. And this thread is full of them.
Each time, the Vento's brilliant engine + suspension + gearbox comfort has made the ride so much enjoyable!

As I pen down the (possibly) penultimate post of my Vento's ownership thread, I have only fond memories. And I speak for my family - parents, wifey, kiddo also included
Old 25th March 2022, 12:50   #132
Senior - BHPian

After last weekend's drive to Diveagar, the Vento needed a good shower to clean off all the red mud, typical to Konkan region.

Went to the nearby washing center to get an express job done.

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-img_3059.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-img_3062.jpg

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-img_3063.jpg

Felt good seeing this state:

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-img_3064.jpg
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 11:50   #133
Senior - BHPian

Its time for the Vento to gracefully sunset into the distance:

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-vento-sunset.jpg

As the curtain draws over what has been a super magnificent show over the past 6.5+ years, I & my family have nothing but only the most beautiful memories for our beloved Vento.

I still vividly recall that day in 2015 when we booked the Vento amidst all the global noise over the VW dieselgate. But not once in the entire ownership period, were we bothered by all that happened. It has been an absolute pleasure to ride our Vento all this time!

During the ownership tenure, it has been the three of us - self + wifey + kiddo - doing most of the travelling in the Vento, and we naturally considered it the fourth member of our family. My parents, in-laws and my brother's family have also enjoyed some memorable trips in this car.
In fact, my daughter (now teenager) literally grew up with the car over the past many years. She found it difficult to hold back her tears when it was time to bid adieu to the Vento.

As you would have seen in my ownership thread, I am very fond of clicking the MID to celebrate various milestones.
Here's the last one that I will savor for a long, long time:

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-vento-last-reading.jpg

A poignant reminder...of the 'emptiness':

My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years-keychain-2.jpg

(May have to buy another one, difficult to pair this with any other).
JoshMachine is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 16:27   #134
BHPian

Re: My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years

The ending of this thread feels like the carefully crafted ending of the hit show Suits. Befitting tribute to an expensive yet excellent car. Any reason why you sold it?
100Kmphormore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 13:01   #135
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Night Blue VW Vento TDI DSG | Ownership Experience | EDIT: Sold after 6.5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
The ending of this thread feels like the carefully crafted ending of the hit show Suits. Befitting tribute to an expensive yet excellent car. Any reason why you sold it?
"Suits" was one of my all-time shows, so by (re)mentioning the closure of that one too, you made it bit more difficult for me to pen down a response here on the closure of my Vento thread

I know I already posted in my other A4 ownership thread, but there was really no primary reason as such for us to move on from the Vento. It was doing well when we sold it, infact after 6 months of transferring to the new owner, I am hearing good feedback about how it was maintained till date and how it still runs like a charm inspite of the high odo reading during the time of resale.

The move to A4 was about few things falling into place, some of which coincided with our desire to move into a higher segment car which was more luxurious, more powerful and more beautiful, plus a good overall price proposition (5 yr comprehensive service package thrown in) and so on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks