Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2018, 17:16   #31
BHPian

re: The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Dt: 17th Oct 2018

Hey Bruno,

Congratulations on your 8th birthday. You seem to have a master who has not only kept you in ship-shape, but after all these years is still smitten enough to pen this detailed 'auto'-biography. Lucky you.

Although I do suggest you try and convince him for treating you with the bundle of surprises soon. Some new footwear & a fancy new chip to start off with would be swell.

I had a good time reading through and I do look forward to meeting you in person whenever I visit your state.

Be good and wishing you happy miles ahead!

Love,
Juggernaut
Hey Juggernaut,
Thanks for your wishes! Yeah, he loves me to life and keeps me in ship-shape. I was gifted with a service on my 8th Birthday while Mr.V has assured that he'll get me some new stuff soon. Would love to meet you in person. You, me and Sindbad make a triple trouble! Till then, serve your master well (like I've been doing) and happy mile munching to you!

Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
Very detailed review indeed! Your car is very well maintained...

I mean you are very well maintained! Oh its so confusing.

I, for one, would have liked it better if the review was from Mr. V, Mr. T (?) or someone like that. This autobiography stuff is a little confusing and reduces the readability. Its a new idea nevertheless.

My car is going to complete 1.5 lakhs (July 2010 model) soon and I sincerely wish to post a good detailed review like this, but not sure if I will be able to write it so well.
Thanks a lot sir! Glad that you liked the way Bruno penned it down. Well, it's bad on Bruno's part on not introducing all the family members. I'll do that for you :
1.) Mr.S - My dad
2.) Mr.T - My elder Brother
3.) Mr.V - Yours Truly
Bruno has faithfully served my dad and he was later passed on to my elder brother and will be soon passed on to me! Hope it's clear now.

It's nice to read that you're a master to Bruno's Batchmate. Hope it was a smooth sail!

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 02:09   #32
BHPian

re: The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!

Sorry for not updating this thread from quite a long time. A lot has happened over the past few months and I can't beleive that Bruno is no more a part of our family now.

Never thought I'd wake up to this thought of him not being with me but it had to happen and we let him go for better :(

There were many reasons why we had to take such a difficult decision. Firstly, grandpa's age was clearly showing up while he was driving around in the Bruno. He simply couldn't handle these stickshifts anymore. To add some more fuel to the fire, his increased highway runs rose a lot of apprehensions and we decided to upgrade to something more safer and something more easier to live with in the city (Read=Automatic).

Since, the need for an upgrade was quite evident, we weren't sure of which car to let go first. At first, it was decided that the Nano will be sold and Bruno will take its place as an in-city car while the next new car will take Bruno's place. I was finally happy that Bruno would be mine, which meant I could drive him daily for my commute since I was awaiting my license.

But destiny had other plans. The way how things had unfolded in Delhi (read=NGT) which endangered the lives of all the diesels, the folks at home thought this was the right time to let go of Bruno. For one, Bruno was turning 9 this October. If the NGT gets extended to other metro cities (proposal in pipeline), Bruno will have to make way to the scrap yard in a year from now.

To make this separation fair, we also got about ~45% of the invoice price after all these years. Since the baniya in me had woken up to life saying, "Arre yaar, Bruno aaj nahin toh kal jaayega hi. Agar aaj jaayega toh paisa toh aayega. Par agar kal usko majburan jaana pada toh, dard hoga woh alag, paise jaayenge woh alag" (Translation : Dude, Bruno will have to leave tomorrow, if not today. If you let go off him today, you'll atleast get a fair amount which can subdue your pain of separation. If you'll have to separate forcefully, all these years of your hardwork in keeping him in good shape will go down the scrap. You won't even get paid for all your efforts which you put in over the years).

With a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes, I post an ad on OLX. As expected, I had come across some low ballers who went to the extent of offering me 80,000 for the car . Soon enough, a known friend came to me after he knew that Bruno was up for grabs. A quick TD and an inspection later, he offered me the price I expected and we striked the deal with a handshake and with a token amount in my pocket, Bruno wasn't ours anymore :( The good part about this sale is, Bruno still lives in my colony (four lanes away. About 300m away) and the new owner is like, "Ispe aapka abhi bhi pehla haq banta hain" and I hope to see Bruno frequently serving its new owner.

All what I can say is, I'm feeling pretty bad about this decision of mine. Here's to a boot full of memories going away from me and that made me cry the day the deal was sealed.

I cried to myself sitting in the Nano seeing Bruno leaving my home. Felt like somebody was snatching something very valuable from you. I seriously wish that no one should go through this. EVER!

Now that he's no more with me, I still am recovering from this harsh reality that he's no more relaxing in my porch. I miss the blue oval everytime I grab a key from the key holder and it only adds to my pain.

Bruno's new owner picked him on the evening of 19th July 2019. He called me at 4pm in the evening saying he was willing to take him home that day itself because it was an auspicious day. Since, I wasn't prepared for this (both physically and mentally), I soon got down to my porch, washed him for one last time. While he was basking sun for one last time in our porch, I rushed to a nearby novelty store, I got a 4-Metre long ribbon to deck him up. Since he came home for the first time in a dark blue ribbon wrapped around the hood, I got a blue ribbon and got him set for his Bidaai. The ribbon wasn't dark blue (which I wanted) and I had to compromise a bit because of the time factor. I did search for that shade of blue in the nearby stores, but didn't find that exact shade. So settled for light blue and I rushed back home and set him up and was awaiting the owner.

The owner comes in, hands over a cheque for the leftover money and we soon got to Bruno. I explained him all the basic features and how different Bruno was in comparision to his new Japanese garage mate. After that, Bruno set off to his new home piercing a knife in my heart while he wailed silently :(

All what I can tell is, thanks a lot for all these memories Bruno. Hope you serve the new owner well and try munch the 1,00,000-kilometer milestone soon! Make some new memories with your new friend and yeah, don't forget us in this process! Thanks a lot for being there for me and our family through the past 8-years, 9-months, 3-days, 1-hour and 73,733 kilometers.

Godspeed!

Miss you everyday :(

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-picsart_072101.03.23-1024x1024.jpg

From being by my side through the worst in my life.......

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190703_172812-768x1024.jpg

......from experiencing the first rain of the year.

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190703_173430-1024x768.jpg

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190703_173511-1024x768.jpg

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190703_175506-768x1024.jpg

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190703_175521-768x1024.jpg

After a pampering session at a professional's place sometime in May :

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190511_115022-1024x768.jpg

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190511_122954-1024x768.jpg

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190511_123021-1024x768.jpg

Bruno after a DIY chamatkaar treatment at home (~10-days ago) :

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190630_134430-1024x768.jpg

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190630_134247-768x1024.jpg

Getting him ready for one last time :(

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190719_171526-768x1024.jpg

He's sad to leave our home and it shows :

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190719_174444-1024x768.jpg

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190719_173837-1024x768.jpg

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190719_174450-1024x768.jpg
The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190719_174459-1024x768.jpg

Bruno enjoying his old space for one last time :

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190719_174504-1024x768.jpg
The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190719_174509-1024x768.jpg

The Blue Oval which I'll always miss while grabbing a key from the keyholder:

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190719_174656-768x1024.jpg

Cranking him for one last time :

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190719_174711-768x1024.jpg

Ensuring if all the things are in place or not :

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190719_173837 1024x768.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	1896700

Wishing new owner happy mile munching!

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190719_175959-1024x768.jpg

Goodbye Bruno.....

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190719_180136-1-1024x768.jpg
The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190719_180140-1024x768.jpg

The last time I take a photo of your odometer. Not every photo turns into a milestone, but this one did!

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_20190714_173336-1024x768.jpg

P.S : Would request the mods to update the thread title. Also, it'd be great if the mods can keep the thread open as I can still update about the car from time to time.

Last edited by Varun_HexaGuy : 21st July 2019 at 02:37.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (57) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 18:58   #33
BHPian

Went through the latest post and had wet eyes by the end. Five years ago, went through a range of emotions when I had to part with my best friend, the Palio GTX, after 13 years of ownership. I still remember her fondly.
maven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 19:37   #34
BHPian

Re: The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!

What an emotional farewell to your car. It's good that Bruno has served you well and he doesn't seem aged at all for the age you have mentioned! I was almost in tears after reading the way you have narrated the farewell.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 19:55   #35
BHPian

Re: The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!

You got me crying. I felt the same way when I had to part with my Honda Jazz (2010). It had to go as nobody in the house was willing to drive a manual anymore and the implicit rule in my house is that every car in the stable has to be inter-changable and inter-usable. It was my very first car which has handed down to me by my mother. I got my license driving the red beauty. It was as if I had a telepathic connection with the car. It was always my safe haven during times of stress and always bought a smile on my face. It always felt like an extended limb of mine. I can clearly relate to what you have gone through.....
SID2997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 19:56   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

This is indeed an emotional moment.
I can very well relate to your post.

This car was a little wonder. Driving the diesel Figo was always fun and throwing this car around the corners on curvy roads always brought a smile or rather a grin on my face.

This was the parting shot of our Figo TDCi a year back.

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_9047.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 27th July 2019 at 20:03.
Samba is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 22:30   #37
BHPian

This farewell report is full of emotions, Varun. I live in a different part of the country, haven't met you or Bruno till date, but even I feel sad to see Bruno go, to realize that we don't own sister-cars anymore. At the end of the day, it's the feeling, the emotions that give life to these inanimate objects, and even thought I haven't gone through something similar, I can quite relate to how you feel. I seriously, seriously hope that I don't have to part ways with TooFun (our Fiesta 1.6, 2015). Can't even imagine what I have to go through!

Wishing you luck,
Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 00:02   #38
BHPian

It's an emotional moment indeed.
I traded my swift 3 years ago for the grand i10 auto. The pain one experiences is beyond imagination.
I drive a Fiesta classic diesel and I cannot imagine of the moment when I might have to part with it.
I've toyed with the idea a lot many times.. Thinking of a used Jetta, the Compass and sometimes even the Audi A3; each time brushing the thoughts away considering the package I get with the Fiesta since there's nothing wrong with the vehicle.
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 01:29   #39
BANNED

That was emotional, I have not experienced this feeling as I am currently having my first owned car.

I would like to draw all bhpian’s attention to something else. In the above posts, ‘leaving cars’ are still having the team-bhp stickers. I think it would be better to remove those stickers as I have experienced lot of ‘bad drivers’ in cars bearing team-bhp original stickers. I don’t know if they are real bhpians. I think it’s better to remove the stickers, may be just as important as changing the name in RC.

Note: ignore my comments if your car is bought by a bhpian.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 09:08   #40
BHPian

Your thread is giving me real goosebumps as my loyal Swifty of 7 years with 80k clicks is leaving soon to make way for my new car. Your write up pays absolute homage to your steed and has got me emotional as I will be facing the same in a month to forty days.
I'm trying to spend as much time as possible with him and will send him off to the new buyer, fortunately a good friend who's always loved my car!
Looking at you, I'm inspired to do a final homage and travelogue which has been long long pending. Thanks Varun!
advenk999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 19:46   #41
BHPian

This is really emotional and it’s a perfect way we true bhpians, can treat the car till minute of departure!
And you are deep love again shown with your commitment to further update the car thread!!

Wish you soon a new hunt and all new begin with a new car thread!
lokii_83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 22:42   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
After that, Bruno set off to his new home piercing a knife in my heart while he wailed silently :(

All what I can tell is, thanks a lot for all these memories Bruno. Hope you serve the new owner well and try munch the 1,00,000-kilometer milestone soon! Make some new memories with your new friend and yeah, don't forget us in this process! Thanks a lot for being there for me and our family through the past 8-years, 9-months, 3-days, 1-hour and 73,733 kilometers.
We felt the same way when we had to sell our 1986 make Hindustan Motors Ambassador Mark 4 Petrol in 2005. It was absolutely heart rending.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th July 2019 at 07:22. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Chhanda Das is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 12:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Sorry for not updating this thread from quite a long time. A lot has happened over the past few months and I can't beleive that Bruno is no more a part of our family now.

The last time I take a photo of your odometer. Not every photo turns into a milestone, but this one did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

This was the parting shot of our Figo TDCi a year back.
I guess this car does this to most of us here.

According to my wife, it was like I was giving away my daughter in marriage when I gave my 2010 Figo in exchange at the showroom for a Aspire. If I had an option, I would have retained it.
Similar photos I took too, after a good wash and the last interior shot just when heading to the showroom. And the VST group guys checking out the car when I was driving off with my new Aspire.
Attached Thumbnails
The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_5589.jpg  

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_5593.jpg  

The Monotonous Life of a Beater - Bruno's life, an Autobiography of a Ford Figo. EDIT: Sold!-img_5578.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 29th July 2019 at 12:48.
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 13:59   #44
BHPian

Man Varun, your emotional goodbye to Bruno really welled up my eyes!
I can totally relate to this as I was in the exact same position, when my family sold off our Ford Ikon. Although, that was more than 10 years ago , I still have vivid memories of myself all teary eyed when the car left the compound never to return again ! It seems that Ford cars in particular , seem to have a certain emotional bond with their owners ! Goodbye for now Bruno and hope to see you again soon
BeemerBug_06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 16:23   #45
BHPian

What an emotional good-bye. As a first generation Figo owner, I can very well relate to the emotions. In fact I am facing the same predicament with my 2010 TDCi and have thought of putting her for sale several times only to back down, giving one excuse after other. I see that the day is not far, especially my family wanting a newer, sunroof-wali, screenwali gaadi and the aging Figo with its mounting repair bills. I still can't imagine life without her and fighting tooth and nail to delay the inevitable.
I must say you maintained Bruno very well. Even after 9 years, he looks 'fair and handsome'
DreamsUnlimited is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks