Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 15:16   #31

re: Toyota Corolla: Our pre-owned workhorse EDIT: Sold!

The new contis sure are a better upgrade from the stick Goodyear been just 2k on them but definitely a great sizeup,Got mine done at Darshan tyres kothrud. Do post pics of the led headlight as well keen to have a look of brand and look of the lights.
Old 26th September 2017, 15:48   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I'd recommend Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 (fully synthetic), Shell Helix HX7 10W-40 (Semi Synth) or Shell Helix HX5 15W-40 (mineral). If you can't source them in Jalgaon they are available on Amazon India.

PS - Which engine does your car have? It is the 1ZZ-FE or 2ZR-FE? I ask because the change over to the newer engine happened in 2011-12.
Mine is the former one, 1ZZ-FE. I am coming to Pune and Chinchwad in the next week. I think I'll collect a Mobil from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
I don't have a first-hand experience with Chaudhari Toyota but a relative was sending his Innova at their Dhule facility and was quite impressed with their work. I would suggest you stick to them for oil & filter change. The biggest issue is finding the 5w30 or 10w30 synthetic oils in the open market. If you can get the oil from the Toyota dealer along with the filters then you can change it outside. I am on 15w40 for now and have barely clocked 300kms so can't comment.
Chaudhari service is very good at Jalgaon too. However I do not have any experience as I purchased the car after the 90000 kilometre service was done, and the 100000 kilometre service is yet to be done.

Your review has given me a boost to complete mine, which is the drafting stage since January
Old 26th September 2017, 17:25   #33
BHPian

Congratulations, Toyota's are considered to outlast their owners. You have made a right decision by buying corolla. Technically you are third owner of the car. What does your RC say?
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 18:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Toyota Corolla: Our pre-owned workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Asit - I took the filter from Regal Motors, SV Road, Khar West. I just called him up.

He has two variants of the air filter-

1. Imported (the box says Made in Thailand) which costs around 400 odd. The part is shared between Toyota and Lexus, as indicated by the logos on the box.

2. Denso which is 1350+.

Thank you sir. I will pick them up during my next visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pari2310 View Post
The new contis sure are a better upgrade from the stick Goodyear been just 2k on them but definitely a great sizeup,Got mine done at Darshan tyres kothrud. Do post pics of the led headlight as well keen to have a look of brand and look of the lights.

Good to know about your positive experience with the Conti's. During my next tyre change I will definitely upgrade to 205/55 R15 or 205/60 R15. I will be taking to car out for a night drive over the weekend. Will click detailed pictures then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Mine is the former one, 1ZZ-FE. I am coming to Pune and Chinchwad in the next week. I think I'll collect a Mobil from there. Chaudhari service is very good at Jalgaon too. Your review has given me a boost to complete mine, which is the drafting stage since January

Let me know when you are here, I will speak to the oil dealer and check with him if he has Mobil available in the desired grade. You should definitely complete your thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Congratulations, Toyota's are considered to outlast their owners. You have made a right decision by buying corolla. Technically you are third owner of the car. What does your RC say?

Thank you, sir. I am the third owner on the RC. On paper the first owner was Idea followed by the previous owner himself and now me.
Old 26th September 2017, 19:47   #35
BHPian

Hey Asit, amazing write-up. The Corolla is an amazing car and there are many on the used-car market along with the Civic. Its a good thing you decided to go with the brain and not heart. The Civic is one fuel guggler with low GC which would have taken a toll on the pocket.

Also regarding the FNG you have mentioned, can you please let me know the name. My ZX Vtec is up for the 1,00,000 KM service.

Cheers!!
KaandBaaz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 21:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Hey Asit, amazing write-up. The Corolla is an amazing car and there are many on the used-car market along with the Civic. Its a good thing you decided to go with the brain and not heart. The Civic is one fuel guggler with low GC which would have taken a toll on the pocket.

Also regarding the FNG you have mentioned, can you please let me know the name. My ZX Vtec is up for the 1,00,000 KM service.

Cheers!!

Thanks Kaandbaaz. I thought you had an OHC vtec. The ZX vtec must be a hoot to drive. You can contact 98229 99383 sushant Walki and give him my reference. He has a workshop near suncity, sinhgad road.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 18:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Kaandbaaz. I thought you had an OHC vtec. The ZX vtec must be a hoot to drive.
Asit
Thanks for the contact. Will contact him shortly.

Regarding the OHC Vtec, sold it last year. Bought a Civic but it was too much to handle for me, size wise and money wise. So exchanged it for the ZX with an aquaintance. The ZX is a good car but still lacks the aura of OHC as well as has the issue of body-roll.

Cheers!!

Last edited by KaandBaaz : 27th September 2017 at 18:57. Reason: changed 'or' to 'of'
KaandBaaz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 19:19   #38

What you have is a collector’s item, congrats for a great car.
Try plastidip this time (on grill and mirrors), its better than wrap for comples surfaces like grill.
Old 28th September 2017, 23:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS_93 View Post
What you have is a collector’s item, congrats for a great car.

Try plastidip this time (on grill and mirrors), its better than wrap for comples surfaces like grill.

Thank you . Given a choice I wouldn't replace her until the RTO asks me to take her off the road. I have been getting a lot of positive reviews about plastidip, should definitely try it this time.
Old 29th September 2017, 07:01   #40
BHPian

First thing first, Congrats Asit on acquiring a time less machine which lasts forever and on writing a nice detailed review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pari2310 View Post
Great review,I guess we follow the same story of a pre-owned corolla! I too managed to grab a good deal on a pearl white 2005 corolla 1.8E from Raj Motors Pune.The Rolla came home on 27th October 2015 and have definitely loved pampering it.
Quote:
Hey Pari2310!

We got our cars in the same month. I got mine on 15th October 2015.

Asit

Arre, wait for me guys . I also got my pre-owned, 2006 Corolla H5, on 23rd September 2015. So we are on same boat. Mine is done 71k as of date and going strong. Will write some more on my car another time.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 14:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
First thing first, Congrats Asit on acquiring a time less machine which lasts forever and on writing a nice detailed review.
Arre, wait for me guys . I also got my pre-owned, 2006 Corolla H5, on 23rd September 2015. So we are on same boat. Mine is done 71k as of date and going strong. Will write some more on my car another time.

KK

Thank you KK_HakunaMatata. The H5 had some class leading features. I might retrofit the driver side seat from the H5 in the near future. Please let us know about your ownership experience.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 17:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Happy Dussehra to everyone!

Toyota Corolla: Our pre-owned workhorse EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1506773428.922365.jpg
With our 2014 Tata Nano.

Toyota Corolla: Our pre-owned workhorse EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1506773442.721867.jpg
The 15 year old Activa and the 2012 Fz18

Toyota Corolla: Our pre-owned workhorse EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1506773453.504952.jpg
asit.kulkarni93 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 20:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

It's the 2nd birthday and the ODO has crossed 83.5k kms. So that's 37.5k kms in 2 years. Ownership and driving experience has been fantastic. Went for a short drive with Bhpian YCJ, Bhpian Sukiwa and my brother. Sukiwa has clicked a few amazing pics which he will be posting here post Diwali. Recently the car visited aquatint detailing studio at Aundh for the headlamp restoration. Amazing job done by the team.

Toyota Corolla: Our pre-owned workhorse EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1508077896.140742.jpg

Toyota Corolla: Our pre-owned workhorse EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1508077931.489526.jpg
Headlamp Restoration @aquatint

Toyota Corolla: Our pre-owned workhorse EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1508077957.874733.jpg
ODO Reading

Wanted to get the car detailed but due to heavy rains in Pune I will be doing it in the next week.

Last edited by asit.kulkarni93 : 15th October 2017 at 20:10.
asit.kulkarni93 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 07:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Now we know where from this Corolla gets all the 'low-end torque'; blessed by power lines. No wonder that this Corolla gets fondly called as 'D4-D' in local circles.

Toyota Corolla: Our pre-owned workhorse EDIT: Sold!-img_4988.jpg

A recent upgrade for eyes

Toyota Corolla: Our pre-owned workhorse EDIT: Sold!-img_5012.jpg

Toyota Corolla: Our pre-owned workhorse EDIT: Sold!-img_5021.jpg
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 09:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Now we know where from this Corolla gets all the 'low-end torque'; blessed by power lines. No wonder that this Corolla gets fondly called as 'D4-D' in local circles.

Lol. Thank you Suhas sir for accompanying me for the short drive and these amazing pics. Now I really understood what you meant the other day by parking under those lines.

Most Viewed