Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 20th September 2018, 22:30   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
How about the wing mirrors, is it possible to make the wrap stick on the curved surface?
Need to try.

I've seen 3M doing it on many cars so should be possible.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 23:09   #257
BHPian

Default re: Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Need to try.

I've seen 3M doing it on many cars so should be possible.
If possible try those glossy ones I suppose they are called 5D or something, not sure though.
francis_vaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 09:13   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Have a few questions, please bear with me:
  1. When the MID displayed 20,000 kms was it after servicing?
    >> It was after about 300+ kms
  2. What was the odometer at the time the MID was displaying 20,000 kms?
    >> It was around 300+kms later compared to the Odometer @service
  3. When was the car serviced last?
    >>The car was service in the 1st week of Jun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
The service reminder's "Days" and the "Km remaining" can be changed and inputted manually. Could've been a goof up by some one at the ASC. Not sure what effect using Delvac 1 will have on that.
Yes did check that the moment I saw that but that hasn't been changed

The reason for this post is to see if the car's sensor check the viscosity of the oil and other parameters before arriving at the number
Old 21st September 2018, 09:36   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
The reason for this post is to see if the car's sensor check the viscosity of the oil and other parameters before arriving at the number
Ahh.. It doesn't, since the days and KM need to be manually reset. That would've been a pretty cool feature if it did.
Is there any car out there which does?
Old 21st September 2018, 11:09   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Ahh.. It doesn't, since the days and KM need to be manually reset. That would've been a pretty cool feature if it did.
Is there any car out there which does?
Guess the manual reset was done during the service so am trying to figure out the reason for the increase in no. of kms.

Looks like I gave too much credit to the designers. Will wait for your feedback then on the no. of kms
Old 21st September 2018, 16:44   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Guess the manual reset was done during the service so am trying to figure out the reason for the increase in no. of kms.

Looks like I gave too much credit to the designers. Will wait for your feedback then on the no. of kms
Yes, the increase is strange. But I feel the reason could be something small, like driver/children unknowingly fiddling with the setting.

The way I do it is, After receiving the car from servicing I manually adjust the service reminder, and since our car doesn't do 10k KM between services, I just ignore the KM reminder and manually set the reminder date to be 8 months from that day.

I go get the car serviced when the day reading is reaching the end regardless of what the KM reading is.

Just my 2 cents, hope I was of some help.
Old 21st September 2018, 16:51   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, the increase is strange. But I feel the reason could be something small, like driver/children unknowingly fiddling with the setting.
The number of days works fine in mine. My service date is Oct 20 and from yesterday, I get this countdown everytime I start the car. But the km is shown as 40k km (I got the service done at 34k kms, so it should be 44k kms). BTW, they have set the reminder for 6 months and not 1 year and I don't even bother to set this interval on the MID. They have sticker stuck on my visor (showing the due date and kms) which is more eye catching than this .
Old 21st September 2018, 16:56   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
But the km is shown as 40k km (I got the service done at 34k kms, so it should be 44k kms).
That is because the Km too has to be manually inputted. Otherwise it goes to some default setting(multiples of 10k), I guess.
Quote:
They have sticker stuck on my visor (showing the due date and kms) which is more eye catching than this .
Haha.. Interesting! But on the contrary, it is the otherway round for me. I would probably ignore the sticker on the windshield but always notice the service reminder on MID upon start up..
Old 21st September 2018, 17:01   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Here is what I had mentioned earlier

It was around 20k kms earlier and now it has reduced

Did you see this jump in kms for an upcoming service when you use Mobil Delvac 1
One possible reason:

On the day of previous service, it will be 365 days and 20,000 km. These 18054 km is extrapolated (estimated) reading, based on your present average daily running, at the end of these 365 days, of which 266 are yet to pass.

If it is so, this number of 18054 will drop further in the coming days, if the car does not run (or runs less than the present average).

You can confirm this with your ASC. Other Creta owners also can share their observation.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 21st September 2018 at 17:03.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 17:22   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
If it is so, this number of 18054 will drop further in the coming days, if the car does not run (or runs less than the present average).
+1 sir. That's how it works.

My car was serviced on the 14th so after the service, I reset the service interval on the MID (10,000 kms or 365 days).

Currently, it is as shown below:
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180921_1713161280x720.jpg

The 'km' reading decreases as I drive so when the 'km' readings go 0, I head for the next service i.e. 50,000 kms service.

If I don't drive for 1 day, the 'km' reading remains the same but days decreases.

Quote:
It was around 20k kms earlier and now it has reduced
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
The number of days works fine in mine.
Quote:
That is because the Km too has to be manually inputted.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 23:23   #266
Senior - BHPian

MODIFICATION 31: Glove Box Felt Lining

In the pursuit of getting a silent cabin, this is one small step in the same direction whereas the other consisting of damping the doors which will be done in the coming days that should arrest the larger culprits (if any!).

Inspired by (Honda Brio DIY: Felt-lined Glovebox)gpa's DIYs on felt-lining the glove box on his Brio I too did the same on my Creta.

Thanks to my wife who was the helping hand in the DIY. Being an artist she has a good hand at making all cuts and creases perfect. The execution is excellent to my eyes.

Tools Needed
  1. Hobby knife
  2. Felt lining depending on the area to be worked upon
  3. Fevicol SR 998 - Synthetic Rubber Adhesive
  4. A brush to apply the adhesive
  5. Newspaper
  6. Cloth hanger clips
  7. Microfibre cloth
  8. Roller
  9. Pencil/marker for all marking or tracing jobs

Fevicol SR 998 Adhesive, Knife
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-items-.jpg

Roller used, Marker pen
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-items-1.jpg

Process Followed:
  • Empty the glove box and remove it from the mounts;

• Using the newspaper trace the lines and make templates for each side;

• Using that template made from the newspaper, place it on the felt-lining material and cut the pieces;

• Place the cut pieces of the felt-lining and check for any rough edges and if required do the trimming;

• After the necessary trimming and IF all okay, keep the pieces aside and clean the interiors of the glove box;

• Using a brush apply the adhesive (Fevicol SR 998) evenly on all sides;

• Place the pieces one-by-one and then use the roller for even application of the glue;

• Use cloth hanger clips and put them on the edges so it is held tight;

• Let the glove box aside overnight for drying before refitting it into the car.

Roll purchased
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-1.-roll-purchased.jpg

Fabric on the top
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-2.-fabric.jpg

27 sqft purchased @ ₹ 16/sqft (₹ 430)
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-3.-27-sqft-material.jpg

Glove box contents...
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-4.-glove-box-full-items.jpg

...emptied to remove for felt-lining
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-5.-glove-box-emptied.jpg

Press inwards on top (indicated with arrows) and pull outwards to free the top part of the glove box****
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-6.-press-inwards-release-drop-down.jpg

Remove the two tabs that hold the lower part of the glove box
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-7.-remove-two-tabs-free-glove-box.jpg

Glove box out and ready for getting felt-lined
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-8.-glove-box-removed.jpg

Using the newspaper for tracing the shape and making the template
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-9.-using-newspaper-make-template.jpg

Cutting to make the template
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-10.-cutting-make-template.jpg

Test fit
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-11.-test-fit.jpg

All templates ready
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-12.-all-templates-ready.jpg

Traced the templates on the felt lining material and ready to be cut
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-13.-traced-templates-felt-lining-material-ready-cut.jpg

Right side part checking for a rough fit
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-14.-right-part-checking-rough-fit.jpg

Left side part checking for a rough fit
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-15.-left-part-checking-rough-fit.jpg

A small piece on the top cut to imitate the cut in the glove box (See 6th image highlighted with 4 asterisks)
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-16.-small-piece-cut-imitate-cut-top-part-glove-box.jpg

Test fitting all pieces before final trimming and glue application
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-17.-test-fit-all-pieces-before-final-trimming-glue-application.jpg

Adhesive application in progress
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-18.-fevicol-application-wip.jpg

Held the edges with clothes hanger clips
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-19.-held-edges-clothes-hanger-clips.jpg

Left overnight for drying before re-fitting in the car
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-20.-all-done-left-overnight-drying.jpg
a4anurag is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 01:03   #267
BHPian

You should have not used rubber adhesive, the spirit that it releases while drying up melts the plastic or rather makes it soft and malleable. The effect will be visible within 2-3 days. I would love to keep my fingers crossed that nothing actually happens but you should have rather used white adhesive Anurag.
Rshrey22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 09:39   #268

Quote:

So far have driven 60 kms after the HID fix, I can say it is 25-35% better than the halogens and I have kept the height at 'Level 2' with the HID's as compared to 'Level 1' to avoid any glare on the oncoming road users.

The other thing that I can confirm is, flashing works after the HID has been in OFF for a longer time (this was one worry as HID's need time to startup compared to halogens so the flashing feature in the day time would be lost but that's not the case here. Thank God!).

One thing I understand is the projectors are designed keeping the halogen bulbs in mind so if one fits the HID's in place, output will not be as desirable as projectors specifically designed for HID's. So one must not expect a high amount of transition and betterment in output with HID's in the same projector.

Shall update the thread regularly as I clock miles at night with this setup.

I'm planning to install Morimoto 9005 Elite in my Creta stock Projector. I wanted to know did you install a CANBUS decoder?

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd October 2018 at 09:52. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 3rd October 2018, 10:15   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh17 View Post
I wanted to know did you install a CANBUS decoder?
It was included in the kit and not a separate wiring harness. So the OEM headlight coupler plugs into the CANBUS coupler. See the diagram below:

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-11.-instructions-manual.jpg
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 11:40   #270

Quote:
It was included in the kit and not a separate wiring harness. So the OEM headlight coupler plugs into the CANBUS coupler. See the diagram below:

Attachment 1804443

Do you believe this to be a genuine OSRAM kit? Because TheRetroFitSource.com says Philips and OSRAM never manufactured HIDs in H series bulbs.

Also any thoughts on fitting an aftermarket projector in the Fog lamp assembly?
dinesh17 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed