Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2018, 13:13   #211
BHPian

re: Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Base Cap removed...
Attachment 1793279

...to help pass wiring
Attachment 1793280
Any plans on adding a puddle lamp over this cover?
It looks sufficient to fit a bolt on LED.

Also I think I read somewhere either in the creta or swift ownership thread that you had checked out some heated wing mirror with these LED turn indicators, any idea if they are still available and if so can you share the details?
francis_vaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 15:01   #212
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
....any idea if they are still available and if so can you share the details?
Apologies buddy. Not able to find that link. Will share it if I can find it.

I had an option of getting heated mirrors too for the Creta but wasn't sure of the wiring, fuse, switch etc so didn't get it.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th August 2018 at 22:34. Reason: Typo
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 00:31   #213
BANNED

MODIFICATION #27: Puddle Lamps

Been thinking of doing this modification since long and finally, it did happen.

Ordered the Puddle Lamps along with the Anti-glare ORVM and both were delivered the same day. We did perform 50% of the DIY day before yesterday but didn't update the thread as I didn't have the videos and a few images. Thanks to BHPian interc00led who did accompany me on this DIY and also we did the same on his Fiesta too so it was a simultaneous job.

Plus half of the wiring related job was done when Footwell Lighting was done so this MOD was more or less easy.
  • A dual-core wire was pulled from the passenger side A-Pillar into the passenger side footwell behind the glove box;

• A chocolate block connector was used to connect all the 4 wires from each footwell to complete the footwell lighting wiring setup.

• This made things easy as we used the same chocolate block connector to power the puddle lamps.

• A dual-core wire was drawn from each ORVM unit to the above chocolate block connector to power the puddle lamps.

What I paid
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-1.-what-i-paid.jpg

Puddle Lamps - Tied in pairs (5 pairs)
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-2.-puddle-lamps-tied-pairs.jpg

Puddle Lamps - Another view
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-3.-puddle-lamps-another-view.jpg

LED's used in the Puddle Lamps
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-4.-leds-used-puddle-lamps.jpg

Dimensions and details of the LED
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-5.-dimensions.jpg

Drilling a hole in the base cap of the ORVM
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-5.-drilling-hole-base-cap.jpg

After the hole was drilled, Puddle lamp fixed and how it looks outside
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-6.-puddle-lamp-fixed-base-cap-outside-view.jpg

Held together tight with the nut
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-7.-puddle-lamp-fixed-base-cap-inside-view.jpg

Base cap fixed on the ORVM unit
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-8.-base-cap-fixed-orvm-unit.jpg

How the lamp looks when mounted on the door
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-9.-how-looks-when-mounted-door.jpg

Light spread - Front 3 quarter view
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-10.-light-spread-front-view.jpg

Light spread - Rear 3 quarter view
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-11.-light-spread-rear-view.jpg

Close-up of the Puddle lamps when glowing
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-12.-close-up-puddle-lamps.jpg

A small video showing the Puddle Lamps functioning

PS: Overall not too happy with the MOD since the lamp is too close to the door and 50% of the light is being blocked by the door itself and not reaching the floor. There is hardly any space inside the ORVM where this could be mounted and moreover, the base part is a single piece so anything goes wrong the whole unit would need a change as seen in the parts catalogue on Boodmo. Wish there was a child part for the base plastic of the ORVM and some space inside, we would have mounted it towards the outer end of the ORVM.

PPS: Shall upload better quality images and videos of the Puddle lamps functioning. It wasn't completely dark when the images and video were taken to show the lighting output.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th August 2018 at 20:08. Reason: typo fixed
a4anurag is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 10:37   #214
BHPian

Looks great Anurag. For the puddle lamps, you could stick a plastic part to block the light going towards the door. This would also guide more light towards the ground.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 11:58   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess you should move it out a bit further. Thanks to the curved bodyline, a lot of light is reflected back onto the ORVM itself.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 12:52   #216
BHPian

Looks great.
The part that you have drilled is quite small than the one on the Ertiga and it is quite closer to the body as well.
As you have replaced the mirror with the indicator one, when you took it apart was there space behind the mirror(glass)?
If yes, why don't you drill the mirror body and fit the light a bit far from the body?
francis_vaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 12:20   #217
BHPian

Quote:

The top end Creta comes with single bulb projector setup. It is the shield in the projector unit that switches the beams (read low beam <-> high beam).

Which car are you looking for upgrading the headlights?
I own a SX(O) too and hence keen on upgrading the bulbs. Didn't realize that the projector setup switches the beam

Thanks for confirming and allaying my apprehension
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 10:57   #218
BANNED

Two clear images showing the light spread currently.

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180827_1847301600x900.jpg

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180827_1846551600x900.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
For the puddle lamps, you could stick a plastic part to block the light going towards the door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I guess you should move it out a bit further.
Visiting my FNG today for some jugaad to get the light focus more on the road than on the door.

Shall update when done.

Quote:
As you have replaced the mirror with the indicator one, when you took it apart was there space behind the mirror(glass)?
Hardly any space behind for the puddle lamp to fit.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 16:43   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Two clear images showing the light spread currently.
If you open the door, the puddle light will move away with the door. That leaves the area right under the door in darkness.
Personally, i feel the puddle light is more effective when fitted under the door edge.
Myth_sx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 21:36   #220
BHPian

Thank you for the detailed steps in all your DIY's. It makes most of the tasks simple for anyone who is doing the same. I will be using your method for removing the bumper for fixing fog lamps. I need some support from you, which are mentioned below.

Quote:
MODIFICATION #23: LED Fog Light + DRL
[*]LED Fog lamps
DRL looks cool. From where you purchased this? If online, please provide a link.

Quote:
MODIFICATION #23: LED Fog Light + DRL

There are two choices to get the DRL functioning. They are:

Option B) Pull the wiring inside and connect it to a Fuse Tap cable and connect it to a fuse that functions ONLY when ACC/igniton mode.
With reference to the above quote, please advice the path you pulled the wiring from the cabin to the engine bay. I tried my level best, but couldn't find a suitable path. I am looking for an existing path i can follow.

Along with the same, are the 4 screws used for fixing fog lamps the same size? I have only 2 screws in place with the existing cover and the other two slots don't have any screws. I tried the vacant slots with the current screw, but seems bit tight.
sujithsidhardha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 22:15   #221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
Thank you for the detailed steps in all your DIY's. It makes most of the tasks simple for anyone who is doing the same. I will be using your method for removing the bumper for fixing fog lamps.
Thank you, sir. Happy it is of help.

Quote:
DRL looks cool. From where you purchased this? If online, please provide a link.
I had purchased it from 'Car Plus' website. They seem to have removed the listing. Here's one on Amazon.in.

https://www.amazon.in/Auto-Star-Lamps-Hyundai-HY-871/dp/B06Y1KX2C7

Quote:
With reference to the above quote, please advice the path you pulled the wiring from the cabin to the engine bay. I tried my level best, but couldn't find a suitable path. I am looking for an existing path I can follow.
I've sent the wire inside the passenger compartment from the engine bay through the grommet located near the fuel filter. A wire passed through it will come out behind the AC filter unit and from there you can take it behind the central console towards the driver's side and to the fuse box.

PS: Have sent you a PM.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 19:39   #222
BHPian

Quote:
DISCLAIMER & WARNING

I am NOT responsible if there is any loss of life or damage to personal or private property after following this and deactivating the video warning and watching videos on the move. Please do it at your sole discretion.

'Enter Password' page will be visible

Type '0744' and Press OK to enter into 'Engineer Mode'
Tried this on my 2017 Elite i20. Was able to get the password screen. But the password 0744 for Engineer Mode didn't work. Not sure how the guy in the video got this for Creta.
vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 11:35   #223
BHPian

Hey Anurag, any update on the puddle lamps?
Were you able to solve the reflection problem?
Have you tried removing the clear lens cover that is there over the lights.
The ones that I have installed on my Ertiga have a flood type light, that is why it doesn't spread much on the body but falls completely down.
Old 8th September 2018, 12:26   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
Not sure how the guy in the video got this for Creta.
It is not of much use. The reason, every time the HU/car is switched OFF, the settings revert to OEM. So when one restarts the car/HU, the whole process of feeding the password etc has to be repeated, not worth doing it. If you need a permanent fix, there is a by-pass wiring harness that you need to buy.

Quote:
Hey Anurag, any update on the puddle lamps?
None so far. Have left it at that.

Awaiting delivery of another set of puddle lamps that I had ordered earlier and was cancelled due to shipping issues but now I see that it has been shipped (getting it at 25% price than original) so will remove the current ones and fit these when delivered.

A close friend and BHPian gave me the feedback that it is sticking out like a sore thumb which I agree hence shall get a smaller one in a size that sits slightly more flush than this. When I install these new ones, will modify in such a way that they throw light more on the road. Will keep you updated.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th September 2018 at 08:28. Reason: Grammar
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 12:57   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Will keep you updated.
Thanks.
You can check these, they sit very flush to the body and don't stick out but they require a larger size drill.

http://s.aliexpress.com/6RZJFVby?fromSns
francis_vaz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks