Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2018, 00:12   #16
BHPian

re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

Let me be the first to congratulate you graaja. Awesome ownership review. You have set a new standard for ownership reviews. Glad that I was a part of your buying decision. The car looks stunning in the Estoril blue colour.

Wish you years of happy and safe motoring.

Regards.
Asta_la_vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 08:26   #17
EP.
BHPian

re: A GT joins a GT - Estoril Blue BMW 330i GT M-Sport comes home - EDIT: 100,000 kilometers up

Congratulations on your new car! Welcome to the BMW family.
EP. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 09:21   #18
BHPian

What can I say? Take a bow my dear sir.

Stunning attention to detail, meticulous elaboration and the pictures from Krish sir - the icing on the cake.

Joy, truly is BMW.
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 09:54   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations once again graaja on your first BMW. That's a wonderfully composed review

Cars like the Jetta and Octavia are difficult cars to upgrade from and your confusion will probably be echoed by many owners. I am glad you found a car that fits your needs and expectations perfectly. I still believe you would have been happier with the 530i.

Boat and BMW are words not generally found in the same sentence and it is a bit disappointing that the suspension is so soft that it warrants a modification. What is the upgrade to the M sport suspension going to cost you? I look forward to your update on the upgrade. In case you find the M sports suspension too stiff, you have the option of switching to tubeless to hit that sweet spot between handling and ride comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Sports+ mode is similar to Sports mode, but with DSC (dynamic stability control) turned off. I have not tried this mode, but I have read in BMW forums that turning off DSC disables some safety features like stability control, corner braking etc and makes the car more tail happy. I don’t plan to test this mode unless I can get the car on a track (which I don't think is going to happen any soon)! But I could try this for the launch control.
Sport+ does not turn off the DSC completely. It just turns down the assistance a bit so that it allows for a bit of slip before cutting in. BMW calls it DTC mode. You can use this mode on public roads without worrying about being risky. You have a separate switch which does turn off DSC completely though and that mode will really make the car slide on its rears. Turning DSC completely off - that is risky on public roads.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 26th March 2018 at 09:57.
Santoshbhat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 10:22   #20
BHPian

Superbly detailed review with tons of insights for those who ever look up for a GT review. GT is definitely a car which doesn't fit the usual mold with both its design and its performance. It gives you unBMW type space and performance (both contrary to BMW) but its practicality trumps its disadvantage of high speed ride.

I had driven the 3 series GT 3 years back and had come back very impressed with its interiors, unlike a typical 3 series. Space goes for the space. I also agree that it does drive feeling a bit more bloated than the 3 series. However, I wouldn't say no if one were to gift a GT to me

Looking forward to reading how it changes character with the suspension upgrades you are looking to do.
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 10:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is a fantastically written review! Thank you very much for helping me waste one hour of time in the office

Ever since you had decided to buy the 3-series GT, I have been noticing a larger number of them on the road when compared to the regular 3-series sedan. I guess we need that added level of practicality for our conditions.

I am looking forward to your mods thread on converting the suspension. Feel a bit sad that the adjustable M-Sport suspension is not available as standard on the M-Sport trim. Most reviews I read online said that this feature is a must-have on the GT. I hope you can prove those reviewers right.
KiloAlpha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 11:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This Valentine’s day, a BMW 330i GT M-Sport joined the Polo GT in my portico.
Congrats Graaja on your latest acquisition, and its the best shade (Personally) on any car.

We all can safely assume, that this is one V-Day which your spouse will not be very fond of. LOL

Your GT Junior has garnered all the accolades for the various mods you have done . So the GT Senior already looks smashing in the shade, and has much of the task cut out with you getting rid of all the chrome.

Looking forward to the exclusive/exquisite mods on the GT Senior.

Wishing you many more happy and fuss free GT (Gran Tourismo). Happy Motoring.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 11:49   #23
BHPian

Dear grraja,

Congratulations on your latest acquisition. Wishing you many years of happy and safe motoring with blue GT.

Thank you for the healthy dose of nice pictures.

Last edited by N4Nikunj : 26th March 2018 at 11:51.
N4Nikunj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 12:24   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations! I hope you know that you are amongst the rarest of rare in TN to buy a petrol BMW. BMW India needs enthusiasts like you.

Thanks for the detailed and honest purchase/ownership report.

I'm quite disappointed to know about your feedback that your BMW drives like a boat at highway speeds.

I have never driven a BMW 3 series GT. However, I've driven the 328i, 330i and 320D a little bit and I enjoyed the handling without a doubt. The ride on the other hand, was not the most comfortable but nothing to complain about.

The ride-handling package seems to be very different for the sedan and GT then.

I hope you are able to improve the handling in due course with some modifications/replacements.

Last edited by kiku007 : 26th March 2018 at 12:27.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 12:52   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

So a magic carpet in Turkish (turquoise) blue for the Prince of Persia and his lady love?

Congrats - love the brown cognac interiors.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 13:12   #26
BHPian

Did i read an ownership review or the Teambhp official review. Kudos to that detail with pictures. Lovely car and colour. Wishing you a tons of happy miles.
blackbeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 14:20   #27
BHPian

Congratulations Graaja sir!

You have set a very high benchmark for ownership reviews
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 15:05   #28
BHPian

Re: Exteriors

Oh beautiful car that! Looks brilliant in blue shade. And what a grand ownership review. Very neat. Heartiest congratulations on your prized possession. May you and your family enjoy many happy and safe miles with it .

Quote:
Exteriors:

When it comes to looks, the GT seems to be quite the controversial car that gets totally mixed opinions.
I'm from 'love the looks' group . One of the best looking BMWs IMO.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 15:09   #29
BHPian

Congratulations Graaja!

The ownership reviews looked more like an official Team-BHP Review. Very good work there!!!

I hope your time with this GT is better than Polo GT.
meetzap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 15:50   #30
BHPian

wonderfully written review, Graaja. Have a great time with this machine. Sometimes RWDs tend to give a bobbing feeling at high speeds. But not what you mentioned. It might not actually need a Sport Suspension, but raise the stiffness of the current one?
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks