Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2006, 15:41   #1
BHPian

Baleno 1000 kms - Updated

Completed the first 1000 kms (1100 actually) peacefully and just completed the first free service.

Car was given for service with two complaints.

1. Central Door Lock / Unlock not working either from the switch by the Driver Door Side or through the manual key since fitting the Remote Door Opener.
2. Slight vibration when AC is on and vehicle is idling.

Post Service:

1. Dealer maintains that Central Door Lock / Unlock will not work through switch or key if Remote Door Opener is installed. They maintain that this is the way even with VXi which comes with stock Remote Opener. If any VXi Owner can let know, it will be of help.
2. Vibration is reduced.
3. All scratches (Scratch # 1 caused by auto on the passenger side door and scratch # 2 seems caused delibrately by someone on the Right rear side) have been removed by the Dealer through polishing.
4. Engine Oil and Oil Filter have been changed (Rs.710).
5. Changed to 90/100W (GE Bulbs and PMP Relay). Difference is quite evident and inspiring.

The 1100 Kms have been done mostly in city (750 kms) and 350 (high way). THe city driving is mostly on dense traffic. I consider myself blessed if I could reach 4th gear. A/C on 100% of the time. So far, filled in 100 litres of petrol and FE stands at 11 kms (combined). I have not measured the FE by Highway / City separately.

All driving limited to 2500 RPM (max) and 90 kms/hour (max). Plan to do the next 1000 kms on 3000 RPM (Max) and 120 kms / hour (max).

Vehicle running is very smooth. Gear selection is quite slick now. However, first gear feels little rough when compared to others.

Tire noise intrusion (since switching to alloys and tubeless 185/65/R14) is still there. Else, traffic noise is very minimal inside the cabin. Currently running with tire pressure of 29 psi.

A/c works very well and cabin cools down quite fast.

Suspension feels taut and is able to take most of the small pot holes with ease.

Getting used to the car is till happening since I have been driving a M800 for the last 8 years. However, driving around both on the highway as well as in the city, is quite a pleasure.
Old 26th December 2006, 16:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

nice to see that your enjoying it. im just getting rid of a baleno after using it for 3yrs and 80k kms. its a great car.. the gearbox is good but the 5th gear is a bit dodgy.
Old 26th December 2006, 16:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice review, Subbu.

And good to know that you are enjoying the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu
Changed to 90/100W (GE Bulbs and PMP Relay). Difference is quite evident and inspiring.
Where did you get this done ? At the dealers ? Was it simple or involved any cutting of wires etc ?

The headlamp intensity is one thing I found inadequate in the Baleno and would like to do something about it.
Old 26th December 2006, 18:59   #4
BHPian

No Cuts Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Changed to 90/100W (GE Bulbs and PMP Relay). Difference is quite evident and inspiring.
Hey supremeBaleno,
No Cuts required for installation I just got mine done with 130/100 Philips Halogen and PMP Relay with the relay cable, it's just disconnecting and connecting.
@Subbu,
Nice review yaar, Try using the 5th Gear at 40Kmph it works just fine for me... You can run on 4th gear even if you are doing 25kmph. Try this and let me know I do this on my car and it just works fine.
Thanks,
Mega
Old 26th December 2006, 19:47   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nice review, Subbu.

And good to know that you are enjoying the experience.

Where did you get this done ? At the dealers ? Was it simple or involved any cutting of wires etc ?

The headlamp intensity is one thing I found inadequate in the Baleno and would like to do something about it.
u can get this done anywhere. its not a big job. switch to 100/90w bubls and youll be just fine.
Old 26th December 2006, 22:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Nice review, Subbu.

Supremo... Got it changed at Khivraj Motors itself. Paid Rs.1000/ for the same. May be slightly higher but did'nt have the time to go to the market. The GE Bulbs carry 6 months warranty. No cutting / slicing etc. They install in 15 minutes flat.
Old 26th December 2006, 22:21   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
nice to see that your enjoying it. im just getting rid of a baleno after using it for 3yrs and 80k kms. its a great car.. the gearbox is good but the 5th gear is a bit dodgy.
Akshay... 3 years and 80k kms ?. What were you using the vehicle for !!!!. Thanks and I am enjoying the vehicle. I am able to find the 5th gear with ease.
Old 26th December 2006, 22:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega5918 View Post
Hey supremeBaleno,
Try using the 5th Gear at 40Kmph it works just fine for me... You can run on 4th gear even if you are doing 25kmph. Try this and let me know I do this on my car and it just works fine.
Thanks,
Mega
Hi Mega.... Will give it a try. What's the FE you are getting ?. Else 4th gear gives a sense of grip at that speed.
Old 27th December 2006, 11:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu View Post
Dealer maintains that Central Door Lock / Unlock will not work through switch or key if Remote Door Opener is installed. They maintain that this is the way even with VXi which comes with stock Remote Opener. If any VXi Owner can let know, it will be of help.

Tire noise intrusion (since switching to alloys and tubeless 185/65/R14) is still there. Else, traffic noise is very minimal inside the cabin. Currently running with tire pressure of 29 psi.
Ask the dealer to demonstrate if they have a VXi being serviced. My VXi's central lock works with the internal switch as well as the key. They must have screwed it up while installing the remote.

Try 27psi .. recommended is 25 for city and 29 for highway.
Old 28th December 2006, 06:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completed the first 1000 kms (1100 actually) peacefully and just completed the first free service.

Car was given for service with two complaints.

1. Central Door Lock / Unlock not working either from the switch by the Driver Door Side or through the manual key since fitting the Remote Door Opener.
2. Slight vibration when AC is on and vehicle is idling.

Post Service:

1. Dealer maintains that Central Door Lock / Unlock will not work through switch or key if Remote Door Opener is installed. They maintain that this is the way even with VXi which comes with stock Remote Opener. If any VXi Owner can let know, it will be of help.
I think the dealer has misled you with this central locking thing. I own an Esteem VXi and I do not have this problem. I do have the remote provided by the factory and am still able to use the central locking system with the switch and key. Which dealer is this ? I suggest you try CARS at Ambattur Indl Estate. They have been doing a fabulous job on my car for the last 3 years and I have had no problems whatsoever claiming warranties(have done it on two or three occasions !).
Old 8th January 2007, 16:02   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer maintains that Central Door Lock / Unlock will not work through switch or key if Remote Door Opener is installed. They maintain that this is the way even with VXi which comes with stock Remote Opener. If any VXi Owner can let know, it will be of help.
The dealer is conning you dude.
My stock VXi with remote has no such issue. I can use the central lock with a key or with the remote. I often do lock it with the key only, especially if it's going to be overnight in my lock-up garage, saves the battery since the alarm is not armed.
Old 8th January 2007, 18:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
5. Changed to 90/100W (GE Bulbs and PMP Relay). Difference is quite evident and inspiring.
How much does this cost...
Is this Halogen??
Old 8th January 2007, 18:58   #13
BHPian

Yes it is Halogen. Bulbs cost Rs.150 per bulb (Rs.300 for 2). Relay / Wiring plus fitment charges. I paid Rs.1000/ totally and it was fitted by the dealer during service. You should be able to get it done cheaper outside.
Old 12th January 2007, 14:24   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Most of the stock cars in the market these days really have inadequate lighting power..maybe this is one is in the list of manafacturers cost cutting list

I changed mine stock ( 55/60) to 90/100 Phillips Blue Vision and paid a total of 1400 bucks with no cutting the wires, quick installation and now there is a world of difference

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks