Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2007, 11:55   #31
BANNED

Gautam baba please do a pooja on your car and get it over with. And no, get your own pooja!
Old 5th February 2007, 11:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Recently a Sumo chap banged his parked car again, you know Boom? Don get a good pooja done i'm telling you, tera time thik nahi chal raha hai!
Old 6th February 2007, 09:29   #33
BANNED

Arrey Don,

Tumko pakadna mushkil hai magar tumhari gaddi ko bahut log chumma de rahe hai. Puja paath karo kisi ki buri nazar lag rahi hai.

Viper
Old 6th February 2007, 13:20   #34
BANNED

Congrats ..Once skoda always Skoda Lol
Old 6th February 2007, 16:02   #35
BHPian

Congrats dude...

Hey dude nice one...
Just for a note..how much better is the petrol one....?
I have never driven or sat in a Diesel Skoda, so I wouldn't know the difference...I was just put away by the diesels noise so never even tried it, and took the 1.8TPI, so now you have both...
nice one...
Old 23rd May 2007, 16:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Update

I guess its time to update you guys on my experience with the vRS.

I got the car with almost 23000 on the odo and the odo now reads 34000 kms. 11000 kms - so how has it been ? Here goes....

150 BHP is what the vRS is all about and it does not let you down. Just slot into 1st, dump the clutch and stomp on the pedal and the car pins you back viciously in the snug seat and accelerates insanely. Shift into 2nd and floor it - you hear the engine start to growl till it reaches a crescendo - meanwhile the scenery simply blurs and blasts past you till you hit the limiter and realise that you are doing speeds in excess of 120 kmph. wooohooo.

You want to slow down and a dab on the brake pedal and the car sheds speed faster than the guy who is shedding his clothes on his way to a roll in the hay with the woman of his dreams. All discs on 4 wheels help immensely.

This is what a car should be like 0-100 like you want and 100-0 when you want. Simply awesome.

The ride quality is typical German. Inspite of a ride thats stiffer, much stiffer than the diesel, the pot holes are dismissed like swatting a fly. The only concern being the low ground clearance specially the front bumper. I would not want a scratch on that smart looking bumper. But passengers have always complained about the ride being stiffer even with 26 psi in all 4 tyres. I ain't complaining. The stiff ride means better handling and throwing it round corners is a joy. The gadgetery makes you a better driver, more confident around the corners. ABS works fine, had the chance to test it due a couple of foolish taxi drivers.

The climatronic A/C works superbly. Chilling you quickly and efficiently. And it does not have any load effect on the engine. The all black interiors reek of quality, typical European finish.

The steering and gear knob are all leather. The steering is 3 spoke and small, just right. Lacks in feel though - it gets better as speeds build up but I still love the feel of the Ikon's steering in my hands. Gear slots in easy, no false shifts yet.

The seats, recaro type are perfect - hugging you so tight and snug like no girl could . The travel on the front seats is limited that liberates a bit more space for the back benchers (slightly more than the diesel).

I love the sunroof or is it moonroof ? Since I have jet black tints, I just open the sunroof when I spot a cop. The extra light helps you see.

I simply love the Xenons. Since I have a tinted front windscreen, the Xenons light up the road nice and bright. The spread is great and the high beams are well directed too.

I simply love the Cruise Control - quite handy on romantic long drives with the better half.

I just love the reverse parking sensor. Helps quite a lot when you can't see a thing behind.

FE - hovers between 9-11 kmpl. But these days its going down, got 8 last time - that's my fault. I now know what the car is capable of and how it does it, so been pushing it a bit and its getting addictive.

Gosh - you guys must think I am going on and on about what I like and not telling you the negatives. Yes there are things that leave you fustrated too.

The ash tray lock is simply flimsy. It has to break down everytime there is a bit of force and remains open looking ugly. Had this experience in the diesel too.

The left rear door rattles. Get it fixed and after a while it starts again. Same experience with the diesel. Seems like these 2 problems are chronic.

The Sun roof manages to wet me with a couple of drops of water everytime its washed. thinking of getting it checked before the monsoons.

The closing and opening of OVRM's is manual. Only the adjustments is electric. I wish I could open and shut the ORVM's electrically.

Thats it. Overall its been a hugely satisfying car. I am in love with it.

And yeah - recently got it serviced. no problems on the service front. The air bag light is on due to dust on the sensor. Its happened before with the engine light as well. Since the service centre doesnt have the machine with them , I could not flash it. Anyways the service guys have promised to call me when the machine arrives.

Below I am listing the service bill -

Mobil 1 5W-50 4.5L - 3700
Air Filter - 610
Fuel Filter - 403
Oil Filter - 320
Misc - 300 includes cooloant - power steering fluid - windshield wash concentrate
Paid Service - 850
Door setting - 150

Total - 6335
MVAT 12.5 % - 667
Service Tax - 122.5

Grand Bill Final - 7124.50

After service- the car has come more alive. All in all - if you want to get out of your car with a silly grin on your face everytime - The Skoda vRS it is.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 23rd May 2007 at 18:39.
Old 23rd May 2007, 16:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

wow what an update :-)

Nice to know that you are loving it
Old 23rd May 2007, 17:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

You are in love aren't you? She seems lovely.
Old 23rd May 2007, 17:02   #39
Team-BHP Support

Nice review Gautam. The VRs is a beast own!
Old 23rd May 2007, 17:08   #40
BHPian

NC good review, nice to know you are enjoying it,
Can I know what's the deal you got.
Old 23rd May 2007, 17:34   #41
BHPian

Awesome review. Keep rolling.
Old 23rd May 2007, 17:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

..... the guy who is shedding his clothes on his way to a roll in the hay with the woman of his dreams.

...... hugging you so tight and snug like no girl could .

...... quite handy on romantic long drives with the better half.
Since tum baat baat pe ladki log ko beech mein laa raha hain, tumhara shaadi ho raha hain kya?
Old 23rd May 2007, 18:37   #43
Team-BHP Support

you lucky lucky guy, keep driving and posting for us to envy
Old 24th May 2007, 10:22   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Heard so much about the VRS, need to get hold of one to take a TD . Simply awesome update Gautam !!!
Old 24th May 2007, 11:03   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

A nice fulfilling ownership experience to read. Drive hard and party hard - altho not at the same time
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks