Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 22:33   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Also ppl aspiring to buy cedia can consider a used vRS.

raj
yup.very true. but used vrs are hard to find,that too in good condition. as of now there are none in hyd.

ps: just in case anyone comes acoss a black vrs for sale, please do lemme know. thanks
Old 15th February 2008, 12:02   #77
BHPian

NC - I have used Speed97 in my vrs from day one (2 years ago I used speed95 as 97 was not launched) and never faced any problems. I am surprised that the dealer recomended normal petrol when the manual recommends 95 octane or higher. Did you get around to pinning down any problems specifically to higher octane fuel? Thanks.
Old 15th February 2008, 12:22   #78
Team-BHP Support

Nice review, Gautam. Quite comprehensive.
Old 15th February 2008, 12:55   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
NC - I have used Speed97 in my vrs from day one (2 years ago I used speed95 as 97 was not launched) and never faced any problems. I am surprised that the dealer recomended normal petrol when the manual recommends 95 octane or higher. Did you get around to pinning down any problems specifically to higher octane fuel? Thanks.
Bomi I don't think its got to do so much with high octane fuel as it has to do with additives that speed 97 contains .. am told that's what causes the problems ( if any ) I have been using normal unleaded fuel from day one,never tried speed 97..
Old 18th February 2008, 16:00   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bomi,

I did not face any particular problem with Speed/Power but was advised by the dealer. And there is a particular pump which is highly recommended, so I went there and topped it up with normal petrol.

Immediately within a few kms, the knocking had dissapeared and I could feel the car pull much better and cleaner.

Just to re-confirm, I filled up with Speed the next tankful and followed it up with normal petrol, the results were the same.

Since then, I have stuck to that pump and normal petrol only.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 18th February 2008 at 16:03.
Old 7th March 2008, 13:15   #81
BHPian

hi nc,
i know this is a little off topic, but please, i gotta know .. which is this highly recommended petrol pump ?
tks
Old 15th April 2008, 13:16   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
hi nc,
i know this is a little off topic, but please, i gotta know .. which is this highly recommended petrol pump ?
tks
Hey revvhead,

Sorry for the late reply. i completely missed this.

I can give you driving directions to the pump. On your way to Pune from Mumbai, after you cross the Kharghar flyover, there is another flyover before McDonalds. You have to go under the flyover and turn left towards Taloja. As soon as you turn left, take a right and the pump is just ahead to your left.

HP has been renovating the pump for a while now. And there is always a long line of trucks waiting to get tanked up.

And the best part is - petrol is 2 rupees cheaper as the pump comes in Raigad district.
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:14   #83
Senior - BHPian

Ok Fellows,

The 60000 km mark is 4000 kms away and there is a timing belt and bearing change specified at the 60000 km service.

I called up 3 dealers and these are the prices I got excluding tax.

Timing Belt - 2400 (NM) 2200 (JMD)
Timing Tensioner - 4800 (NM) 3100 (JMD)
Small Bearing - 1270 (NM) 1600 (JMD)
Medium Bearing - 1270 (NM)
Big Bearing - 2488 (NM)

Now - NM says if needed they will have to replace the alternator pulley, alternator belt and and damper. The prices are as follows

Alternator Pulley - 3500 (NM) 3400 (JMD)
Alternator Belt - 1250 (NM) 2010 (JMD)
Damper - 5500 (NM) 3350 (JMD)

Labour is 1800 for both NM and JMD.

So it works out this way -

Nummer Eins - 21138 + taxes
JMD - 15660 + taxes
Autobahn - Approx 20000 + taxes (did not give a break up)

Now my doubt is - how many bearings are actually there ? 3 or 1 ?

The guy at JMD insisted that for petrol engines only one bearing was specified and he checked that up in the workshop manual as well - the NM guy says there are 3 and the smallest one will be inspected before taking a decision on the replacement.

I am confused now.

JMD seems the cheapest and the best according my experiences till now.

Need some clarity here guys - help.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 22nd April 2008 at 13:15.
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:18   #84
Team-BHP Support

Let me check my newly acquired Haynes manual and revert. If I were you change all the bearings at the same time
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:30   #85
Senior - BHPian

I am going to change all the bearings and the alternator belt , pulley et all but I should be sure how many bearings are there in real !
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:35   #86
Senior - BHPian

How come the difference in prices between authorised worshops?
Aren't they supposed to be identical?
Old 25th April 2008, 14:00   #87
BHPian

Navin, the experts on BRISKODA also recommend changing the water pump when the timing belt is changed. Seems its quite inaccessible and usually wears off at 50-60K kms.
Old 26th April 2008, 14:04   #88
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin, the experts on BRISKODA also recommend changing the water pump when the timing belt is changed. Seems its quite inaccessible and usually wears off at 50-60K kms.
Absolutely. In fact, you must change the water pump along with the timing belt on most cars.
Old 26th April 2008, 14:15   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I can give you driving directions to the pump. On your way to Pune from Mumbai, after you cross the Kharghar flyover, there is another flyover before McDonalds. You have to go under the flyover and turn left towards Taloja. As soon as you turn left, take a right and the pump is just ahead to your left.
Is this the turning towards the Taloja Industrial area? Under that one way (Mum - Pune direction )flyover?

Hadn't noticed a road towards the right after that left.
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:32   #90
Senior - BHPian

The timing belt change has still not happened. JMD did not have the parts and my visit to Autobahn was a disaster - read here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-pathetic.html (Autobahn Skoda Service - Pathetic !)

JMD had ordered parts and Skoda had not sent them the parts for a week. So the timing issue took back seat. In the meanwhile, I got my guy and check up the noise which he confirmed is of the timing bearings. He also told me he could get the timing parts and change the same at my place. This might happen this week.

In the meanwhile - a couple of days ago, the fuse box problem again cropped up. 2 fuses blew - the ABS light came on, the a/c stopped working and the fan shut down. I pulled over and checked the fuse box which confirmed my worst fears. Replaced the fuses and was on my way.

Spoke to JMD next day - new fuse was 4500/- including labour. Called up my guy, he came over with the new fuse box and changed it today morning in my parking lot. Cost me 3300/- including labour.

Am attaching 2 pictures.

The new fuse box.
The Octavia vRS - NOW 78000 km UPDATE-fuse1.jpg

The old one being removed
The Octavia vRS - NOW 78000 km UPDATE-fuse2.jpg

Last edited by normally_crazy : 3rd June 2008 at 11:33.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks