Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:56   #91
Senior - BHPian

@N_C, I didn't get this. Why did you need to change the whole fuse box?
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:59   #92
Senior - BHPian

Shuvc,

The fuses blowing happened thrice. And the fuses broke/melted into pieces inside their slots. I had removed the pieces with a screw driver which made the slots a bit wider. Also I was not sure whether smaller pieces of the fuse had been removed completely from inside the slots. And since it had happened 3 times - I thought - "Better to be safe than sorry"

Last edited by normally_crazy : 3rd June 2008 at 12:01.
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:09   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Shuvc,

The fuses blowing happened thrice. And the fuses broke/melted into pieces inside their slots. I had removed the pieces with a screw driver which made the slots a bit wider. Also I was not sure whether smaller pieces of the fuse had been removed completely from inside the slots. And since it had happened 3 times - I thought - "Better to be safe than sorry"
I normally Crazy,
I have had the sma ething done to my 1.8Tpi twice already and its a pain when it happens, it happened to me once in the middle of the nite after partying!! and had to call skoda 24 hr service to drop me off home. Which they promptly did.

Any clue as to why this happens? They changed the main Battery wiring also and after that it hasn't caused me a problem so far, I have also changed my battery to theTDI's battery which has a higher capacity then the petrol.

Anyway now I havent faced the problem in sometime, but my fingers are crossed.

Happy riding...
Old 7th June 2008, 12:31   #94
Senior - BHPian

Ok - so just changed the air filter to the stock replacement K&N one (thanks to MM). I have to reset the ECU, right ? (disconnect the battery terminals for 20 mins and plug it back in ?)

EDIT - Reset done yesterday evening and immediately there is a noticable difference in the way the car responds to the foot. Seems eager to get on with it. I might be wrong but I feel it revs a bit more freely too. (maybe my OE filter was choked )

Last edited by normally_crazy : 8th June 2008 at 10:28.
Old 7th July 2008, 19:24   #95
BHPian

N_C any update on the timing belt,did you manage to get it changed ?
Old 11th August 2008, 17:17   #96
evo
BHPian

Skoda coolant price!

Quote:
Below I am listing the service bill -
Misc - 300 includes cooloant - power steering fluid - windshield wash concentrate
.[/b]
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I was reading through your service bills, the Skoda dealer in Kolkata-JIA AUTO charged me Rs.600 +VAT to top up the coolant!!!

Since your dealer charged only 300 that too with the other stuff, does it mean that the Kolkata dealer has not been totally honest?
Old 21st August 2008, 20:13   #97
Team-BHP Support

It seems to be an epidemic. My take is that water gets in and creates these issues. Have sprayed WD 40 all over mine.
Old 8th January 2009, 12:11   #98
Senior - BHPian

Just a small update

The timing belt was changed at 61000 kms and that completely solved the irritating noise.

The odo now reads 68000 kms.

A new battery has been installed - Exide (I know I know )

A new set of tyres have been installed - Bridgestone Turanzas AR10 - 5500 / tyre (grey market). Lovely tyres, comfortable and very silent.

The interiors need an urgent shampooing, vaccuming and cleaning. Going to the Car-Spa tomorrow.

I think the suspension bushes might need replacement and a power steering might have a small leak - going to get it checked in the next 10 days, other than that - all great.

The 2 Car runs just fine. no issues.
Old 8th January 2009, 12:34   #99
Senior - BHPian

Wooh! U do drive a lot.. 68k kms.
How many kms do u drive in a day?
Quote:
A new set of tyres have been installed - Bridgestone Turanzas AR10 - 5500 / tyre (grey market). Lovely tyres, comfortable and very silent.
Congrats Normally Kanjoos
Quote:
The interiors need an urgent shampooing, vaccuming and cleaning. Going to the Car-Spa tomorrow.
What about carpets?

Last edited by kpzen : 8th January 2009 at 12:36.
Old 8th January 2009, 12:45   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Wooh! U do drive a lot.. 68k kms.
How many kms do u drive in a day?
Atleast 70 in a day.

Quote:
Congrats Normally Kanjoos
Should be normally_sindhi

Quote:
What about carpets?
Yes - I forgot - new carpets too - thank you KPGenerous
Old 8th January 2009, 13:39   #101
Team-BHP Support

Finally you bought the tyres. Post a review after driving around for a while.

Also is the timing belt change interval at 60,000kms?

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th January 2009 at 13:50.
Old 8th January 2009, 14:02   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Ok - so just changed the air filter to the stock replacement K&N one (thanks to MM). I have to reset the ECU, right ? (disconnect the battery terminals for 20 mins and plug it back in ?)

EDIT - Reset done yesterday evening and immediately there is a noticable difference in the way the car responds to the foot. Seems eager to get on with it. I might be wrong but I feel it revs a bit more freely too. (maybe my OE filter was choked )
please help me understand this , do you need to reset the ecu when you change to a stock replacement free flow filter?
Old 8th January 2009, 14:12   #103
Senior - BHPian

Siddharth,

Yes you do need re-set the ECU. The reason being - the values from the MAF sensor stored on the ECU get erased and when you start driving after the re-set, the ECU picks up the new values due to the filter change.

If you do not re-set the ECU, the old values from the MAF sensor are stored on the ECU and you do not immediately feel a difference in the way the car moves and feels. Over a period of time the values get re-written but re-setting the ECU means you can feel the change immediately.

Hope that clears things.
Old 8th January 2009, 15:14   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Siddharth,

Yes you do need re-set the ECU. The reason being - the values from the MAF sensor stored on the ECU get erased and when you start driving after the re-set, the ECU picks up the new values due to the filter change.

If you do not re-set the ECU, the old values from the MAF sensor are stored on the ECU and you do not immediately feel a difference in the way the car moves and feels. Over a period of time the values get re-written but re-setting the ECU means you can feel the change immediately.

Hope that clears things.
thanks , will keep that in mind.
Old 24th January 2009, 17:03   #105

just went through the entire thread and i must say it has been quite an experience for you. Myself planning to pick up an RS in sometime, so just preparing myself on that. Thanks for sharing all your info.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed