Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2019, 16:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My love affair with the Ford Figo : 38,000 km in 2 years

Congratulations and thanks for the review. Ruby red is indeed nice on the Figo, especially with the sports grille.

May I ask, whether you put the sports grille from the Ford dealer and what would be the cost of it? Do we need to remove the bumper to put the new grille? Also would like to know the cost of 3M film on the roof and ORVM.
Old 26th February 2019, 16:57   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
May I ask, whether you put the sports grille from the Ford dealer and what would be the cost of it? Do we need to remove the bumper to put the new grille? Also would like to know the cost of 3M film on the roof and ORVM.
Yes, I got the sports grille from the Ford Dealer. It cost me around 1800 bucks for the grille and we do need to remove the bumper to fit new the grille.
The 3M wrap for the roof + ORVMs cost me 12,000 INR. I got the metallic black wrap. I guess the gloss black wrap from 3M is a bit cheaper though.

Last edited by soumyasomani : 26th February 2019 at 17:05.
soumyasomani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 00:50   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on completing 2 years with your car. May I ask why you decided to go with petrol version because based on the amount of kilometers your car has clocked diesel would have been a more financially feasible option.
Old 27th February 2019, 01:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on two years with the car. I now have two Ford Fiesta's, both now called the Classic version. One 2006 and 2009. I have to say Ford service was the pits but has improved off late, though, nothing on par with Maruti service. That is an area they really need to work on if they intend to sell more cars.

Like the write-up. Pretty impressive how well the car has served you. I recently bought my dad the used 2009 Fiesta to replace his 2007 Esteem, purely because spares for the Esteem are becoming difficult. But I must say, no complaints. I liked the Fiesta handling and performance from my earlier car.
Old 27th February 2019, 02:44   #20
BHPian

Nicely written review and it’s good know that the car has served you well in last two years. I feel you should have picked up Diesel variant for that kind of mileage. You would have recovered the difference by now.
But what I absolutely love about the petrol variant is the low maintenance, Maybe due to NA petrol engines. I own a petrol i20 back home and the service record is pretty similar to your records. These are really fill it-shut it-drive it kind of cars which makes the long term ownership really easy and fruitful.
My maternal uncle owned the first gen figo which was the benchmark for steering feedback and handling and I have done countless Mumbai-Nashik trips admiring the car. I could never feel the same in my i20.
Old 27th February 2019, 22:30   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranabegins View Post
Congratulations on completing 2 years with your car. May I ask why you decided to go with petrol version because based on the amount of kilometers your car has clocked diesel would have been a more financially feasible option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Nicely written review and it’s good know that the car has served you well in last two years. I feel you should have picked up Diesel variant for that kind of mileage. You would have recovered the difference by now.
But what I absolutely love about the petrol variant is the low maintenance, Maybe due to NA petrol engines. I own a petrol i20 back home and the service record is pretty similar to your records. These are really fill it-shut it-drive it kind of cars which makes the long term ownership really easy and fruitful.
I had initially bought the car only to drive to and from college which is about 20 kms a day. Hence, the petrol made more sense to me at the time.
I fell in love with the Figo and found myself aching to drive it more and more. And yes these cars have low maintenance and are extremely reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
My maternal uncle owned the first gen figo which was the benchmark for steering feedback and handling and I have done countless Mumbai-Nashik trips admiring the car. I could never feel the same in my i20.
My Dad owned the 1st Gen Figo (Panther Black 1.4 TDCi EXi variant) which he sold to get the Figo S. I really loved that car. It really is a benchmark in terms of sheer handling characteristics.

Most Viewed