Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2019, 20:23   #16
BHPian

Re: The Korean Konnect - My Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Is this the ARAI figures? Because as per my experience, the i10 even its manual variant struggles to deliver double digit fuel efficiency inside the city. Please tell us your actual fuel efficiency numbers.
Yes Aditya, these are the ARAI figures. The actual fuel efficiency is something close to these figures itself. Will check the exact figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
It has a 4- Speed torque converter unit and is known for its smooth shifts. Don’t even try to compare it with AMT’s. However, due to only 4 ratios available, the gearbox is really sluggish when driven hard. Otherwise for city drives it’s a breeze.
I absolutely second this The car is absolutely effortless to drive in the city and the shifts are super smooth too! No wonder my mom loves it so much, Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyadchule View Post
Nice write up! Any one who has driven the I10 AT can tell me how are the shifts? Jerky or smooth?
Thanks for the compliment, as I've mentioned earlier, the shifts are super smooth and easy!
Old 25th July 2019, 13:12   #17
BHPian

I am contemplating to go for a i10 ASTA AT however worried about the fuel efficiency I would get in real world usage. This is one of the fresh ownership thread i could find with discussion of efficiency

@BeemerBug_06 - Do you have real world figures ?
Old 25th July 2019, 23:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
I am contemplating to go for a i10 ASTA AT however worried about the fuel efficiency I would get in real world usage. This is one of the fresh ownership thread i could find with discussion of efficiency

@BeemerBug_06 - Do you have real world figures ?
Hi Vivek, unfortunately I have been caught up and haven't had time to check the fuel efficiency . To be honest, the fuel efficiency isn't that low on my car , the car is driven by my mom almost everyday within city limits. But yes, it is driven on Eco Mode! Hence, the consumption of fuel is controlled.
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:28   #19
BHPian

Hi. I would be interested to know the fuel efficiency as well. I am contemplating the magna auto for my wife
Old 2nd August 2019, 19:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi. I would be interested to know the fuel efficiency as well. I am contemplating the magna auto for my wife

I would say wait for 3weeks, as per news reports the new i10 is about to be released on August 20th.
Old 2nd August 2019, 23:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I would say wait for 3weeks, as per news reports the new i10 is about to be released on August 20th.
We are being offered a 60 K discount straight + freebies and 20K exchange bonus on our I10. Hopefully we can get some freebies too. The new I10 may come with an AMT instead of a TC as per reports.

New I10 is expected to be priced 20-25 K higher than the outgoing one.
Old 29th October 2019, 22:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerBug_06 View Post
  • Eco-Mode:- Now Automatic cars have often been criticised for giving terrible mileage. The Hyundai Grand i10 automatic gives a mileage of about 17.45 kmpl as opposed to the Manual version that gives about 18.35kmpl! To counter this, Hyundai installed a feature called Eco Mode. Eco Mode basically reduces acceleration and overall fuel consumption to improve the fuel economy of the car. In a city like Mumbai, Eco Mode often comes to use while wading through the busy roads!

• Mileage:- Since our car is an automatic, it's mileage is 17.45 kmpl which is low compared to the Manual Petrol and Diesel variants, which have a mileage of 18.25 kmpl and 24kmpl respectively.

Do you really get these mileage numbers ? The Grandi10 Sportz automatic petrol version that in use at home gives 8kmpl in very light Bangalore traffic (choose your travel wisely ;-)) and light usage (15-20 km a day). Any tips on how to bump it to these figures ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks