Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 09:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

70,000 kms and counting

1402 crossed the 70,000 mark last week. Got a comprehensive service done from Solitaire Honda at Borivali Mumbai. Everything from throttle body cleaning, injector cleaning and the works was done. Total bill came to around 3700/- including labour. The car is running super smooth as ever and the next major service will be at 80,000 kms. A full suspension overhaul is due next month.

Only one small issue is of the rpm fluctuating once in a while when I use the AC. It cuts off and on 2-3 times in quick succession. Rev it and then its fine. The IAC valve was also cleaned during service. Could it be the stock replacement K&N filter that is acting up now and is due for a change?

I am also planning to switch over to Mobil 1 soon.

Thats it for now. Next update at 75,000 kms
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

Went to Solitaire this time, eh? How did you find their work?
Old 4th December 2009, 11:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Went to Solitaire this time, eh? How did you find their work?

Very satisfied with their service. I was very promptly attended to when I arrived at the service centre. The service advisor knew his stuff well and the car was delivered to me before the estimated time. I will be sticking to them now since they are also closer to home.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:28   #64
BHPian

Any idea of the cost ot front and rear suspension sets for OHC? I am feeling that my Car's suspension have gone for a toss and have to replace them soon.
Old 4th May 2010, 13:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

80,000 kms update

80,000 kms up and quick. The car has a running of 70 to 80 kms per day. Took an appointment with Solitaire Honda and sent her in for the 80k major service. Here are the things that were done:

- Engine oil, AT Transmission oil, brake oil changed
- Brake service done
- Throttle body cleaning
- IAC valve cleaning
- New spark plugs
- Tappet cover gasket changed
- Timing belt changed
- Wheel alignment and balancing
- Fuel filter changed, K &N cleaned
- AC serviced

The total bill including labour for the major service came to around 10k. Though Honda recommends changing the timing belt at 100k kms, I got it changed anyways as a precaution at this service itself. The car feels really tight now . The problem of the rpm dipping after switching on the AC has gone after a thorough IAC valve cleaning. There was quite some carbon deposit out there.

The service advisor Mr. Bhavin at Solitaire was very helpful and took personal care of my car allowing me to watch the car as it was being worked upon. Car was delivered to me at the promised time too. Went in at 9 AM was out at 6.30 PM. I would definately recoomend them

The past 3 years have been a great experience with the Honda. She consistently gives me between 10 to 10.5 kpl FE in bumper to bumper city traffic and 16 kpl on my Pune drive last month. She looks just way she did when I got her home in 2006 leave for the minute ding dongs here and there. I keep the interiors fresh too at all times. Plan to give her an overcoat after the monsoon season.

Looking forward to clock the 100,000 kms mark.
Old 4th May 2010, 13:27   #66
Senior - BHPian

nice going. i'm getting scared that i should change the timing belt due to age and my ultra low usage (still only 43k done)!!
Old 4th May 2010, 13:31   #67
Senior - BHPian

Does Solitaire Honda know that you are a Team BHP moderator?
Old 4th May 2010, 13:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
nice going. i'm getting scared that i should change the timing belt due to age and my ultra low usage (still only 43k done)!!
Precaution is always better. Maybe you could get it done at 60k kms which is a semi major service. GTO got his changed at 70k as far as I remember.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:09   #69
BHPian

Pretty useful report . I've been also driving a zen around for 5 years now and planning to upgrade to a used OHC, will keep looking here for more pointers .
Old 1st December 2010, 20:39   #70
Senior - BHPian

Dippy eagerly awaiting some updates.
Old 15th December 2010, 19:19   #71
Senior - BHPian

Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 80,000kms

90,000 kms came up just over a week ago. The car completed 4 years with me on the 1st of October.

Gave the car the usual oil changes, replaced the filters. Got the whole front suspension done up with an overhaul. Total cost of parts came to around 12k. Picked up the parts myself from Shetty Motors, Opera House, Mumbai. A big thumbs up to their services. Highly recommended. The fuel pump motor conked off. Had that replaced with a Bosch one costing 1.5k. I will be doing up the rear suspension next month.

Oh yes got a nice loud horn too

Otherwise the car is running like it has to. Now a pending task is to give it an overcoat paint job.

Next update at the magical 1,00,000 kms mark
Old 15th December 2010, 19:43   #72
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 90,000kms

dippy im happy for you...i still suggest a new ride is due.
Old 15th December 2010, 22:19   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thanx Dippy.

This thread has helped me alot for my OHC.Its gonna get a major overhaul in march next year.The car has run around 90k too.
Old 7th January 2011, 17:13   #74
BHPian

My car is due for 1.5laks service, there have been some suspension problem, the bushes, tie rod ends, lower arms, and rear bearing. They all need to be replaced, while the shocks and other things are in pretty good condition.
The dealer here quoted 35k for the service including the oil service(OEM mineral oil and oil filter)
Guys, isn't that too high. Please help me.
The above things are replaced and 35k is including the labor charge.
Thanks in advance.
Old 7th January 2011, 18:19   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
My car is due for 1.5laks service, there have been some suspension problem, the bushes, tie rod ends, lower arms, and rear bearing. They all need to be replaced, while the shocks and other things are in pretty good condition.
The dealer here quoted 35k for the service including the oil service(OEM mineral oil and oil filter)
Guys, isn't that too high. Please help me.
The above things are replaced and 35k is including the labor charge.
Thanks in advance.

35k for a Honda service? Does that include the entire suspension overhaul? Please list the jobs that they intend to do when you car hits the workshop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks