Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2011, 18:40   #76
BHPian

Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 90,000kms

Lower arms and bushes, tie rod ends, rear wheel bearings(both sides), engine oil(regular), oil filter.. Apart from have told to check the rattling noise from the left door and center console
Inclusive of labor charges..
That's too much right??
Old 24th January 2011, 01:25   #77
BHPian

At last, i got 150,000 kms service done. I got it done from another garage in coimbatore. 'Kumci sports'
As the honda guys said, i didn't have to replace both the lower arms and rear wheel bearings(hubs).One lower arm and one bearing. Re-faced the brake rotors and drums, got overall tuning on the valves, brakes, timing etc. The car is now performing like new.
Got the oil service done from the honda itself.
The car is performing like new, am very happy with the work
More S'MILES now!
Old 24th January 2011, 05:08   #78
Senior - BHPian

Got an opportunity to ride in Dippy OHC recently and I wouldn't have guessed that its clocked so much.

Still purrs like a kitten for a car with close to a lakh!
Old 31st January 2011, 19:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

New Tyres at 93,000 kms

A lot of driving over the past 2.5 years saw the Yokohamas last out 45,000 kms and today I went in for new shoes for the car. Went down to International Tyres Mumbai this afternoon and got the OHC a fresh set of Bridgestone Turanzas 195/55 R15 on recommendation from Sumit. Mounted the tyres on my existing alloys.

I'm very happy with these tyres. They seem more comfy and quieter too. Hoping to sit down and clean the alloys myself in time for the Blind Man Rally on Sunday.

Well, thats about it for now. More later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower
Got an opportunity to ride in Dippy OHC recently and I wouldn't have guessed that its clocked so much.

Still purrs like a kitten for a car with close to a lakh!
Thanks man. Glad you liked it.

Last edited by Dippy : 31st January 2011 at 19:34.
Old 14th March 2011, 18:18   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 93,000kms

Hey Dippy, finally got round to reading your ownership thread. Crisp, concise and very useful. Am making a project of my own Vento AT thread as well! It's a treasure trove of information (you forget details easily!) and can double up as a neat service record, no?
Your car is beautiful and has done you a lot of good service, but I think it's time to upgrade no? Considered a used Civic AT? I drovr one yesterday and absolutely lurrrrved it!
Old 14th March 2011, 18:43   #81
Senior - BHPian

Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 93,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey Dippy, finally got round to reading your ownership thread. Crisp, concise and very useful. Am making a project of my own Vento AT thread as well! It's a treasure trove of information (you forget details easily!) and can double up as a neat service record, no?
Your car is beautiful and has done you a lot of good service, but I think it's time to upgrade no? Considered a used Civic AT? I drovr one yesterday and absolutely lurrrrved it!
Thanks for the comments noopster. Im glad you liked reading through it. I've started doing the oil changes etc myself with my trusted independent mechanic and I drive it to a washing centre to get an engine bay cleanup too. Everything including labour costs me no more than 1000/- Rupees at the most.

The car has been serving me superbly and I just love driving it everyday. I know you are right about the upgrade but I am so happy with this car that I dont feel the need to change. She has a lot of life left in her. Yes I am considering a used Civic AT in the near future but that would be for my dad to use. We have been waiting to buy a second car for sometime ever since he sold off the Sierra. My OHC wont go anywhere for a long time to come.

For the record shes at 95,000 kms now. Just gave her a fresh oil change today
Old 14th March 2011, 19:16   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: OHC 1.5 EXi AT : Long Term Ownership Report UPDATE: NOW 95,000kms

Hi Dippy,

It's great to know that you do oil changes on your own.
I really appreciate people who value their hard earned money irrespective of how rich they are.

Good luck with the car and wish you many many happy kilometers!
Old 16th March 2011, 21:28   #83
BHPian

I was always intrested in buying the old Honda City automatic but I was always hesitant that it is a 10 year or more old vehicle by now and won't I run into lots of service issues. But reading Dippy's review makes me forget that doubt and wish I had one of those.
Excellent review Dippy. And excellent car!
Old 11th April 2011, 21:22   #84
BHPian

Hey Dippy! excellent thread! love ur review. I own a 1.5 EXI as well. I have been getting my OHC serviced at a local workshop in Pune for quite some time. Clocked about 70K. Do you still recommend giving it to the Honda guys once for a full service? I have been using Mobil 1 so won't require the oil change. How much would a full service-oil change cost if i was to give it to the Honda guys here in pune?
Old 11th April 2011, 22:23   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyOHC View Post
Hey Dippy! excellent thread! love ur review. I own a 1.5 EXI as well. I have been getting my OHC serviced at a local workshop in Pune for quite some time. Clocked about 70K. Do you still recommend giving it to the Honda guys once for a full service? I have been using Mobil 1 so won't require the oil change. How much would a full service-oil change cost if i was to give it to the Honda guys here in pune?
Hi

The regular services at Honda cost between 2 to 2.5k which includes changing of oil. Since your car is at 70k I would advise you to give the car to Honda at 80k thats when they do a major service which includes new spark plugs, brake servicing, throttle body cleaning etc. and this is a rather expensive service. Otherwise getting it serviced from a trusted independent workshop should be fine as you are currently doing.

Also even though Honda advise a timing belt change at 1,00,000 kms, I'd say change it at 80k. I did the same . Better as a precaution really.
Old 11th April 2011, 22:51   #86
BHPian

Thanks Dippy! no harm if i get the timing belt changed now right? I take good care of my OHC and have been getting her serviced every 4.5K Kms. Facing some issues with the clutch, its hard and spoils the driving experience. Not sure if its time for a clutch overhaul. Showed it to my mech', he says its the pressure plates and might need a clutch replacement
Old 11th April 2011, 23:23   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyOHC View Post
Thanks Dippy! no harm if i get the timing belt changed now right? I take good care of my OHC and have been getting her serviced every 4.5K Kms. Facing some issues with the clutch, its hard and spoils the driving experience. Not sure if its time for a clutch overhaul. Showed it to my mech', he says its the pressure plates and might need a clutch replacement
Yes of course you can change the timing belt now, no harm at all. Is your car still running on the original clutch at 70k kms? If yes you might want to look at a clutch plate/ pressure plate replacement
Old 12th April 2011, 00:16   #88
BHPian

Yes it is! Since there is no slippage yet i thought of exploring options if any to fix the clutch. Thanks!
Old 14th April 2011, 19:10   #89
BHPian

Hey Dippy!! got my OHC a brand new exedy clutch!! i gotta tell u my OHC's running like a new baby with this change. Love the gear shifts. By the way i read somewhere that performance of a new clutch improves after driving ur car for about a 100 kms. Is that true?
Old 15th April 2011, 20:58   #90
BHPian

The only know issue now is the engine vibrations. The car idles between 750 to 800 but i can feel mild engine vibrations. Got the spark plugs checked, replaced the cable but all in vain. The car runs fine but not sure what's causing the engine vibrations. Please advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks