Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 00:06   #181
BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!

I see that in your photos the odometer is always displayed whichever screen mode the mini display is on and while engine is running. In my compass LTD + Diesel however odometer reading is only shown when the engine is off and in ignition mode. Should i take it to the A.S.S or is there a setting which I'm not aware of?
avi@98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 02:16   #182
BHPian

Re: New Tyres (Yokohama Earth-1), New Brake Pads and ODO@ 51800

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
New Tyres (Yokohama Earth-1), New Brake Pads and ODO@ 51800

Tyre replacement was pending for a long time. I was looking out for Michelin 235/60/R17 (Stock size is 225/60/R17), but due to the recent import regulations, most of the dealers didn't have stock or were having 2-3 years old stock. Same with Pirelli too. I checked for Falcon and Yokohama BluEarth - RV02 as well but finally I decided on Yokohama Earth1 which is Made in India and easily available compared to others. It costed me 9K per tyre.

And the new ones. Initial impression is, these tyres are way better than the Firestones. Eventhough Earth1 is said to be harder than BluEarth - RV02, its on the softer side and silent when compared to the stock Firestones.

Attachment 2069884

Attachment 2069885
Hey Arun, interesting that you went for the Earth-1s. I had gone for the Bluearth RV02 last year, and overall ownership has been a mixed bag. They have been great on city and highway rides, reasonably good in mud too, but poor in rocky trails. My tires have hardly run 7000 kms but are badly chipped and damaged. Options are limited and as you pointed out, mostly old stock available. I am in two minds on the Falken Wildpeaks in stock size of the Michelins in 235.

Do keep updating how the Earth-1s behave, as that can also be an option. My understanding though was that the Earth-1s are great for sedans.

i knew Earth-1 is harder than RV02, but do rate it on sound, comfort, and traction on different surfaces.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 10:31   #183
BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
I see that in your photos the odometer is always displayed whichever screen mode the mini display is on and while engine is running. In my compass LTD + Diesel however odometer reading is only shown when the engine is off and in ignition mode. Should i take it to the A.S.S or is there a setting which I'm not aware of?
Not sure if I understood your query properly, but do you have the Speed Limit warning set on?

If I recall correctly, if the speed limit warning is on, the set speed limit is shown but not the odometer.
Fusion2006 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 16:48   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
Should i take it to the A.S.S or is there a setting which I'm not aware of?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
Not sure if I understood your query properly, but do you have the Speed Limit warning set on?

If I recall correctly, if the speed limit warning is on, the set speed limit is shown but not the odometer.
Yes, I think if we remove the display of speed limit warning then the ODO gets displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post

Do keep updating how the Earth-1s behave, as that can also be an option. My understanding though was that the Earth-1s are great for sedans.

i knew Earth-1 is harder than RV02, but do rate it on sound, comfort, and traction on different surfaces.
My initial interest was on Michelin but I didn't want to go for 2+ years old stock. I also checked for Bluearth RV02, but this too is imported and one dealer had the last set. I didn't opt for it because if there is a need to change one tyre later, then I might have to runaround to get one as there is no clear direction on when the sales of imported tyres will resume again. So, I went ahead with Earth-1 to be on the safer side.

Yes, this is on the harder side but definitely way better than the Firestones. Its more silent and more comfort as well. Firestone gives a thud sound on bad roads which is not the case with Earth-1. Will keep the thread updated once I clock more distance.
arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 22:57   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post

Thank you. Infact i had the speed limit warning on and that was being shown instead of the odometer reading. Turned it off and got back what i wanted

On another note, how does the firestones compare with the stock Bridgestone Turanza in the limited plus?

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd October 2020 at 12:52. Reason: Typo
Old 27th October 2020, 14:46   #186

Hi,
Thanks for this crisp detailed ownership report. I picked up a pre-worshipped 2017 Jeep Compass LTD(D) after going through this thread and the official Team-BHP review. Must say one of the best decisions I've ever made. Enjoying my car thoroughly. I just had a few questions:
  1. Have you had any problems with the headlights? I find them very weak, especially during rains. I've looked around for headlight upgrades and found this thread about upgrading to HID (Jeep Compass: Morimoto HID Headlights + FE Retrofit Projector Foglamps Upgrade) headlamps. I'd rather prefer sticking to Halogen lamps since I find them easier on the eyes. Looking for some potential options which I can give a try.
  2. I also haven't been able to figure out how to switch the fuel efficiency display from L/100km to km/L. I've dug through the instrument cluster and the manual but couldn't find anything. Can you help?
adityagurjar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 16:41   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityagurjar View Post
Hi,
Thanks for this crisp detailed ownership report. I picked up a pre-worshipped 2017 Jeep Compass LTD(D) after going through this thread and the official Team-BHP review. Must say one of the best decisions I've ever made. Enjoying my car thoroughly. I just had a few questions:
Thank You! Congratulations and good to hear that you are enjoying this car

Quote:
Have you had any problems with the headlights? I find them very weak, especially during rains. I've looked around for headlight upgrades and found this thread about upgrading to HID (Jeep Compass: Morimoto HID Headlights + FE Retrofit Projector Foglamps Upgrade) headlamps. I'd rather prefer sticking to Halogen lamps since I find them easier on the eyes. Looking for some potential options which I can give a try.
For now I am sticking to stock. But few people have moved to Retrofit for foglamps upgrade and they are happy about it.

https://feretrofit.com/collections/f...nt=40398846985

Quote:
  1. I also haven't been able to figure out how to switch the fuel efficiency display from L/100km to km/L. I've dug through the instrument cluster and the manual but couldn't find anything. Can you help?
Here is the setting, go to Settings -> Units -> Custom -> Fuel Consumption

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-fekmpl.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 17:34   #188
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, this is on the harder side but definitely way better than the Firestones. Its more silent and more comfort as well. Firestone gives a thud sound on bad roads which is not the case with Earth-1. Will keep the thread updated once I clock more distance.
Thanks for the update; I have done 50k on my Compass and am on the lookout for a change of tires. Guess I will go with your choice and hope that by the time next change comes due we have options on AT tires in this size !!

Quote:
Hi,[*]I also haven't been able to figure out how to switch the fuel efficiency display from L/100km to km/L. I've dug through the instrument cluster and the manual but couldn't find anything. Can you help?[/list]
You can change unit in SETTINGS in the infotainment system - it has options on units for fuel economy among others and a change made here will reflect on the MID. Let me know if you need further help, will click pics on my car and share if required.
pathik@2020 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 12:11   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie;4918835
Here is the setting, go to Settings -> Units -> Custom -> Fuel Consumption

[ATTACH=FEKmpl.jpg
2072955[/ATTACH]
Thanks for the info! I was able to change it to km/L. I bought the car with 26k~ km on the odo in September and recently completed 3000kms driving it. Here's what the FE looks like for me with 60:40 City-Highway use.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-img_7935.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik@2020 View Post
You can change unit in SETTINGS in the infotainment system - it has options on units for fuel economy among others and a change made here will reflect on the MID. Let me know if you need further help, will click pics on my car and share if required.
Thanks! I found the setitng there and changed it.

Last edited by adityagurjar : 29th October 2020 at 12:19. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
adityagurjar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 17:22   #190
BHPian

Quote:
[*]Have you had any problems with the headlights? I find them very weak, especially during rains. I've looked around for headlight upgrades and found this thread about upgrading to HID (Jeep Compass: Morimoto HID Headlights + FE Retrofit Projector Foglamps Upgrade) headlamps.
Quote:

For now I am sticking to stock. But few people have moved to Retrofit for foglamps upgrade and they are happy about it.

https://feretrofit.com/collections/f...nt=40398846985
I dont know how much this would help but I am running Autobahn LED F5 G-XP3 9005/HB3 on my compass. I had gotten these 2 months ago before I covered 12k on the Compass overall till date they have been great but there is a bit blue in them.

They come with 2 year warranty "I hope they do honer this". Overall the difference between basic halogen HB3 and LED HB3 are huge. I also keep them at the lowest level possible to not bug other drivers.
Old 30th October 2020, 08:11   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
I dont know how much this would help but I am running Autobahn LED F5 G-XP3 9005/HB3 on my compass. I had gotten these 2 months ago before I covered 12k on the Compass overall till date they have been great but there is a bit blue in them.

They come with 2 year warranty "I hope they do honer this". Overall the difference between basic halogen HB3 and LED HB3 are huge. I also keep them at the lowest level possible to not bug other drivers.
Hi,
can you post results of the lights? That'd be really helpful for everyone wanting to go ahead and try them. I also tried searching for them on Amazon but couldn't get the exact model you specified. Where did you buy them from?
Old 8th November 2020, 08:56   #192
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Nagercoil - Bangalore Update And 50,000 Kms Update

Quote:
Issues:

I have two rattling issues, one on the driver side door and the other one from dashboard. Both are intermittent and I haven't been able to replicate the rattle during the past services. Planning to get this fixed some time soon.
I had the door rattle, and the service centre found it to be from the speaker mounting on the driver side door.
di1in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 21:03   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Tyres (Yokohama Earth-1), New Brake Pads and ODO@ 51800

Quote:

I also got the TPMS - SensAiry fitted along with these new tyres.
This is how the SensAiry TPMS shows up on the display via Android Auto.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-tpms.jpg

Some clicks during a drive near Bannerghatta park.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-jc1.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-jc2.jpg

And a random click

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-jc6.jpg

Nothing much to update with no drives during the last 3 weeks. ODO is getting closer to 53K.
arun_josie is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 21:49   #194
BHPian

Re: 4X4 Review:

Quote:
[b]4X4 Review:

Some technical information from the manual about enabling Four Wheel Drive (4x4),

4WD LOCK:

The Power Transfer Unit (PTU) is locked to ensure immediate availability of torque to the rear drive axles. This feature is selectable in AUTO mode and automatic in the other driving mode. 4WD LOCK can be enabled by the
following ways:

• When the 4WD LOCK button is pushed.
• When the Selec-Terrain switch is rotated from AUTO to any other off-road modes.

Auto: This four-wheel drive operation is a continuous operation, is fully automatic and can be used on and off road. This mode balances traction to ensure maneuverability and acceleration improvement compared to a
vehicle with two wheel drive. This mode also reduces fuel consumption, since it allows the disconnect of the drive shaft where conditions permit.

Snow: This mode allows you to have greater stability under conditions of bad weather. For use on and off road on surfaces with poor traction, such as roads covered with snow. When in SNOW mode (depending on certain operating conditions), the transmission may use second gear (rather than first gear) during launches, to minimize wheel slippage.

Sand: For off-road driving or use on surfaces with poor traction, such as dry sand. The transmission is set to provide maximum traction.

Mud: For off-road driving or use on surfaces with poor traction, such as roads covered by mud or wet grass.
Thanks Arun. I have been following this thread so closely. Recently I took the test drive of Diesel AT 4x4. However I couldn't get a proper explanation on the 4x4 operations from the dealer. I did recollect your thread and thought of quoting this particular post. Kindly help to clarify,
  • Indicator against Auto seems to be ON always. Does it mean that it intelligently engage the rear axle as needed based on the traction availability, even if the 4WD lock button is not pushed down? (I guess the answer is NO and 4WD kicks in only when the lock button is pushed down.)
  • In the absence of a central differential, what is the mechanism in place to transfer the power from transmission unit to front and rear axles?
  • With the other terrain modes, does it operate as full time 4x4? Is there any mechanism to automatically disengage the rear wheel in these modes so that it can be safely used with moderate speeds on on-road as well (eg; snow mode during heavy rain) without any damage to the system
Cruiser_D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 22:25   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 4X4 Review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser_D View Post
Indicator against Auto seems to be ON always. Does it mean that it intelligently engage the rear axle as needed based on the traction availability, even if the 4WD lock button is not pushed down? (I guess the answer is NO and 4WD kicks in only when the lock button is pushed down.)
Yes, 4WD is operational only when this button is turned on. Otherwise, it will be 4x2 only.

Quote:
  • In the absence of a central differential, what is the mechanism in place to transfer the power from transmission unit to front and rear axles?
Regarding the 4x4 mechanism, you can check the below post in our official review.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4258581 (Jeep Compass : Official Review)

Quote:
  • With the other terrain modes, does it operate as full time 4x4? Is there any mechanism to automatically disengage the rear wheel in these modes so that it can be safely used with moderate speeds on on-road as well (eg; snow mode during heavy rain) without any damage to the system
I remember reading about this in the manual, I think you can keep the 4x4 turned ON irrespective of the terrain. However it will affect the fuel efficiency. I will re-check this information again and update here, if required.

Last edited by arun_josie : 23rd November 2020 at 22:39.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks